• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Caught on film, Why DG gets no respect

Wow what was that, about 150 feet? I am shocked that you would be that happy for that

Wow what was that, about 150 feet? I am shocked that you would be that happy for that

The saying "act like you've been there before, even if you haven't" comes to mind. :\

yeah...that's not cool...but what do you expect, they all look like they are in high school. it's every ones responsibility to take care of your disc golf course so if you see these people doing this stuff tell them to knock it off. and if your the one doing it, KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no good reason for jumping up on a basket and yanking and pulling on the basket as this DB did in that youtube video. Yes these baskets are strong but if you keep it up it will ruin it.

STAY OFF the baskets! Prerube's point is simple we are fighting for our courses in some areas and this stuff, unintended or not, is damaging. Think this through. If we act like a DB or allow others to do it than we are quilty by comission or omission.

I can take you to courses where the baskets are bent from this behavior.

Please be nice and try to explain why when you see the high school girls setting on them but something must be said. Asking them if they want to spend $400.00 to replace the basket is a good way.

There is no good reason for jumping up on a basket and yanking and pulling on the basket as this DB did in that youtube video. Yes these baskets are strong but if you keep it up it will ruin it.

STAY OFF the baskets! Prerube's point is simple we are fighting for our courses in some areas and this stuff, unintended or not, is damaging. Think this through. If we act like a DB or allow others to do it than we are quilty by comission or omission.

I can take you to courses where the baskets are bent from this behavior.

Please be nice and try to explain why when you see the high school girls setting on them but something must be said. Asking them if they want to spend $400.00 to replace the basket is a good way.

i usually huff and puff and act all agro when i see someone molesting the baskets. give em a little bit of a scare. then if they seem cool, ill apologize and explain to them the ramifications of their actions. most people are cool, but i think your tone needs to be pissed off and serious rather than all crimson and clover during the initial contact.

i love the chains. LOVE them. i see teenagers treating them with little to no respect fairly frequently...gotta learn these youngns!

i usually huff and puff and act all agro when i see someone molesting the baskets. give em a little bit of a scare. then if they seem cool, ill apologize and explain to them the ramifications of their actions. most people are cool, but i think your tone needs to be pissed off and serious rather than all crimson and clover during the initial contact.

i love the chains. LOVE them. i see teenagers treating them with little to no respect fairly frequently...gotta learn these youngns!

I am not suggesting you should sugar coat anything. But appraoching someone with a firm but even voice and manner will go farther.

If you have enough energy to jump on the basket, you need to go get laid more often. That will take some of the fight out of you. I know after my wife and I tear one off, I am ready for a sandwich, and chill out time for a little while. She goes to Aerobics Class, after, which still confuses me.:confused:

If you have enough energy to jump on the basket, you need to go get laid more often. That will take some of the fight out of you. I know after my wife and I tear one off, I am ready for a sandwich, and chill out time for a little while. She goes to Aerobics Class, after, which still confuses me.:confused:

See, you're doing it wrong. You've gotta incorporate the sandwich into the, ahem, "tearing off of one..." :D

Weakest ace ever!!!! Was that even 150'??!!?! It might've been cool if it was off hand....

I would be kind of pissed if I got my 1st ace and it was on a little kid style hole. If I got my 1st ace on camera, I wouldn't let anyone see it if it was a below 200 ft. shot or just an open field shot. God I hate open field freakin courses.:mad:

Weakest ace ever!!!! Was that even 150'??!!?! It might've been cool if it was off hand....
My first one was about that distance. Perhaps a little shorter.

I would be kind of pissed if I got my 1st ace and it was on a little kid style hole. If I got my 1st ace on camera, I wouldn't let anyone see it if it was a below 200 ft. shot or just an open field shot. God I hate open field freakin courses.:mad:
I hate to tell you guys, but that's the style of hole a lot of people hit their aces on. Precisely why I don't know why so many people make hitting an ace the DG rite of passage that it is.

I'm not sure why so many guys here are ragging on the distance of the shot. Even if it was short, it was blind, and still an awesome shot. And even if he had drilled one from 350'+ it wouldn't have justified turning the basket into his personal jungle gym.

guys like those make disc golf look gay

I'll bet that DB high-fives himself after he rubs one off. LOSER. That was like hitting a BP fastball out and running it out. 150' is generous. I am thinking 120'.

I'm an FNG, so I haven't been to a lot of courses yet, but what is pissing me off is the litter. If you have room in your bag for a 6 pack of Coors, you have room for the empties. The courses here have trash cans about every 3 or 4th hole. PICK YOUR ISHT up. I mostly see it around the DG only parts of the course.

Latest posts