• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Just picked out a Blizzard DD2 from the Innova Store. I would not mind if it flew just a tad bit better than my Blizzard Boss. I get more consistent max d with the Boss but I feel more comfortable throwing my Kings. The DD2 is supposed to be close to the Boss, slotting it between the Boss and King.

I need to be Prerubed! Without going back & sifting through 129 pages, what are the stability differences in Blizz Wraiths comparing dome, bubbles in rim/flight plate, etc? I need a backup to one I got used but I don't want to get a stable pig. If you have a specific link or if you just want to share your knowledge I would appreciate it!

I need to be Prerubed! Without going back & sifting through 129 pages, what are the stability differences in Blizz Wraiths comparing dome, bubbles in rim/flight plate, etc? I need a backup to one I got used but I don't want to get a stable pig. If you have a specific link or if you just want to share your knowledge I would appreciate it!

I dont think anyone has those answers.

I don't know that blizzards add extra D for everybody. But I think one major thing is that it could be the same D with less effort. If you throw driver 'A' 350' at full power & throw blizzard driver 'B' the same length at 80% power, I can see the advantage

Same D with less effort is a great advantage of the Blizzards.

I like to use them when I am in situations where I need a long distance throw, but do not have the room for a run up. For me, the blizzards get much more D when throwing flat footed than the heavy weighted counterparts.

Osmo
Eagle Member Join Date: Sep 2011
Courses Played: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by curveball4

I dont think anyone has those answers.

Well I know there was the domey vs flat makes a difference in stability argument. There was also an argument that the bubbles made a difference depending if they were in the rim or flight plate. I just don't remember what the answers were

If its domey and has bubbles in the flight play its going to be more stable.....people keep saying im wrong but im pretty sure i've thrown enough to notice the difference....especially in destroyers where its really noticable. Dome does make MORE of a difference but because of the weight ratio from flight plate v/s rim the bubbled flight plates are more stable. Same with my new Wiggins boss. No bubbles in flight plate same weight as my earlier run, same dome but its definetly more flippy.

Katanas seem to go strictly by their dome and PLH.

Apes never had fligh plate bubbles from what ive seen so if its domey than its gunna be more stable.

Teedevils......'shrug'

Wraiths..... same concept as the destroyer and boss but harder to notice. If you want more stable wraith get a domey 150g one.

Just picked out a Blizzard DD2 from the Innova Store. I would not mind if it flew just a tad bit better than my Blizzard Boss. I get more consistent max d with the Boss but I feel more comfortable throwing my Kings. The DD2 is supposed to be close to the Boss, slotting it between the Boss and King.

In heavier weights what you say is true in my opinion. The Boss for straight laser shots, the DD2 for long flex shots, and the King for long turnovers. The DD2 has been a better all around driver for me. It will hold a long hyzer line wihout flipping and it has enough stability to fight back nice from a turnover.

If the Blizz counterparts follow suit, its gonna be a sweet thing.

OK, so I turned the corner on the blizzard discs just before Am Nats and then used the heck out of a 137 blizzard destroyer. It pops up to flat perfect from a slight hyzer and never falls over NEVER, great 415-450 consistency. So... I decided to get 2 replacements and get a 132 and 134 this weekend. I threw the 132 on a hyzer and it litterally almost flipped over from hyzer 180 degrees onto its back. The flippiest thing I have ever seen the second one was exactly the same. Awful awful... I wouldnt even sell them. Has anyone seen the blizzard destroyers be so flippy? The few I have from a couple of months ago are overstable.

Mostly due to differences in PLH and dome the blizzards vary widely in stability. Compare PLH and dome to the one you like in order to find a similar disc. And yes, in weights that light I have had very floppy destroyers as well.

OK, so I turned the corner on the blizzard discs just before Am Nats and then used the heck out of a 137 blizzard destroyer. It pops up to flat perfect from a slight hyzer and never falls over NEVER, great 415-450 consistency. So... I decided to get 2 replacements and get a 132 and 134 this weekend. I threw the 132 on a hyzer and it litterally almost flipped over from hyzer 180 degrees onto its back. The flippiest thing I have ever seen the second one was exactly the same. Awful awful... I wouldnt even sell them. Has anyone seen the blizzard destroyers be so flippy? The few I have from a couple of months ago are overstable.

