• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beware the man that has a lid in the bag...

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to try to throw one if I can find one.

The Sonic is amazing!
We pulled this 90g at the warehouse, and we use it for indoor catch and tricks/pranks. Any disc that can do 100' anhyzer nutshots reliably... bag it! Way too light for outdoors though. One of the guys bagged a max-weight because of it, and it's great on the course.

I've got a few lids. A couple Zephyrs, a couple SuperHeros, a Te Moko, but I rarely carry them in my bag. I do occasionally play rounds with just a couple of those though. I love throwing the SuperHero.

I'd taken my Rattler out for a while...it's been back in for the last couple of weeks

fantastic disc to have in the bag

annys, hyzers, straight with no fade

doesn't require much so can be used from awkward stances and get out of trouble

I have a 170gm Elite Pro, gummy and grippy

They do make a champion Sonic its called the Super Sonic.. Most all dog disc that are considered bite resistant are made from a Champion type plastic... I almost always have some type of lid in my bag.. One of my favs is the Hero 235 XD they are super grippy..

I carry a zephyr for touch approaches. Helps that we play catch with it too. Only problem really is that its just so big in my bag... wont be a problem when I upgrade my bag tho.

Last edited:
They do make a champion Sonic its called the Super Sonic.. Most all dog disc that are considered bite resistant are made from a Champion type plastic... I almost always have some type of lid in my bag.. One of my favs is the Hero 235 XD they are super grippy..

Unfortunately not PDGA approved.

Unfortunately not PDGA approved.
yes its my understanding all Hero and whamo fastback types are approved... you can take any fastback type disc although they don't have the PDGA approval stamp they are still the original disc golf disc.. and really they are no advantage what so ever compared to the new type disc that push the PDGA disc requirements

and it is listed as approved in the Innova listing
Innova-Champion Discs Hero Disc Type 235 196.7 23.7 2.9 2.8 22.5 0.6 11.8 77.75 3.74 S V 158.8 04-15 07/08/04

yes its my understanding all Hero and whamo fastback types are approved... you can take any fastback type disc although they don't have the PDGA approval stamp they are still the original disc golf disc.. and really they are no advantage what so ever compared to the new type disc that push the PDGA disc requirements

and it is listed as approved in the Innova listing
Innova-Champion Discs Hero Disc Type 235 196.7 23.7 2.9 2.8 22.5 0.6 11.8 77.75 3.74 S V 158.8 04-15 07/08/04

Hmmmm, news to me. But still the supersonic does not fit that listing you provided. I would need it from chuck's mouth to believe it.

I carry a Sonic and a Zephyr. The Zeph is mostly used as a warm up disc, but it does see some approaches during a round. The Sonic is my main approach disc- barring a lot of wind or need for a strong hyzer finish.

Closest I have is an ESP Zeppelin. As long as there's no wind, it's great on shortish approaches, especially if I need to throw an anhyzer.

is a super hero legal
In my understanding it is legal... A super hero is a 235 fastback disc, if its labeled super hero, super sonic, the super is referring to the type of plastic being used..... the molds are approved and the weight vs size from the heavier plastic still meets the PDGA requirements...Like I said earlier there is no advantage from these disc in casual play.. I would not use them in a tourney there are better disc IMO..