• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] cd (super flat and over stable)

money 21

* Ace Member *
Ordered a s line cd. Have thrown them in the past and for me they have been very neutral fliers when new like a champ valk or beast. (I am a 350' thrower). The one I just got is super flat top and is way over stable. Threw it against some of my other disc in the same speed range and the closed to the cd is an sp tsunami. anyone else had this experience or is there a weird run out ?

DiscMania has historically advertised what run they are selling on the DM store sites. Someone can probably ring in with more specifics about the CD runs and you figure out the new one vs the ones you like.

My 175g Orange First Run S-CD is absolutely cash! Flat topped, but not pancake by any means, super straight, great tunnel shot discs to hyzer flip out to about 350' or so with a gentle fade, but a bit sensitive to nose angle and wind. They stalled out pretty quick if you got the nose up too much. Then I picked up a used S-CD from a local shop that was pretty worn - about 6/10 - thinking it'd be a good turnover compliment... NOPE! That thing was just a PD in disguise. Not that it's a bad thing, I love my PDs, but it flew JUST like my seasoned PDs.

I ended up switching to S-CD2s on Eric Oakley's advice and never looked back.

I only have 1 CD. its a C-Line 175g with a little bubble dome in the middle. It's stable, but not BEEF. So, idk. thats the one thing about discs, drivers especially, they can vary by just a hair different in the design/final run. Flashing on innova/discmania discs drives me nuts too, and my CD STILL has a lot of flashing. Oddly certain discs I get never have flashing, like the Tern or DDX i just got, but lately idk, stable and flashing is the norm :(

With all that said tho, the CD I have flies awesome and is like a faster Teebird3. which i also bag. Its a good disc, but lately the Axiom WRATH has taken its duty. The Wrath is like a zippier CD and more comfortable on my hand because....NO flashing.

I had an S line that performed similar to my CD2 - ended up going w/ the CD2. If you're looking for run info etc, I'd suggest the FB 'Discmania Collectors and Throwers' page.' Lots of good people and info on there.

This thing is pancake flat like a discraft flick. The plh is high but no flashing to speak of. Also it is 169 so weight isn't a factor. Any way I thought maybe there was a certain run that came out extra beefy or something.

Latest posts