Well that stinks. That's the first I've heard of flippy Destroyers. So far that's the one blizz mold that seems to have retained its max weight stability even in the 130s discs. The rest have a lot of variation, especially in the first few batches.

Mentioned it to Innova and they are going to replace them for me. I had my girlfriends 6 y/o throwing back hand rollers with them, lol.

I've been throwing the TeeDevil,Boss and Ape.

The only one that is worth throwing is the Boss.I've tried to get the others to work,but it just won't happen.

I use the Boss when I need big distance now.It's very easy to control due to it's stability.Probably the best Blizzard disc and the only blizzard disc I will use from here on out.

The Ape isn't so good,No matter how low you try to throw it the disc will rise.If there was a way you could put this thing on a B-line and it held the line,this disc would fly farther than than the Boss.

The TeeDevil is just flippy,The only thing it's worth using for is rollers.I have my Star Roadrunner for that job.

So both the Ape and TeeDevil go in my crap box in the closet.

knocking on the blizz?

Innova facotry store is selling Blizzard Champion (sparkle) plastic in Boss, TeeDevil, Katana, and Wraith molds. Too bad their 150 class. :thmbdown: Unless you got kids or want to make some wall hangers.

If you throw 450, these will add at least 50 more ft.

not flippy in higher weights

I've been throwing the TeeDevil,Boss and Ape.

The only one that is worth throwing is the Boss.I've tried to get the others to work,but it just won't happen.

I use the Boss when I need big distance now.It's very easy to control due to it's stability.Probably the best Blizzard disc and the only blizzard disc I will use from here on out.

The Ape isn't so good,No matter how low you try to throw it the disc will rise.If there was a way you could put this thing on a B-line and it held the line,this disc would fly farther than than the Boss.

The TeeDevil is just flippy,The only thing it's worth using for is rollers.I have my Star Roadrunner for that job.

So both the Ape and TeeDevil go in my crap box in the closet.

Have you tried using a tee devil in a higher weight? 150-160? Not flippy.

Have you tried using a tee devil in a higher weight? 150-160? Not flippy.

I haven't tried it.

I'm really not sure I want to put any more money down on the Blizzard Plastics.Since my last post I was able to tweak the TeeDevil to do what it was supposed to do,but once these things hit the ground or you hit a tree a few times the disc starts to feel like sandpaper in your hands.It really messes with your grip.I should have known they wouldn't last long due to how they were made.They were fun while they lasted.

I'm actually in the process of making a half Gateway and half Innova bag.So Blizzard is no longer a purchase consideration anymore for me.

bliz is trash
bliz is a marketing success

bliz allowing people without proper technique to strong arm further than they used to

bliz will not hold up to significant abuse
bliz is crazy inconsistent

Bliz also allows some of us who throw far already to throw a little farther with similar results on a consistent basis.

Of course there is variation; the technology is new and time will smooth out processes as experience teaches. As a consumer the equation remains simple: if you don't like it, don't buy it and don't throw it.

Of course you may miss out. Played a tourney two Saturdays ago on what is being advertised as the longest tourney layout out there. There were a lot of people throwing Bliz. Some holes were "closer" to me than they were a year ago at the same place, and I don't believe I'm doing anything better mechanically than I was then. I do have some new tools that make a difference.

Thank you Bliz.

Played a tourney two Saturdays ago on what is being advertised as the longest tourney layout out there. There were a lot of people throwing Bliz. Some holes were "closer" to me than they were a year ago at the same place, and I don't believe I'm doing anything better mechanically than I was then. I do have some new tools that make a difference. Thank you Bliz.

Playing in that same tournament I could never reach hole 5 in the short right position, which is into a straight headwind, over a bowl, and uphill. I parked it for a 5ft deuce. That same hole 1st rd where it was in the upper left over the green, I threw a giant anhyzer s-turn, and put it 75ft past anyone on my card, thank you Blizzard Boss. It's so fun to throw a lighter disc: easier on the arm and great distance.

I was sick of seeing newer players throw 550ft so I finally got some blizzard bosses for myself. Have to say I am impressed overall. The flight is somewhat odd, but if you throw these right they fly forever on a straight/hyzer line. I found if I released on any kind of anhyzer theyd never come out of it, basically i had to hyzer flip them pretty hard. This results in a huge drive with a bit of turn that gets stable at the very end. Where I play there are many 600+ holes and it sure makes getting the 3 alot easier when you have a 100ft upshot instead of 200ft.