• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building the minimalist bag

The real question is, what bag is everyone using to carry their smaller lineups? This has been a tough one for me. I've been using the UPD Pinch but have thought about going to a shoulder bag but honestly and I know I shouldn't care, but I worry about looking like a noob with a starter bag

Preferably a plastic bag from sheetz with your discs and a Gatorade in it.

Do not underestimate the guy that plays with this setup, some of these guys can play and don't care at all about discs and bags.

I've had a Fade Crunchbox for ages. At the moment it is too big for me. I want a waste bag similar to an old school fanny pack, just to look ridiculous and not have to bend over to grab my bag every shot. Shoulder slung bags are the OG, never doubt.

The real question is, what bag is everyone using to carry their smaller lineups? This has been a tough one for me. I've been using the UPD Pinch but have thought about going to a shoulder bag but honestly and I know I shouldn't care, but I worry about looking like a noob with a starter bag

My wife and I came up with a wearable bag of our own design. Holds 6-8 discs and I never have to bend over to pick up my bag. I get some strange looks sometimes, and lots of questions about how it affects my throw. (it doesn't) I do love when people look skeptical about it until I step up to the tee pad and drop my disc under the basket. If I can generate enough interest I may market them. But that will probably be awhile.

I think I've decided upon the Infinite Disc Slinger Bag. It looks like the perfect solution for my needs.

Preferably a plastic bag from sheetz with your discs and a Gatorade in it.

Do not underestimate the guy that plays with this setup, some of these guys can play and don't care at all about discs and bags.

This is how I started, but it would have been really tough to underestimate my game.:| Three discs in a plastic bag with a Gatorade was my setup for the first year or two.

Pretty happy with the double Nutsac, wish I had one of the new ones though maybe in another eight years it will wear out and I can buy a replacement. If I pack six or less I can play bag on quite successfully, handy in the rain.

I think I've decided upon the Infinite Disc Slinger Bag. It looks like the perfect solution for my needs.

I was looking at that as well, then realized I have one of those shoulder bags buried in the back of my closet somewhere. I might bring it out and try it, see if I can throw with it on.

I've had a Fade Crunchbox for ages. At the moment it is too big for me. I want a waste bag similar to an old school fanny pack, just to look ridiculous and not have to bend over to grab my bag every shot. Shoulder slung bags are the OG, never doubt.

Just realized this morning that I used the wrong word. Waste instead of waist, guess I'm going for a colostomy bag setup in my fanny pack :sick:

Downscaling for a while:

electron medium Envy
neutron Matrix
neutron Deflector
plasma Volt
c-line FD
champion Thunderbird
s-line TD2

Nutsac or a double Nutsac, depending if I wanna carry a drink with me.

I go with the most reliable discs I have.

Envy, Ghost, Patriot and some random putter. Gonna sacrifice distance.

I put together a minimalist bag of sorts on my summer vacation. I used my Fade Crunchbox and put in eight discs: Two distance drivers, two fairway drivers, two mids, and two putters. It looked like this...

Shryke
Destroyer
Teebird
Firebird
Buzzz
Zone
Wizard
Magic

My minimalist bag would be 4 Molds.

A fairway driver, mid range, in the circle putter, and an overstable putter/approach disc.

From my current bag that would be:
Mantis
Buzzz
Zone
Electron Firm Envy

Putter: This is where I make a lot of cutbacks. Lid? Gone. XD for low-speed turnovers? Gone. Scale to handle the wind? Bye-bye. Putting putter? Get over yourself. I pick a driving putter, then putt with it because you can putt with anything. Obviously, that disc is the Wizard.

this made me laugh and it's so true. discovered the wizard in the last year and now every round i'm thinking "why don't i just putt with this thing?"

until you put an extra towel or rain jacket in your bag......problem solved

Interesting and informative discussion.
As a 72 yr old rated 840, I am only out for the fun, exercise and outdoor friendships. My three disc Nutsac is for an XHeat, Impact and Tursas (also for putting). Add one and its a Suspect. Add another for five and it's a JB Magnet. Take time to smell the pines.

this made me laugh and it's so true. discovered the wizard in the last year and now every round i'm thinking "why don't i just putt with this thing?"

You discovered the Wizard and it wasn't for putting with? You should most definitely be putting with a Wizard.

I play around with a minimalist version of my bag. For my home course, I can play it to the same score with 11 discs instead of the normal 18-22. However, I can play the course pretty close to both with just 5.

One day I was bored and went through my home course and listed out all the lines possible for each hole with a disc attached. I also listed preferred routes as well as what was B and C options. Then I found the most overlapping disc names for each hole that still allowed me to be fully covered with a shot I feel comfortable with. I tried to get as many "A" options as possible. This left me with 5 discs total.

Envy - Putting Putter and neutral to understable thrower out to 250
OS Teebird
US Teebird
Neutral D2

Then I can bag 1 disc that is semi utility depending on how I feel that day- Firebird, Zone, Roc, Buzzz, Truth, Rhyno. Typically it is the Zone or Firebird depending on the wind.

Latest posts