• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I'll be interested to see what he says a few days after the event. Tournament golf is tough because it's usually at a lot slower pace than what most of us are playing on our own. Very easy to lose your rhythm or simply just never find it. Also gives you a lot of time to think about any mistakes you just made.

Just goes to show how good these guys and gals actually are to be able to put hot rounds together when flow isn't ideal. Brodie likes to make comparisons to ball golf, I'm curious to see what he says after he mellows out a bit.

I think with time he will learn a way to stay in a rythem during the waits between holes. I've seen a lot of players listen to music, joke around with their cardmates, wipe off their discs or I've seen some carry a stress ball just to squeeze.

He spent all spring playing Dallas pitch and putts, this should come as no surprise.

He spent all spring playing Dallas pitch and putts, this should come as no surprise.

He talked about that during the podcast last week. He said he's gonna start driving out to the harder longer courses instead of just settling for the short easy ones closer to where he lives.

Idlewild and Northwood will eat you alive if you're not used to courses like that. Or even if you are lol.

You can tell which holes he's struggling with also. Its the ones where not only do you have to hit a gap but need to have the proper speed. Same holes he struggled with at Idle. There are just more of those type at Northwood. Idle has some holes where you just need to hit a small gap and once it goes thru, speed isn't as much of an issue. Hole 14 for example, which he birdied 2 of 3 rds. But holes like 7, 17 and 18 where you need to control the speed, he struggled with. Then you also have the low ceiling park style holes at Northwood and he sometimes has trouble with nose up angle.

He talked about that during the podcast last week. He said he's gonna start driving out to the harder longer courses instead of just settling for the short easy ones closer to where he lives.

He'd have to drive a long way - no courses like these in DFW. Maybe a hole or two here or there - Z Boaz and Munson Park come to mind with a few similarly designed holes - but that's driving an hour each direction to get practice on two holes.
There are hit-a-gap holes and long holes, but the tree cover here just isn't the same. The most frequent 'challenges' are distance and wind, and substantial elevation changes are few and far between.

Lots of great ball golfers from Texas, but the layouts here don't seem to produce too many pro discers.

He'd have to drive a long way - no courses like these in DFW. Maybe a hole or two here or there - Z Boaz and Munson Park come to mind with a few similarly designed holes - but that's driving an hour each direction to get practice on two holes.
There are hit-a-gap holes and long holes, but the tree cover here just isn't the same. The most frequent 'challenges' are distance and wind, and substantial elevation changes are few and far between.

Lots of great ball golfers from Texas, but the layouts here don't seem to produce too many pro discers.
Yes, I think he mentioned having to drive 45min or something out to a course.

974 today. Doesn't look like a lot of wind tomorrow for Eureka but it could rain. I'm guessing he's going to have a good round and shoot 1000+