• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Disc Golfers Corner or from Canada eh

let's clear a few things up

Tim Horton's coffee is terrible (the doughnuts are good though)
Molson beer is also terrible (Russell is better...Phillips is not)

Alberta needs more trees for its courses

Canucks can suck it
I'd dump on the Oilers but they've been sad for so long it's just uncalled for on my part

let's clear a few things up

Tim Horton's coffee is terrible (the doughnuts are good though)
Molson beer is also terrible (Russell is better...Phillips is not)

On this we agree brother.

Some really good Canadian coffee roasters DO exist, such as Bows & Arrows, Phil & Sebastian, and Detour. Tim's is so bad, but I like the potato wedges. Has anyone tried the waffle breakfast sandwich yet?

Canadian beer - you've got a lot to like there, but nothing by Molson or Labatts. Steam Whistle is solid if you are going for that style.

Hey everyone is welcome, I tried a search for Canada and only found a few travel trips I thought about necro bumping.... We are up here somewhere.. Met Wolfie this year on Cortes.

Molson Canadian is also a decent beer up here actually it's the usual generic but they have excellent ads involving the catch phrase "I am Canadian" ... if you find some down there it's the best beer to mix with clamato other than that nothing special.

I enjoyed Kokanee over molson or labatt on my visits to the great white north.

Russell is pretty good. But living close to the Phillips brewery it's hard to beat their variety and selection. At least you don't have to deal with the hipsters trying to make lucky lager and PBR popular cheap beer again. But yeah the canucks can suck it.

The only time people leave BC is to usually chase that Berta oil money!

First off Canadian beer is always 5%... so even regular swill packs a better punch. yes the major ones suck, Canadian is excellent with Clamato for red eyes or bloody Mary's I think it's called. I will stand up for Philips they make some good stuff their Crookeder Tooth pumpkin ale is excellent.. Brand favourite tough probably Parrallel 49, Vancouver Island Hermann at or is excellent but 9.5%.

Johnny Mac Memorial tournament Saturday 24th at Q.E. 11am. "It's just a Roc shot"

I'm a yank but played in Cranmore and loved the course. Incredible mountain views, some difficult shots. Could use some new baskets but a definite must play in the Calgary/Banff area

What's up, hosers? Yeah, Labatt's, Molson, and Moosehead all suck. Those are the only Canadian beers that are readily available around here. When we were in Toronto, we tried many quality Canadian brews (the names of which are lost to me).

The only DG I played up there was Toronto Island which was a lot of fun. Totally flat, but plenty of water shots. From what I've seen on this website and youtube, you guys have some courses that I need to visit.

Last edited:
Hi, all! I live in Dawson Creek BC, and played my first winter round today in a foot of snow under blue skies and sunshine. -13C, so not too cold.
We have a great club up here and by next July we hope to have three full 18 hole courses within 20 minutes of downtown.

It's nice to see a Canada specific thread! 🇨🇦

Hi, all! I live in Dawson Creek BC, and played my first winter round today in a foot of snow under blue skies and sunshine. -13C, so not too cold.
We have a great club up here and by next July we hope to have three full 18 hole courses within 20 minutes of downtown.

It's nice to see a Canada specific thread! ����

Hey good stuff man.. Welcome to the party!

Do you guys attach a ribbon through the disc so you can find it in the snow? -13 is balmy when I was in Calgary any time it warmed up to that the joggers were out in shorts!

Moose head is the best out of the three beers listed above we export all our crap beer kinda like Australia and Foster's and it is Canmore.. Not hatin just sayin...

Last edited:
Holy cow, -13C in November?!? Out here (Nova Scotia) that's about as cold as it gets and that's the odd day in Jan/Feb. We still disc in it, of course :D

I lived on Vancouver Island way back when, and I loved the climate there. Didn't know what disc golf was at the time, but wouldn't mind being able to play in that weather all winter now, even if a wee bit wet ;)

As for beer, NS is currently in a golden age of craft brews and I haven't had a Molson or Labatt's in a loooong time. :thmbup:

Nova Scotia is on my list of places to visit Blue Nosers always treated me good if you run into Dave Hanrahan say hi for me. Him and a bottle of whiskey is why I had to quit my sweet job in Fort McMurray.. Too sick then birthday then whiskey then real sick haha good times...

Capers are crazy, Newfies are cool...

9 days til the JMac memorial tourney in Vancouver QE Park..

Johnny Mac Memorial tournament... got a couch to crash on got my bag loaded... got my knee brace. f discing down.. The Inertia is coming.. Plasma Envy, e envy, Spin, Comet, Tangent, Switch, Signal, Relay, Photon fission.. The usual suspects..

Thanks to Leuch for putting me up!

I got no business opening my mouth here... cause I live in the lower Midwest and have no idea what it really feels like to be a discer in Canada.

But here is what I do know, had my share of kokanee while living in Montana and it is way better than any of the macrobrews in the us.

From my research of finding better more affordable healthcare ideas the Canadian system is very intriguing to me as perhaps a benchmark that more American's should investigate.

Over and Out from the south..

Roger that Kokanee used to be good before mass production but any interest in Canadian culture is welcome.. Haha

Played the Johnny Mac Memorial tournament with his PDGA number on my back with PackEx sponsor dry fit shirt. Had a good partner Brett some kid that threw solid. I forgot my inertia on top of the outside fridge came up 60 ft plus short a little too often. Anyhow shot - 17 and won it! pays the ferry fare or more accurately payed for a plastic upgrade haha I gotta shut down my iso thread.

Played with Johnny Mac on my back twice in a row and won... PDGA 10160 . I'm starting to think it's my lucky shirt. "It's just a Roc Shot". Happy to wear my colours and represent Golf Island Disc Park, you can spot our hoodys from 100' yo.

Hi! We do indeed attach ribbons, and pray that our odd white disc doesn't lose it mid-flight.
We've played 17 rounds since my first post, and I hit my first ace last Wednesday! Forehand Musket about 200 feet.

Good morning from the dark... powers been out for 20hrs here it would seem like a good time to Disc golf but I'm an Electrician so it's off to work.

How's the rest of you folks doing?

That wind storm was crazy eh! Heard on CBC that parts of Mayne Island have been without power for 3+ days now... The basement flooded in our family cabin out in Sooke, and a cabin across the river got crushed by a fallen tree. Crazy times. Hopefully most folks out there got generators!