• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams Suspended

Given what we know, was the PDGA suspension of Bradley Williams correct?

• Yes, and the amount of time was correct.

Votes: 122 51.5%
  • Yes, but the amount of time was not correct.

Votes: 69 29.1%
  • No, the process was flawed.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • No, Bradley Williams should not have been suspended at all.

Votes: 16 6.8%

• Total voters
Proof you are just here to stir it up a little? :hfive::D

It is the reality of the situation.

I mean we cant even get over a few 1k live viewers of an event at any given time. This Bradley Williams bs has been the biggest talker yet.

Last edited:
I'm a PDGA member. I'm on this site regularly. I have no idea what events are DGPT. I consider myself significantly more informed than your average disc golfer (not one disc chucker, but average disc golfer who plays weekly doubles and a few sanctioned events). DGPT still has a long way to go before most anyone even notices that they are a thing.

If you don't know about DGPT stuff, then your aren't following as close as you say you are. You are indeed an average chucker if you can't follow what's going on. It's very easy.

It is the reality of the situation.

I mean we cant even get over a few 1k live viewers of an event at any given time. This Bradley Williams bs has been the biggest talker yet.

You(and all of us) can help improve that can you not? We could do our part and share the video link on social media/email/text. Positive and productive thinking!

You(and all of us) can help improve that can you not? We could do our part and share the video link on social media/email/text. Positive and productive thinking!

Agreed. Ive tried many times. In general there is not much support or enthusiasm from disc golfers in live broadcasts or disc golf related shows. I posted the smashboxx podcast link for a long time but became work. A lot of things in disc golf would improve with people working together vs against eachother. Competition is great but you have to be able to succeed b/c of it not try and scrape by.

Is this helping grow the sport, or helping Steve Dodge make money? The link to the feed was shared here yesterday and on Facebook (I assume, I don't play Facebook). The DGPT is a great idea for a few touring pros. I have no real suggestions how to entice any other disc golfers into supporting it, and have even fewer suggestions on how to make anyone outside of the game care.

Interesting that I saw a hour special on ESPN2 last night on drone racing.

If you don't know about DGPT stuff, then your aren't following as close as you say you are. You are indeed an average chucker if you can't follow what's going on. It's very easy.

You know what's even easier? Not giving a flying funk about yet another alphabet soup tour.

Prior to this recent fiasco, I'd wager a ham sandwich that a majority of serious disc golfers would have said "say what now?" when asked about DGPT.

Oh good, than you realize what you wrote was horse pucky. For trying to do something for under privileged youths, the PDGA marketing director who allowed poor kids into the pool at the private facility was labeled by a bunch of jerks. The membership of the facility didn't like his generosity and told him to get rid of the kids he was helping. If I recall, he stood his ground. The miscreants, some of whom belonged to the PDGA, that tried to make him look racist, were donkey holes.

He offered pool access to a bunch of kids.
Too many kids showed up and were subsequently asked to leave.
ONLY THEN did the media spin it into a race issue.

Man are you thick.

Captain you're leaving out lots and lots of details, and the 1.46 million dollar civil rights settlement paid by Duesler's club ought to make you realize that the media spin you claim might have about 1.46 million dollars worth of substance.

So sorry for being off topic but someone has to call out your BS. Now Captain, please join Lyle in the donkey hole safe place he is now hiding in.

... I posted the smashboxx podcast link for a long time but became work. ...

Workers who are not paid do not continue to work forever. That is the reason we should be supportive of anyone who is trying to make money in disc golf. They will be the only ones who will continue to work toward making disc golf better.

They can't be successful unless they give players, viewers, sponsors, volunteers, course owners, and the ruling body a fair deal.

So, to anyone who is trying to get rich (or eke out a living) from disc golf: Go for it.

Captain you're leaving out lots and lots of details, and the 1.46 million dollar civil rights settlement paid by Duesler's club ought to make you realize that the media spin you claim might have about 1.46 million dollars worth of substance.

So sorry for being off topic but someone has to call out your BS. Now Captain, please join Lyle in the donkey hole safe place he is now hiding in.

Thank you but my opinion differs from yours. I really try to make the effort not to see the world thru colored glasses. Maybe a little too much in this instance. So be it. :|

You know what's even easier? Not giving a flying funk about yet another alphabet soup tour.

Prior to this recent fiasco, I'd wager a ham sandwich that a majority of serious disc golfers would have said "say what now?" when asked about DGPT.

Maybe I'm just a 1%er... I open up EVERY SINGLE results page every Monday. I read 80% of the threads here on DGCR, I watch SmashboxxTV and other productions regularly, I read all related blogs, and I played 36 tournaments as an Amateur last year on top of regular league play.

So yeah... I'm ate up with this **** I guess, so I have a pretty good pulse on almost everything going on.

#HopelesslyAddicted

He offered pool access to a bunch of kids.
Too many kids showed up and were subsequently asked to leave.
ONLY THEN did the media spin it into a race issue.

Man are you thick.

Not commenting on this as right or wrong, but....

As a former Event Manager, you find out how many kids are going to show up and you compare that to the pool's capacity. If they don't match up, you have an issue. That should have been done beforehand. Also maybe ask the club first.

And then there's also the issue of the lawsuit that they lost.

Maybe I'm just a 1%er... I open up EVERY SINGLE results page every Monday. I read 80% of the threads here on DGCR, I watch SmashboxxTV and other productions regularly, I read all related blogs, and I played 36 tournaments as an Amateur last year on top of regular league play.

So yeah... I'm ate up with this **** I guess, so I have a pretty good pulse on almost everything going on.

#HopelesslyAddicted

get a job!

Ah yes, those TDs of tournaments in the inner city ghettos where the game is played through alleys and your basket is an old garbage can. Yeah, I can understand why those imaginary TDs wouldn't sanction. Meanwhile, back in the real world, the rest of us can continue to spread awareness of what the PDGA provides and encourage them to join, rather than play down to the lowest common denominator.

Maybe the city where you live has fallen on hard times, but I've never played a tournament where non-PDGA members were the majority, sanctioned or unsanctioned.

That's, frankly, a pretty dismissive statement. You're clearly out of touch with the more casual groups. The majority of our members are not PDGA. They're just really casual players that go to our minis, and play out tournaments, but don't do many other events. They occasionally play an ace race or trilogy challenge, but they really don't do a lot of organized events.

We're running our first c tier in a few weeks, and we have a lot less signed up than what we've had at this point in our other tournaments. A lot are not signing up because of the non PDGA fee. And since we're not known in the area, we're really not drawing in many other players from the area. DD scheduled a tournament an hour away on the same day a bit after we got everything finalized, so that's likely part of it as well.
But if we don't get much local support from the group, we may not run another sanctioned event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts