• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
Oh good, than you realize what you wrote was horse pucky. For trying to do something for under privileged youths, the PDGA marketing director who allowed poor kids into the pool at the private facility was labeled by a bunch of jerks. The membership of the facility didn't like his generosity and told him to get rid of the kids he was helping. If I recall, he stood his ground. The miscreants, some of whom belonged to the PDGA, that tried to make him look racist, were donkey holes.

So you admit that upon scrutiny and Dr. D. clearly being linked to a racist white elitist organization, that he then marketed the situation through "poor" African American children. Tell me more Lyle!

So you admit that upon scrutiny and Dr. D. clearly being linked to a racist white elitist organization, that he then marketed the situation through "poor" African American children. Tell me more Lyle!

He offered pool access to a bunch of kids.
Too many kids showed up and were subsequently asked to leave.
ONLY THEN did the media spin it into a race issue.

Man are you thick.

He offered pool access to a bunch of kids.
Too many kids showed up and were subsequently asked to leave.
ONLY THEN did the media spin it into a race issue.

I'd say it was when he chose to use the word "complexion".

"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion … and the atmosphere of the club," John Duesler, President of The Valley Swim Club said in a statement.

Did you play in this year's Am Worlds?

I ran it. It was the 5th biggest ever and widely regarded as a very well ran event. Perfect, no. What is?

Perhaps the less fun part was unfair. An event with 1000 players if done well can be more fun. World's is a home coming more than any of the other major am events. It is also a family event where Fathers and mother's caddy for their children while their spouses play in other divisions. To reduce the scale of protected divisions, reduces the family environment that I have witnessed over a number of world championships. It might be the 5th largest ever but it was 220 players less ( all coming from minority divisions Womens, Masters, and Juniors) So if you take out 4 pools of advanced, age protected divisions lost 38%! Seriously, enough with the 5th largest ever. 2015 - ~464 age protected and women, 2016 ~288. Why arent we growing masters, juniors and women?

The scale and organization of registration was dictated by PDGA, not Madison and I'm fairly confident that Madison performed exceptionally within the guardrails that they were provided by either the PDGA or availability of courses. The thought given to registration and fairness of it appeared to be a fiasco and the knee jerk reaction to change qualification standards mid season was poor form by the PDGA for sure.

Why can't we question whether the punishments are appropriate? The DC is made up of people who make decisions. They're not perfect and it seems possible that they may be out of step with the players. Or not. I don't know. But why can't we question it?

The PDGA certainly seems out of step with all the players who were there on the card and several other of the best pros.

I think these questions have to be asked as the sport grows. Right now, it appears that the PDGA has a level of discipline for such infractions as drinking beer and kicking baskets that far exceeds the discipline given in larger, more established sports for much worse infractions.

I think the question of whether the DC is exceeding itself is a worthwhile question.

I'll restate my opinion - I think Williams sounds like a repeat offender, a real dick, who deserves some form of discipline. YET I think his punishments are excessive. His peers seem to agree on that as well.

You can. But presumably the opportunity to appeal the previous ones have come and gone and he may have actually appealed and this was the outcome. Once they've been appealed, yes, you can continue to question them... but if they were not questioned originally then that's on you/BW

No... Mark didn't play this year but I did. I've played the last 4 and while each has had it own issues, I take issue with the statement of "less fun"... you can't make that statement if you weren't there.

This year was quite fun actually. I'd rate the 4 I've attended as follows:
1. 2013 - Emporia
2. 2016 - Madison
3. 2015 - Kalamazoo
4. 2014 - St. Paul and I expect this one to keep falling as I play more. The only thing that was good about this one was the outstanding courses. The rest was meh....

As I expected. Thanks for the kind words Scotty.

Ditto ... and I played in Charlotte -- I'd still keep that order with NC being in a close tie for 3rd

No... Mark didn't play this year but I did. I've played the last 4 and while each has had it own issues, I take issue with the statement of "less fun"... you can't make that statement if you weren't there.

This year was quite fun actually. I'd rate the 4 I've attended as follows:
1. 2013 - Emporia
2. 2016 - Madison
3. 2015 - Kalamazoo
4. 2014 - St. Paul and I expect this one to keep falling as I play more. The only thing that was good about this one was the outstanding courses. The rest was meh....

Scott is correct. My poor choice of words is my fault. I've never meant to down play the actual event which was by all accounts very well received. The scale of the event was surprising to most and the change to 2017 late in the year is equally as frustrating. I know plenty of Juniors and Women that played in 2015 that felt blindsided that they wouldnt have the chance because of reduced fields to play in 2016.

