• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Black/Purple Ace

So I was playing last weekend, and on one hole there is a garbage can oddly placed next to a tree on the left side of the fairway....I throw a nice shot, a little right, it nicks a branch, turns left and goes straight in the trash can! Unfortunately, my disc did smell like beer after that:)
Now, I understand that this is definitely not an ace...but there should be some kind of name for it.
I thought trash can ace or something like that, but I'm sure we can come up with something better...

ummmm....cubby ace?

In our 'group', if you land in a garbage can, you have to go sit in the car for an hour with the windows up and the heat on.

So I was playing last weekend, and on one hole there is a garbage can oddly placed next to a tree on the left side of the fairway....I throw a nice shot, a little right, it nicks a branch, turns left and goes straight in the trash can! Unfortunately, my disc did smell like beer after that:)
Now, I understand that this is definitely not an ace...but there should be some kind of name for it.
I thought trash can ace or something like that, but I'm sure we can come up with something better...

My dad pulled this off not too long ago. We never let him live it down either. :p As far as naming it - Dirty ACE.

There is a garbage can near the basket on hole 21 at Jack Mclean park. I don't know what it is called, but someone signed the can. I guess they counted it as an ace.

When on your first shot on a hole during a round you hit one of those fat balding guys trolling the course near sunset with no discs in their hands who eyeballed you a little funny when you pulled in. They seem to have an affinity for the wooded holes or the tall grass.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see this thread....

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17003

I wish that I hadn't seen that thread. Now I'm feeling all yucky. :doh:

And a purple ace is when you're playing a course backwards, safari style, and get an ace.

Just kidding about the purple ace answer. Pulled that one out of my back side and just had to post it. :p

The Purple Ace is apparently the University of Evansville, Indiana's team mascot. That's what wiki came up with for me.

Not sure if that has anything to do with the actual question or not.

Still don't know, but here's where they're listed:

http://www.lvbagtag.com/aces.htm

scroll all the way to the bottom ...I just sent an email asking, we'll see if they answer. I would have done that to begin with, but I thought it was going to be a simple answer .. lol

Ok, they answered. It's for the women. How anti-climactic is that?!

....and why wouldn't that just be a regular ace?:doh:

Got a black ace way before a real one. Grip locked bad, hit three trees before landing in a basket 75 feet away. I was more confused if anything when it happened.

I wish I saw this thread earlier: it's called a Waste. :p

Wow I say we start a poll and come up with definitive ace color chart.

I second this.

I thought a while back in some other thread we decided to call Cubby Aces Pink Aces as well because you should have to claim pink if you want to claim an ace that wasn't your first shot. Which by the way, isn't an ace at all as previously discussed in close to a million threads on this site and others.

Much like a purple heart, a purple ace is when you hit one and due to your over-celebration your buddies kick your ass. Injury in the line of duty type thing.