• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

So I'll preface with the fact that I know this isn't impressive, but was awesome for me....

I had my five longest throws ever today with my blizz katana. One as long as about 350. It was magical for a noodle-armer.

Also...it was a long flat turnover line...actual golf line. Not just chucking for distance.

i got a 145 blizzard ape yesterday. how do these fly? im hoping its beefy.

My 144g Blizz Ape seems to fly similar to my Bilzz Bosses. Not as beefy as I was expecting. Flips up and over from a light hyzer on a 400' shot, fading back for a tight s-flight. It's not "flippy", but it sure as heck isn't beefy. I'm actually getting really good distance out of it but the Ape shares the same role as my Blizz Boss in my bag. My Ape is pink with a very small dome. Not nearly as domey as some of the Bosses I have seen.

My 144g Blizz Ape seems to fly similar to my Bilzz Bosses. Not as beefy as I was expecting. Flips up and over from a light hyzer on a 400' shot, fading back for a tight s-flight. It's not "flippy", but it sure as heck isn't beefy. I'm actually getting really good distance out of it but the Ape shares the same role as my Blizz Boss in my bag. My Ape is pink with a very small dome. Not nearly as domey as some of the Bosses I have seen.
cool. mine is really flat too for a blizzard disc. almost no dome at all.

I throw sidearm around 250'-300' and I like something pretty stable and straight. I throw Avenger SS, River, or Valk. What would you guys recommend in Blizz? I have read about Katana and seems like it may fit me most but just want other input. Thanks.

I throw sidearm around 250'-300' and I like something pretty stable and straight. I throw Avenger SS, River, or Valk. What would you guys recommend in Blizz? I have read about Katana and seems like it may fit me most but just want other input. Thanks.

Stable and straight, in light weight = 150 Champ Teebird. None of the Blizzard discs fit that bit. They're all big S curve max D type discs, with a bunch of high speed turn, and considerable fade when they slow down.

no need to get a 150 really...but get a 165-170 teebird. once you can throw it 350+ consistently, get a 165-170 PD. Once you can get that to around 400, then consider blizzard/faster discs. And by then you'll be kicking yourself for not working on your BH, b/c 400' FH w/o a big S curve is tough. I started FH and found it tough to get past 350 w/o starting to hurt my arm, so i switched to BH. sorta started all over

Last edited:
Stable and straight, in light weight = 150 Champ Teebird. None of the Blizzard discs fit that bit. They're all big S curve max D type discs, with a bunch of high speed turn, and considerable fade when they slow down.

If the wind isn't much over 15mph, the bliz Destroyer might work for you...the other bliz discs seem to vary from slightly flippy to really flippy, and forehand might complicate that unless you're pretty clean. The Destroyers I've tried and the one I now own are ridiculously stable, esp for a 136 (140 scaled) disc. If I put it on a low line drive it will go extremely straight before dumping out...not much skip usually. Putting them on a normal throw or distance line, you'll have to have good form and power to get them to behave the right way. Thus far, it's about that 15mph headwind mark where mine seems to get a little nervous and turn much more...always fights out of it to fade back, but it's on the edge of controllable at that point.

Teebird is obviously a great and workable suggestion, though!

I liked the Teedevil's color at the shop today. I almost caved in bought then I told myself. "You hated the last Blizzard disc you got.. Don't do it."

cool i think i have the two heaviest blizzard discs made!!! OH YEAH!

the bliz Destroyer might work...the Destroyers I've tried and the one I now own are ridiculously stable.

The Destroyers are nice. I like my 150. Still pretty tricky to get a straight finish out of blizzard discs unless you have great touch and control over the high speed turn, and work them on low lines. I guess I'd recommend trying both the 150 Teebird and the Blizzard Destroyer to TNDiscGolfer. The Katana is more of a one trick pony, in that it's going to flip. Good for max D in big tailwinds but not that practical to carry around.

Threw the TeeDevil again today quite a bit, still struggling to get it to S out, I think I just need to work on it a bit more. Love my Blizzard Destroyer though...

So I have never thrown any of these blizzard things. Why do I want to? I throw pretty far with normal stuff... is it that big of a change for a mid/top level am1 who throws with pro power to try this? I am thinking that control should be my focus.... do I really need to throw over 550 if my 450 isn't all that perfectly controlled? Any big armers using this stuff to help consistency?

Latest posts