• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

I would gladly paypal them 12 dollars a year, hell I'd go 20. But I'm not going to go through Patreon to give anyone money. I don't like the fees, I want to give money to the people doing the work, not some faceless website.

I have to agree with that, too many entities out there making money getting between you and who you wish to give money too, started with checks, then credit cards, now things like paypal and pateron. I'd happily mail a $20 bill if it got me the same access but I've no desire to enrich a middleman.

if you guys wanna paypal me I'll shoot you the links to the vids, and any other patreon exclusive stuff. I'll get a spreadsheet going.

iantanderson at gmail

Nate have a new 2018 ITB out, and after 4days it has 15000views. . Pauls 2017 ITB have 216 000 views.
So ITB can get alot o views, much more than many other discgolf videos

If they're of the two most popular disc golfers on the planet :)

Paul's ITB took hundreds of hours of work. Still not worth it IMO.

Nate have a new 2018 ITB out, and after 4days it has 15000views. . Pauls 2017 ITB have 216 000 views.
So ITB can get alot o views, much more than many other discgolf videos

I think this is more about the WHO than the style. Paul, Nate, Eagle, Simon, Paige etc. etc. will get views, regardless of what the video is.

I would gladly paypal them 12 dollars a year, hell I'd go 20. But I'm not going to go through Patreon to give anyone money. I don't like the fees, I want to give money to the people doing the work, not some faceless website.

I have to agree with that, too many entities out there making money getting between you and who you wish to give money too, started with checks, then credit cards, now things like paypal and pateron. I'd happily mail a $20 bill if it got me the same access but I've no desire to enrich a middleman.

if you guys wanna paypal me I'll shoot you the links to the vids, and any other patreon exclusive stuff. I'll get a spreadsheet going.

If they're of the two most popular disc golfers on the planet :)

Paul's ITB took hundreds of hours of work. Still not worth it IMO.

Isn't everyone just a middleman of a different color...

If you want to see the coverage from Tournament X, but don't live in the area, you have to pay a middleman (Southwest Airlines) to get you there, a middleman (Hilton Hotels) to stay in the region, and a middleman (McDonald's) for "food". All of which is far more than the cost of one year of Patreon to CCDG.

Ok, so you don't like paying for "fringe" services, I get it. There are a lot of people asking for free money through patreon and gofundme pages these days. But, they (financial service middlemen) provide an avenue for fledgling companies to get off the ground. If these Paypal, patreon, etc. didn't exist, it would be much harder for the CCDGs (of the world) to thrive.

Early on, these financial middle men add credibility and security to individuals who are basically asking for donations to help build their businesses. So, these middlemen have their purpose and have earned their (incremental) percentage for the service they provide (in my opinion).

So, just buck up and pay patreon. It helps the performance metrics of the content creators we appreciate, so it is worth the tax. Again, in my opinion...

Last edited:
Patreon basically takes 5% for the convenience of organizing all of your subs & membership in one place. Plus it adds other really nice features depending on the industry. You can easily link certain levels of Patreon supporters to different rewards, and can integrate into other online places for easy fulfillment. Makes it very easy to communicate with everyone at once rather than having to remember to email 2 or 3 different groups depending on how you get their support. Our Patreon supporters get an immediate custom RSS feed to our show the moment we publish it, they don't have to wait an extra day or so.

But most important it hold the creator & Patron's feet to the fire so that as a creator, I need to make something to get paid, and I can trust that they will charge you. I can't take your money and just run. Value for Value.

I understand that people hate to pay middlemen. But this isn't just someone who is a middleman taking a percentage for moving money, this is a service that is providing real value for a creator.

I have dealt with trying to work the spreadsheet. It gets messy. Someone pays you $30 for support. Now, is that great support for 1 year? Is that for 2 years? Is there an awkward convo when in the months of Oct-Mar there isn't any "exclusive" content? Do they feel like they are getting their value? Trust me, it sucks overall for all parties. In 3 years when someone PayPals you $20, now you need to send them a list of all your old "exclusive" content that isn't public? Ugggh.

I am going to get off my Patreon soapbox now.

Isn't everyone just a middleman of a different color...

If you want to see the coverage from Tournament X, but don't live in the area, you have to pay a middleman (Southwest Airlines) to get you there, a middleman (Hilton Hotels) to stay in the region, and a middleman (McDonald's) for "food".

No that is not the case at all in those examples they are not middlemen at all, they are vendors with which one has simple transactions, one exchanges money with an airline for transportation, one exchanges money with Hilton for lodging and funds are exchanged with McDonalds for something that is borderline food. The only middleman in those examples would be if credit cards were used, where a 3rd party makes a profit off a transaction.

Ok, so you don't like paying for "fringe" services, I get it.

Quite the contrary, I am a contributor to this site and feel the services it offers are well worth it. Something that doesn't seem to be the case of those critical of my unwillingness to donate through a 3rd party rather than directly to the creator.

Early on, these financial middle men add credibility and security to individuals who are basically asking for donations to help build their businesses. So, these middlemen have their purpose and have earned their (incremental) percentage for the service they provide (in my opinion).

These middlemen, or by definition parasites, saw an opportunity to make money off financial transactions, outside of their marketing spiel there's nothing sanctimonious there. CCDG has already established credibility with the work they have done in the past. And damn fine work it is, something that I felt major disc manufactures should have been doing 15 years ago. I don't need a 3rd party to make me feel secure about contributing to them, the work is already there, I've enjoyed it in the past and look forward to what they will do in the future. Should my appreciation of that work line somebody else's pockets that had zero to do with the production, absolutely not. I'll send funds directly, if the creator thinks patreon should get a cut then they can send it on to them but I can almost certainly guarantee that won't happen.

So, just buck up and pay patreon. It helps the performance metrics of the content creators we appreciate, so it is worth the tax. Again, in my opinion...

That statement is more likely to result in someone telling you to go pack sand than contributing via pateron so you may be doing more harm than good with it.

Champs vs Chumps v6 was one of the funniest disc golf videos I've watched (it's going to take a lot to knock down Barsby's iron leaf). Nate is always funny in these, but AJ brought in some great banter. The "obscure" Bug's Life reference part was hilarious. Easily AJ's best work yet on commentary. Thanks CCDG.

Latest posts