• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I just got my second Blizzard disc today, a 154g Destroyer. After reading everything on this thread I am wondering if I am just getting lucky. My TeeDevil has one small "scoop" out of it near the center on the bottom side of the flight plate. Nothing major, visible, but I do not think it will affect the integrity of the flight plate. It did have one slit in the rim from the manufacturing process, but I did not even notice it until it got filled with dirt. The Destroyer shows no structural defect and the only reason I can think it is a factory second is because that it had some minor scuffing on the top of the flight plate. Both had some roughness to the top, much like what you would see on R-Pro or Gateway's SSS plastic, but nothing severe.

It will be another day or two before I get a chance to throw the Destroyer, but I was liking what I saw out of the TeeDevil. If I can get the Destroyer to flip a little like a Pro, I am thinking my Kings may have a little competition for that slot in the bag.

Sounds to me like innova tried something new,screwed it up,gave their screw up a name(blizzard),and sold the results of their screw up,as f2's.

Stay hot,innova!

I just got my second Blizzard disc today, a 154g Destroyer. After reading everything on this thread I am wondering if I am just getting lucky. My TeeDevil has one small "scoop" out of it near the center on the bottom side of the flight plate. Nothing major, visible, but I do not think it will affect the integrity of the flight plate. It did have one slit in the rim from the manufacturing process, but I did not even notice it until it got filled with dirt. The Destroyer shows no structural defect and the only reason I can think it is a factory second is because that it had some minor scuffing on the top of the flight plate. Both had some roughness to the top, much like what you would see on R-Pro or Gateway's SSS plastic, but nothing severe.

It will be another day or two before I get a chance to throw the Destroyer, but I was liking what I saw out of the TeeDevil. If I can get the Destroyer to flip a little like a Pro, I am thinking my Kings may have a little competition for that slot in the bag.

You should invite me to test them with you :D

Hey Scott, is the teedevil ultra domey?

You should invite me to test them with you :D

I am not back teaching in the classroom until Jan 3., so I am definitely getting out a few times over the next week. At least one of those days I will be getting to BRP. I do need to hit GGGT on Tuesday because I think I have talked myself into buying a Cryztal Meteor. From there I am probably going to play Bassett or Plymouth Creek.

Plymouth is definitely more fun to play, especially since I want to give my Lycans a workout. However, Bassett is a far better place to test these Blizzard discs because there really are not any holes to open them up with at Plymouth.

Last Thursday I was able to give the TeeDevil and my Icon Canon a good run for their money at Millstream. Too bad it is too much of a drive to do that again.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about how much your messed up discs are. You knew these were factory seconds.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about how much your messed up discs are. You knew these were factory seconds.

Factory seconds/ xouts are blemishes and defects that will not effect the flight of the disc.
Epic like rim and most of the other issues are going to effect the ****ing flight jackhole!

Last edited:
I'm with I8URZ28. If you buy factory seconds, you have to expect some messed up plastic. It's not a misprint, its a factory second. I buy misprints to try them out, not to use in tourney play, because I cant trust that they're PDGA legal. Same would go for F2. Buy 'em to try em.

*edit*
umm read some more posts, there are some that were cfr's for the taiwan fundraiser that shouldnt even be F2's so yes,complaining should be happening
I thought I was following the thread closely, but I guess not. I'd deleate my post but I cant.

Last edited:
I'm with I8URZ28. If you buy factory seconds, you have to expect some messed up plastic. It's not a misprint, its a factory second. I buy misprints to try them out, not to use in tourney play, because I cant trust that they're PDGA legal. Same would go for F2. Buy 'em to try em.

*edit*

I thought I was following the thread closely, but I guess not. I'd deleate my post but I cant.

Ifyou market a product as cosmetic flaws but send out major deformity issues in anything other than discgolf, your looking at a lawsuit.

If they sold these as ****ed up discs, I wouldn't have a problem.

Most of my xouts are perfect/no issues with plastic or disc. But some are f'ed up.

I kinda expected the blizzards I ordered to be kinda furry...after all these bubbles are intentional, and the process is new. And 3 out of the 4 I got were near perfect....one had a froth of bubbles in the edge of the wing that made it feel rough, top and bottom

If they fly sh#tty then I will gripe

I will add that 99% of the xouts I buy, have been in my hands first. I rarely buy any sight unseen.

If you don't have a brick and mortar, it is a dicey move to buy xouts.

I got a couple of Blizzard wraiths, and they weren't bad at all. Both of the discs had couple of very small gouges. I also got a F2 Star Wraith, and there was a slight dip on the rim, but that's it. However, the more I think about it, I think Innova's pricing of those F2 discs is a bit high.

I don't think I'd buy any more from the site, from now and on. I wouldn't want to risk getting some real bad seconds without seeing them.

The main deal is some people bought the CFR's Expecting better quality .. and getting horrible F2 Quality....
Like me :(

I ordered a Taiwan Wraith a few days ago for my dad ...
im hope after getting all these angry emails ..maybe hell give me a decent one ..
but i doubt that's the case ..lol

*Fail*

Last edited:
Darn, I was going to snag a couple but think I will hold off till they figure out the process.

Koffee

Latest posts