• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Can someone give me a summary of why we hate brodie and mcbeth?

https://twitter.com/Brodiesmith21/status/1347241936621600768

A sign at Stafford Woods DGC in NJ had a picture of Brodie and admonished litterers and vandals referring to them as "Brodies". Brodie melted about it on Twitter, and McBeth backed him up. The course hosts a DGPT silver series event and I guess Brodie and Paul said they were going to boycott the tournament (pretty sure Paul at least was never going anyway).

I totally get why Brodie would be annoyed, but the way he handled it wasn't graceful.

Brodie should have handled the situation better. But Paul should have really known better, makes me feel differently about Paul. I feel like hanging out with Brodie is making Paul soft emotionally. He needs to get back in a van with Sexton.

Everybody who doesn't swing off his jock, duh.

Not exactly. He is annoying as f##k and i cant stand to listen to him talk.

BUT

I think he is great for growing the sport and a good outspoken personality. I like having someone to root against, as much as i like someone to root for, when i consume my sports entertainment.

Nikko is the next closest thing but he is more of a cry baby

More annoying, Brodie or Grow the Sport?

Both are probably pretty equal to hear... Although, i think one of those is a healthy opinion and a natural occurrence whether we want it or not.

Lets face it. We all know how addictive disc golf is. It will always be on the edge of exploding into main stream, until it arrives.

Not exactly. He is annoying as f##k and i cant stand to listen to him talk.

BUT

I think he is great for growing the sport and a good outspoken personality. I like having someone to root against, as much as i like someone to root for, when i consume my sports entertainment.

Nikko is the next closest thing but he is more of a cry baby

He probably is good for the sport, but any video where he talks is unwatchable for me. YMMV.

He probably is good for the sport, but any video where he talks is unwatchable for me. YMMV.

I agree.

I like the fact that he is easy to know who he is...he throws it right in your face.

Most of the pros we can only guess how they act as a personality.

He seems like a good clean fun kinda guy. Like a kj usa with a bold unapologetic personality.

He is like the typical athlete bro jock. Even though i wouldnt vibe with his personality, i think its a good personality to promote disc golf in a less controversial/typical "disc-golf-guy" image.

The more I think about it the more disappointed I am in this tweet. I TD events and have been put on social media blast before with no opportunity to fix whats wrong in advance. Cannot express just how infuriating that is after putting so much blood sweat and tears into an event only to have some short-sighted ill-informed schmuck insult me publicly. And that's what appears to be happening here. It's ridiculous.

Dave The Rocket Guy
@dbtherocketguy
Replying to
@Brodiesmith21
"Jeebers stop taking everything so personally."

Maybe you should take this rocket guy's advice:D

Anyone know why Brodie dropped out of the "Straddle the Brazos" tournament this weekend? I was interested to see if his game made any progress on the bEast course. (Waco tournament)

And now Brodie's all upset that Ricky liked a meme making fun of him — Is he actually this soft, or does he just crave attention?

And now Brodie's all upset that Ricky liked a meme making fun of him — Is he actually this soft, or does he just crave attention?

The meme spelled "Brodie" wrong. ;)

uYpCWic.png

Maybe you should take this rocket guy's advice:D

Yeah, after making all sorts of sacrifices to run tournaments like storing all sorts of club stuff in my house, taking time off of work, pouring my heart an soul into an event because I want to see my buddies have fun I guess I shouldn't take it personally when the Broadster does something stupid that could negatively impact the events I run.

Silly me.

:rolleyes:

Latest posts