Glide (your PM is full):
Sorry for my poor writing skills. Any community with the balls to put on a Worlds is to be commended. I have issue with the PDGA's direction and late decision making. Please jump at any opportunity to call me out if my comments degrade the actual performance of the event in any way.

Last edited:
I'd say it was when he chose to use the word "complexion".

Correct. The problem the critics (me) had with it was the obvious PR ineptitude of the guy in charge of PR for the PDGA. On the other hand I support the PDGA in the current mishmash of shenanigans.

When we have active disc golfers openly ****ting on people trying to change the sport it leaves a pretty sour taste. So as long as you keep talking big, I'll keep replying. Because I expect better out of myself. Ever optimistic.

You have really seemed to jump the shark here, zj. The whole entitled routine is kind of silly, IMO. I don't think the PDGA shat on anyone. Did they give the DGPT free reign in the Pro realm.....no. Did they bend over backwards to give the DGPT everything they demanded.....no. The better discussion is, should they have. Of course not. If you believe that, then Salient should have been give the same carte blanche ticket. I think most here have been pretty reasonable in their opinions, there is room for both. I would hate to see the PDGA bail on the well established NT. While I am one who has seen plenty of flaws in that tour, it can not be described as a failure in any terms. I think the prevailing opinion is Dodge has a good idea, continue to explore, develop and promote the idea. The PDGA should be doing what it can to allow him to do so.

I'm a PDGA member. I'm on this site regularly. I have no idea what events are DGPT. I consider myself significantly more informed than your average disc golfer (not one disc chucker, but average disc golfer who plays weekly doubles and a few sanctioned events). DGPT still has a long way to go before most anyone even notices that they are a thing.

I'm totally fine with the NT dying a natural death and the DGPT taking over as the primary tour for the top pros.

But we still have a lot of locals who play pro who are never going to follow the PT around the country. We still want to hold high quality A-tier events with large payouts. We still want to have a local points series based around PDGA events. Even if the PDGA drops the NT and the top 20-30 pros all follow the PT, there will still be a lot of pros looking for other PDGA events every weekend.

For dedicated PDGA-Bashers, anything is relevant. And no issue ever goes away.

Does anyone see that the DGPT is going to be catering to very few people? really? At most a couple hundred, maybe three?

You have really seemed to jump the shark here, zj. The whole entitled routine is kind of silly, IMO. I don't think the PDGA shat on anyone. Did they give the DGPT free reign in the Pro realm.....no. Did they bend over backwards to give the DGPT everything they demanded.....no. The better discussion is, should they have. Of course not. If you believe that, then Salient should have been give the same carte blanche ticket. I think most here have been pretty reasonable in their opinions, there is room for both. I would hate to see the PDGA bail on the well established NT. While I am one who has seen plenty of flaws in that tour, it can not be described as a failure in any terms. I think the prevailing opinion is Dodge has a good idea, continue to explore, develop and promote the idea. The PDGA should be doing what it can to allow him to do so.

I am talking about AIM who is just here to troll. Not be thoughtful in his discussions.

None of that had anyting to do with the PDGA/DGPT. Agree withe everything you said though.

Last edited:

Perhaps he can clarify, but I read ZJ's post as a criticism of Aim...not the PDGA.

Please stop trying to re-write history to serve you as needed Lyle. Click on the history tab. I am wearing my 2007 MSDGC shirt today to reinforce reality. How often do you do this and actually get people to just blindly agree with you? Enough already.
http://www.maplehillopen.com/2007-msdgc.html

You continue to remain off topic, only providing abstract accusations, based on conjecture. You are not even stating an opinion. Perhaps a venue like facebook would be more appropriate for attention seeking stuff like this? You can clearly see a reasonably serious discussion here.....why the attempts to utterly derail it.....TWICE?

I am talking about AIM who is just here to troll. Not be thoughtful in his discussions.

None of that had anyting to do with the PDGA/DGPT. Agree withe everything you said though.

Lol keep it up. I am fan of disc golf not a handful of entitled wannabes.

99% of players i know could give a **** less about dgpt.

Last edited:
Does anyone see that the DGPT is going to be catering to very few people? really? At most a couple hundred, maybe three?

Every pro tour or league for every sport caters to a small percentage of the population.

If Bratly's conduct is as unbecoming as the stories insist, then ban him from the event next year and call it good /thread. The ban seems a little excessive considering tds and or the pdga barely gives a crap about a lot of other stuff that goes on at other sanctioned events.

Latest posts