• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
Of course there is a compromise where the Am & Pro tournaments are separated with the Am tourney PDGA sanctioned and the Pro side HOTT (DGPT, etc) sanctioned.

Why involve the AM side at all. Why not have Pro only tournaments. Sanction them any way they please. Find sponsorship, galleries, TV rights.......

I'm in Canada. What are these states and how low is the membership?

In Southern Nationals area---primarily Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama---most events are non-PDGA, and most players are non-members.

In Southern Nationals area---primarily Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama---most events are non-PDGA, and most players are non-members.

It was very similar in New England for a long time. When I left a couple years ago, the PDGA presence was growing though.

If the tournaments aren't sanctioned, nobody will get PDGA memberships. If nobody has PDGA memberships, the tournaments won't sanction.

See the problem?

Now to break the cycle, what's more likely... 50+ people go out and proactively get PDGA memberships, or, a couple TDs sanction and create incentive?

The other issue with non-sanctioned events - a lot of pro "team" contracts are incentive laden for doing well in PDGA events. Usually rewards vary per tier, with C-Tiers usually not even qualifying. If some of that doesn't get reworked or honored by the sponsor, it could cost some of these guys bonus money if they do well in what was previously an A-tier/NT. I've signed those contracts with Legacy and Millennium, so if I were a touring pro it would be worth my time to play PDGA events for the rest of the contract until things get settled out between PDGA and the new tours.

The other issue with non-sanctioned events - a lot of pro "team" contracts are incentive laden for doing well in PDGA events. Usually rewards vary per tier, with C-Tiers usually not even qualifying. If some of that doesn't get reworked or honored by the sponsor, it could cost some of these guys bonus money if they do well in what was previously an A-tier/NT. I've signed those contracts with Legacy and Millennium, so if I were a touring pro it would be worth my time to play PDGA events for the rest of the contract until things get settled out between PDGA and the new tours.

I know some manufacturers treat the Southern Nationals Championships (sanctioned as a B-tier but contains A-tier cash) as an A-tier for bonus purposes.

I know some manufacturers treat the Southern Nationals Championships (sanctioned as a B-tier but contains A-tier cash) as an A-tier for bonus purposes.

Yeah I imagine some of the pros already get that recognized based on events popular in the region. Central Texas has a lot of guys in the 980-990s that are sponsored, so losing 6-7 HOTT PDGA events, and at least 3 of those are B-Tiers is significant if you were hoping to bring in a bonus check. But then again, its not like any of us routinely beat Brad for that check anyways...

Companies will redo contracts to account for the changes. Disc golf sponsors will want the DGPT exposure! This is a very positive thing.

Anti-social, racist, homophobic. This guy is like an anti-hero. He's like the Punisher of disc golf. Forget a suspension, I want an instant reinstatement with 24/7 cameras and mic'ed up when he plays. Who wants to watch McBeth and Wysocki fritter away Final 9's when you can have Disc Golf Fighter II: Hyper-Sensitive Bradley Williams Edition?

I agree, Mic that ****, I wanna see an explosion!

Companies will redo contracts to account for the changes. Disc golf sponsors will want the DGPT exposure! This is a very positive thing.

laughingsmiley.gif~c200

Only been hearing this from dodge for what 10 years now? Yay pie eating contests and ****!

laughingsmiley.gif~c200

Only been hearing this from dodge for what 10 years now? Yay pie eating contests and ****!

Did you enjoy all the PDGA coverage of the sanctioned event with all the best disc golfers today? PDGA took how many years to get where they are? Only took Dodge 10 years huh. I am OK with that progress.

I'm wondering how HOTT will handle this stuff since they are protesting PDGA. I have played a few non-sanctioned tournaments, although small, they have pretty much said follow pdga play as a guide. Since HOTT is larger and has bigger payouts they will have to make their own rules and really dot the i's.

They can just sanction them all as ADGT events. That's probably going to be the only option going forward since the PDGA ship is officially sinking.

:)|;))

And if behind the alias you are Crazy John Brooks or Greenwell, than I am sorry the show has come to an end for you. I really enjoyed Crazy Bingo, but that was my selfish desire to drink the brews.

They can just sanction them all as ADGT events. That's probably going to be the only option going forward since the PDGA ship is officially sinking.

:)|;))

In my experience with HOTT the ADGT is probably a better fit. Maybe I just caught them at a bad time but my HOTT experience was enough to make me not want to play any more of their events, which sucks since I live 10 minutes from Moody's now.

Did you play in this year's Am Worlds?

I ran it. It was the 5th biggest ever and widely regarded as a very well ran event. Perfect, no. What is?

No... Mark didn't play this year but I did. I've played the last 4 and while each has had it own issues, I take issue with the statement of "less fun"... you can't make that statement if you weren't there.

This year was quite fun actually. I'd rate the 4 I've attended as follows:
1. 2013 - Emporia
2. 2016 - Madison
3. 2015 - Kalamazoo
4. 2014 - St. Paul and I expect this one to keep falling as I play more. The only thing that was good about this one was the outstanding courses. The rest was meh....

Did you enjoy all the PDGA coverage of the sanctioned event with all the best disc golfers today? PDGA took how many years to get where they are? Only took Dodge 10 years huh. I am OK with that progress.

And Dodge started with the player base we had 1976? The interest level? Course numbers?

Your "progress" comparison is laughable.

Last edited:
As I expected. Thanks for the kind words Scotty.

No... Mark didn't play this year but I did. I've played the last 4 and while each has had it own issues, I take issue with the statement of "less fun"... you can't make that statement if you weren't there.

This year was quite fun actually. I'd rate the 4 I've attended as follows:
1. 2013 - Emporia
2. 2016 - Madison
3. 2015 - Kalamazoo
4. 2014 - St. Paul and I expect this one to keep falling as I play more. The only thing that was good about this one was the outstanding courses. The rest was meh....

The time does not really matter to me at all. Just refreshing that the DGPT marketing director doesn't go all racist on african american children in the pool with his elitist buddies.

The time does not really matter to me at all.
But yet you typed it.

Just refreshing that the DGPT marketing director doesn't go all racist on african american children in the pool with his elitist buddies.
Dredging up old stories that the media twisted into a race issue? Classy.

It was an overcrowding issue that the media spun into a race issue because of the racial makeup of the camps that were asked to leave. Fact.

Latest posts