• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I don't disagree. And I'm in no way defending Brodie.

...but if we have to give over 300 feet margin per error on a disc golf course, I think the sport just ended.

I understand what you're saying. However, that playground was clearly reachable. Because he reached it! Sure, disc was rolling, probably not much speed left, blah blah. Betcha it woulda left a mark on my 1 year old running around over there.

If you have even a prayer of reaching people, you've got no business throwing!

I understand what you're saying. However, that playground was clearly reachable. Because he reached it! Sure, disc was rolling, probably not much speed left, blah blah. Betcha it woulda left a mark on my 1 year old running around over there.

I thought this was always a rule that can not be broken.

I guess unless you're Brodie.

I thought this was always a rule that can not be broken.

I guess unless you're Brodie.

Brodie's already proven that rules don't apply to him. Look at his complete disregard of this thing in our life called Covid....

The last few weeks have really soured me on Brodie. I kind of liked him at first. Now, I just see a loud mouthed whiny idiot.

Brodie's already proven that rules don't apply to him. Look at his complete disregard of this thing in our life called Covid....

The last few weeks have really soured me on Brodie. I kind of liked him at first. Now, I just see a loud mouthed whiny idiot.

And you know what will be said:

"Why the hate on Brodie".

:doh:

Not directly related to that, back in the summer, I was out playing and was a hole behind a couple with the stroller. They get to a wooded hole that really isn't stroller friend. So the woman takes the stroller to about 70 feet to the right of the hole, man goes and throws. Then they swap. Woman then turns over the shot and skips one off the top of the stroller.

I was absolutely blown away.

SMH.

Mistake #1 Throwing toward a path or playground. I mean, go to the playground and throw away from it.
Mistake #2 After ALREADY throwing into the playground, throwing ANOTHER into it.
Mistake #3 Laughing.
Mistake #4 Filming and posting it.

Much like the stupidity of the COVID disregard, it just leaves a mark on the game. For fanboys to take umbrage at the disappointment, is hypocritical. If Brodie can be, or is, the face of our game, via social media, and this is the point of many of supporters, why give the game a black eye. ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION. All it take is some NIMBY, to bust this out at a city council meeting, to throw a wrench in an effort to keep or put in a park.

If DGN, Jomez, Discraft, Innova....want social media to be a driving force in taking the game to the "big time", acknowledgement of responsibility, has to come with it. I think this is what happens when a social media influencer becomes the face of your game, instead of a disc golfer.

For the second time, I am very saddened. Just think, man.

Covid disregard....... being outside with people that you are constantly around... oh no.... being inside with people you are constantly around... oh no....

Judge judge judge judge judge judge judge .. .. lots of judging and self righteousness here..

I don't own any Brodie discs. Sometimes I watch the channel... glad I'm not so superior feeling anyway.

Covid disregard....... being outside with people that you are constantly around... oh no.... being inside with people you are constantly around... oh no....

Judge judge judge judge judge judge judge .. .. lots of judging and self righteousness here..

I don't own any Brodie discs. Sometimes I watch the channel... glad I'm not so superior feeling anyway.

I'm not judging, but I doubt he lives with all those people. Maybe I'm wrong :|

Cheering on a disc to roll through a playground?! :wall:

Come on, man. I don't think it is really riding a high horse to condemn those who are acting like jackwagons. High fiving, hugging, dismissing social distancing, failing to wears a mask and doing so with those outside your household, are high risk COVID activities. They place a multitude of others, outside of themselves, at risk of illness or death. Maybe your crush on Brodie justifies the freedom, to care nothing about the lives of others, but I shall denounce your decision making as well. This is not rocket science. There are over 300,000 dead in this country, primarily from behavior that I chastised in these videos. Sounds to me like a lot more judging could be done, and maybe a lot less apathy would thrive.

I find it abhorrent that anyone allows ignorance to place others at risk, and even more outrage at the concept of defending such heinous action in a public forum. SMFH

At the very least, even if you want to say science is a hoax, this is the exact behavior that caused the closure of many courses in the Metro Detroit area, only a few months ago.

I also decry drunk driving as well. Maybe we should make a post calling me judgmental for that, as well.

Come on, man. I don't think it is really riding a high horse to condemn those who are acting like jackwagons. High fiving, hugging, dismissing social distancing, failing to wears a mask and doing so with those outside your household, are high risk COVID activities. They place a multitude of others, outside of themselves, at risk of illness or death. Maybe your crush on Brodie justifies the freedom, to care nothing about the lives of others, but I shall denounce your decision making as well. This is not rocket science. There are over 300,000 dead in this country, primarily from behavior that I chastised in these videos. Sounds to me like a lot more judging could be done, and maybe a lot less apathy would thrive.

I find it abhorrent that anyone allows ignorance to place others at risk, and even more outrage at the concept of defending such heinous action in a public forum. SMFH

At the very least, even if you want to say science is a hoax, this is the exact behavior that caused the closure of many courses in the Metro Detroit area, only a few months ago.

I also decry drunk driving as well. Maybe we should make a post calling me judgmental for that, as well.

You and a few others seem to condemn ad nauseum, RU. Mad respect for your profession and I'm generally in complete agreement with your sentiments regarding covid but after a couple thousand posts saying the same thing, it loses effect. That's why I checked out on the covid thread a long time ago. If it's therapeutic for you to continually post about covid on a DG website, then carry on by all means.

Side note - I almost became one of those people that got into a fight over masks, at Walmart no less, when a maskless redneck and his maskless teenage kids walked by me and one coughed in my direction. I walked away after we exchanged pleasantries.

I can understand getting tired of reading all the b1tchin on here. I'm sure I over do it at times.

I understand better getting tired of having to say the same thing over and over and over while people are dying.

I would love nothing better than to be able to tell RU he's over reacting. Really I would.

I believe the foundation guys flew from virginia to be with brodie in texas :doh:

And a lot of fanboys vicariously living their lives through a loud-mouth

Can someone define "fanboy" for me? I don't think I'm a Brodie fanboy... but that damn Ezra dude has my eyes glued to his channel, his content is legit and on point. I can't wait to find out who he gets sponsored from. I'm still wondering why my wife is all of a sudden interested in disc golf. :confused: lol...