• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Proctor is no joke on the course. He's pretty focused on other things but if he dropped everything and only played disc, he would be very well known.

Yep. Used to see him on a good bit of coverage... CCDG I think. He definitely has skills!!!

Not me. Most haven't thought this thru. If you don't make money off disc why would ya wanna grow it?

Disc golf brings a whole host of positive changes for people in your community, and that in turn brings a positive impact to those around you and does impact you and your loved one's life as well as the future generation. You don't drive the school bus, police the neighborhood, pick up the trash, put out the fires, drive the ambulance, work at the daycare, and nurse sick people. You rely on other people to do that. Things that help other people in a positive way do impact you. Altruism is what got us here, above the other primates, in the first place.

Proctor is no joke on the course. He's pretty focused on other things but if he dropped everything and only played disc, he would be very well known.

I don't doubt that for a second. He's big and strong as a mofo and throws a mile. I take it he's got a pretty good day job and doesn't want to be poor on the road huh? I don't blame him. What does he do for a living?

Like what?

Join a local club and find out. I am sure your area club impacts you and most of the disc golf community in your area.

Clean courses
New courses
Maintain courses
Improve existing courses
Run tournaments
Run leagues
Provide a social outlet, "in these challenging times"
Act as a liaison and representative to your local parks departments
Donate to charity
Provide opportunity for competition, for both experience and beginning players
Police parks. There are a lot of examples of course going into bad parks with lots of problems and helping to detour nefarious activity, simply by an increase in use of the park.
Revenue for park systems that is often plied to other areas of the park, for more than just the disc golf community.

Honestly, I could probably go on for a while.

1024 and 1004 to finish the event in 4th place...

Looks like Proctor and Rico were having quite a battle until James had a triple on the last hole.

Join a local club and find out. I am sure your area club impacts you and most of the disc golf community in your area.

Clean courses
New courses
Maintain courses
Improve existing courses
Run tournaments
Run leagues
Provide a social outlet, "in these challenging times"
Act as a liaison and representative to your local parks departments
Donate to charity
Provide opportunity for competition, for both experience and beginning players
Police parks. There are a lot of examples of course going into bad parks with lots of problems and helping to detour nefarious activity, simply by an increase in use of the park.
Revenue for park systems that is often plied to other areas of the park, for more than just the disc golf community.

Honestly, I could probably go on for a while.

My bad, when you said "Disc golf brings a whole host of positive changes for people in your community" I thought you meant the community at large, not just the disc golf community.

If Brodie can cause more courses to be built I'd count that as a win.

My bad, when you said "Disc golf brings a whole host of positive changes for people in your community" I thought you meant the community at large, not just the disc golf community.

The disc golf community is part of the community at large and I think most of the list provided gives back to more than just the disc golf community.

Providing for recreational coping mechanism, for individuals and families, is a positive social endeavor.

Did you read his whole post or just skim over it? He gave numerous examples of how it can benefit the whole community.

So, my stock run Brodie Zone arrived today.

This particular one is very puddle topped. My other Zones are all pretty much just flat. I'll be curious to see how this thing throws.

Anyone know how a puddle top Zone compares to the usual flat ones?

b9439df7af1e503165dd93d0d2f75c26.jpg

fe3f9e9eeb39bad65e698fd86951906c.jpg

My puddle tops have just been Zones with less glide. They sort of get sucked out of the air. Probably just a hair more stable overall than a flat top.

I'd be a fan of the Brodster if every other tweet from him wasn't bitching about either how he played or something to do with disc golf...He's pretty whiney.

Definitely comes across a bit whiney. His Twitter rants aren't going to get anything changed anytime soon. His Twitter account seems to be alot more personal, where as his Youtube channel is more general friendly.

You don't ask to play through when a large group is ahead of you? Especially if you're playing solo? :confused:

I guess I have a question on that...

Say you walk up to the tee of a 442 foot par 3. You see 9 players in the fairway from 150 to 250 feet out.

Are you yelling asking to play thru and then trying to throw over the top of 9 people that are staring at the sun and likely can't track a disc?

I'm not. So catching them at the next tee definitely impacts my experience. Especially this time of the year where I need an absolutely perfect round (no crowds, no hard to find discs, no long waits for walkers, no asking people to move, etc) to get done before it gets too dark.

Latest posts