• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Brodie beat Arlinghaus, and Barsby, that's pretty good for a guy new to disc golf and tournament play,

can we get brodie et al's current placements at ledgestone?

Brodie was never expected to do well, but he's had some good rounds. Is he shredding the courses at Ledgestone? Hardly.

But what he has done, is beat a world champion in a PDGA sanctioned event. And I might add, he's done it in the modern (Paul McBeth) era, where supposedly there's much more competition than in the Ken Climo era.

How many world champions have you beaten in a PDGA sanctioned event? (Asking for a friend).

Brodie was never expected to do well, but he's had some good rounds. Is he shredding the courses at Ledgestone? Hardly.

But what he has done, is beat a world champion in a PDGA sanctioned event. And I might add, he's done it in the modern (Paul McBeth) era, where supposedly there's much more competition than in the Ken Climo era.

How many world champions have you beaten in a PDGA sanctioned event? (Asking for a friend).

Yeah, that would make me feel really proud.
Hey look! I beat a guy that had the worst round or tournament of the year! I'm great! Lets all get freaky!:doh:

Yeah, that would make me feel really proud.
Hey look! I beat a guy that had the worst round or tournament of the year! I'm great! Lets all get freaky!:doh:

That probably would make you feel proud beating a world champion, but since you never have, I guess you'll never know.

I'm a troll because unlike you I don't have a problem with Brodie,
and I think he deserves a little recognition for playing better than people expected, and beating a world champ? Lulz

People expect a certain level of play from top level players, especially from world champions. So go ahead and make excuses for someone new to disc golf, beating a world champion (who's been playing and touring for YEARS).

BTW, you still haven't told us how many world champions you've beaten in a PDGA sanctioned event. Yet you seem eager to trivialize someone else for this very accomplishment, simply because you dislike him.

Decent round by Brodie today. -1 Limited the OBs much better than yesterday and managed to salvage a par on 18 after going OB on his approach with a circle 2 putt. Should be somewhere around 1010 if the ratings from yesterday hold true today.

With a week of practice and then a week at Smugs, it will be interesting to see how he rebounds from what I'm sure he sees as a very disappointing result at Ledgestone...

Decent round by Brodie today. -1 Limited the OBs much better than yesterday and managed to salvage a par on 18 after going OB on his approach with a circle 2 putt. Should be somewhere around 1010 if the ratings from yesterday hold true today.

With a week of practice and then a week at Smugs, it will be interesting to see how he rebounds from what I'm sure he sees as a very disappointing result at Ledgestone...

https://twitter.com/brodiesmith21/status/1295165149117132803?s=21
Or he is just going to drop out of every tournament the rest of the year.

https://twitter.com/brodiesmith21/status/1295165149117132803?s=21
Or he is just going to drop out of every tournament the rest of the year.

Yea that kinda sucks but if he really is going to do this...

55m
True, but getting in the field and getting reps will increase my skill faster.

...then I can see why. He's coming out of a few years of trying to get good at stick golf and like DG, you don't really get better in that by practice rounds and going to big tourneys and getting your butt kicked. You get better by going to the driving range and hitting a thousand balls a day.

So if he really is going back home to put in tons of hours of field work and comes out next year better for it, then so be it.

Last edited:
I'd enjoy hearing him talk for a few minutes on what exactly it is he thinks he needs to do. Self awareness of your weaknesses is an important skill.

Yea that kinda sucks but if he really is going to do this...

...then I can see why. He's coming out of a few years of trying to get good at stick golf and like DG, you don't really get better in that by practice rounds and going to big tourneys and getting your butt kicked. You get better by going to the driving range and hitting a thousand balls a day.

So if he really is going back home to put in tons of hours of field work and comes out next year better for it, then so be it.

I'll be curious to see how this all shakes out. Seems to me part of his problem in rounds 1 and 2 were the long wait times. Not sure how he'll get better at dealing with those without practice but I'll just have to wait and see.

Definitely comes off as super salty tho lol

Latest posts