• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Can someone define "fanboy" for me? I don't think I'm a Brodie fanboy... but that damn Ezra dude has my eyes glued to his channel, his content is legit and on point. I can't wait to find out who he gets sponsored from. I'm still wondering why my wife is all of a sudden interested in disc golf. :confused: lol...

Somewhere well short of the above obsession?? :p

Can someone define "fanboy" for me? I don't think I'm a Brodie fanboy... but that damn Ezra dude has my eyes glued to his channel, his content is legit and on point. I can't wait to find out who he gets sponsored from. I'm still wondering why my wife is all of a sudden interested in disc golf. :confused: lol...

These dorks are spoiled, I remember the days prior to social media when we had zero discgolf content outside of a blurry VHS tape of Billy Crump commentating over 180 FPS footage, so I can really enjoy and appreciate all of this awesome content.

I kinda feel bad for them actually, they aren't enjoying it nowehere near as much as I am that's for sure. Shame really.

These dorks are spoiled, I remember the days prior to social media when we had zero discgolf content outside of a blurry VHS tape of Billy Crump commentating over 180 FPS footage, so I can really enjoy and appreciate all of this awesome content.

I kinda feel bad for them actually, they aren't enjoying it nowehere near as much as I am that's for sure. Shame really.

That's 100% right for me. Enjoy *watching* all you want, like the old days you mentioned I'll *play* the game to get my pleasure out of it. :thmbup:

Back in the old days we were friends with the top players, not fans of theirs. :)

The more I see of him, he does kind of seem like a douchey frat guy. Maybe he is just shooting for a niche in disc golf lol, however, I would rather see people like Lizotte, Eagle, Mcbeth, and most of the others who are not only top-notch players, but seem like genuinely nice humble people.

I think it's a plan to get more engagement either positive or negative. I mean it's the off season so their isn't much to do or talk about.

I'm guessing his contract with DC is not salary based so any attention is good attention when it comes to viral merchandising of his brand/products.

Cheering on a disc to roll through a playground?! :wall:
I mean, it's better than a disc flying through the playground since rollers are a lot less likely to maim. :\
I believe the foundation guys flew from virginia to be with brodie in texas :doh:
The run a business together so yeah, they're going to interact with each other. How is this any worse than a pro disc golf tour?

I mean, it's better than a disc flying through the playground since rollers are a lot less likely to maim. :\

The run a business together so yeah, they're going to interact with each other. How is this any worse than a pro disc golf tour?

You can run a business with other people remotely and the pro tour was taking precautions which are not seen on any of Brodie's videos.

Any disc making it's way through a playground could be grounds for getting a local course removed.

"My little Billy was almost hit by a disc, we need to remove all courses in our city that are close to playground equipment."

You can run a business with other people remotely and the pro tour was taking precautions which are not seen on any of Brodie's videos.

Any disc making it's way through a playground could be grounds for getting a local course removed.

"My little Billy was almost hit by a disc, we need to remove all courses in our city that are close to playground equipment."

:rolleyes:

as somebody who has brought some haterade to this thread, props to brodie for this:
Ept332jXYAYv7f1

solid insight, solid avatar

as somebody who has brought some haterade to this thread, props to brodie for this:
Ept332jXYAYv7f1

solid insight, solid avatar

Well people like you and the rest of the covid boot lickers helped kill my grandmother so you'll have to forgive me if I don't feel like having infinity bad faith arguments with y'all anymore.

I sub and no longer watch/follow. Had no idea about any of this St. Jude Charity stuff he was doing. Brodie had an interesting narrative: trying to get to 1000 rated in a year. I had fun following it until it became fait accompli. I feel like it told me a lot about the sort of progression we can expect to see as more of the mainstream ulty stars age out and decide to try to transition to DG. I know he isn't the first, nor is he to the first to do it quickly, but he's the first to do it in such an easy to digest way. But now that he's kinda at the stage of small improvements - there's nothing interesting to me left to follow.

https://twitter.com/Brodiesmith21/status/1343729239699443712
"Sorry guys. I love disc golf and want to be the best. Unfortunately trying to do YouTube and this at the same time won't work. I'll still post videos, but as you can see by my lack of Vlogmas. I'm focusing on winning and not so much in YouTube views."

With 2.2m subs and only getting 40-80k views per video every 2 weeks, I'm guessing he is not happy. Not sure I buy the "wanting to be the best" comment, but just in case, does anyone think he can improve his rating by 30-50 points in year 2 and actually become an elite player?

Latest posts