• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Problem is, posting it here is going to generate more hits for them. They're only at 183 as of this posting.

They don't deserve more views. Not because they're using CCDG footage (though that's bad), but because they claim it's parody and parody is supposed to be funny. They're not funny. At all.

Problem is, posting it here is going to generate more hits for them. They're only at 183 as of this posting.

They don't deserve more views. Not because they're using CCDG footage (though that's bad), but because they claim it's parody and parody is supposed to be funny. They're not funny. At all.
I watched 4 minutes. Those 4 minutes are now a part of my eternity. I'm saddened by that.

Juvenile, unimaginative, copycat, low brow humor.

Based on this video, I place the commentators in the amateur novice product division, with a rating of 701.

Don't quit your day jobs, guys.

If the "creators" of this commentary are reading this:

****. You.

Your "humor" is the epitome of cruelty. You're punching down, and ****ting on women for their physical appearance. You're everything that is wrong with the world. Learn to be better human beings.

edit: The longer the video plays, the more I think you should just kill yourselves.

Last edited:
If the "creators" of this commentary are reading this:

****. You.

Your "humor" is the epitome of cruelty. You're punching down, and ****ting on women for their physical appearance. You're everything that is wrong with the world. Learn to be better human beings.

edit: The longer the video plays, the more I think you should just kill yourselves.

Haven't watched it and don't plan to, but "just kill yourselves"????????? Overreact much?

Haven't watched it and don't plan to, but "just kill yourselves"????????? Overreact much?

I know what I wrote.

I'm not some edgy teen who casually drops "kys" in chat for lols a hundred times a day. The above is literally the first time I have typed or uttered those words in the imperative tense in my lifetime, and I'm coming up on a few months shy of a half-century.

The goons in the linked video earned my ire.

I know what I wrote.

I'm not some edgy teen who casually drops "kys" in chat for lols a hundred times a day. The above is literally the first time I have typed or uttered those words in the imperative tense in my lifetime, and I'm coming up on a few months shy of a half-century.

The goons in the linked video earned my ire.

If there is anyone who doesn't have the right to lecture you, it's me, but while I think they are deserving of a quick kick in the butt, self-immolation isn't what we should be asking for. Perhaps a return to a time when parents required that their children acted in a reasonably decent manner?

BTW - I got to the second swear word and shut it off. Swearing is a tool. If it's the only one you have in your entertainment abilities, you're not as entertaining as you think. The whole, "Hey look at the hot babe," thing is why I no longer watch the chats on live broadcasts. Too many boys lusting after Catrina and others. And they wonder why they can't get dates...

If there is anyone who doesn't have the right to lecture you, it's me, but while I think they are deserving of a quick kick in the butt, self-immolation isn't what we should be asking for. Perhaps a return to a time when parents required that their children acted in a reasonably decent manner?

I don't think the people speaking in this video are children, at least chronologically. They sound old enough to own the consequences of their actions.

And you're right, obviously, that mandatory suicide is asking too much, but I don't get the impression that they would thoughtfully read and contemplate a few hundred words which explain precisely why what they are doing is wrong, the implied sexism of their video (watch again and count how many times the players are referred to with a human word like "women" or "ladies" and how many times they are referred to with dehumanizing words like "dogs," "bitches," or the like), and how their video contributes nothing and makes the world a worse place-- so short of being able to punch someone through the internet with my cartoon fist emerging from their display to break their noses, a blunt and shocking word of rebuke from me will have to suffice. And that's provided they are even present here to read my words of rebuke in the first place. I confess that part of my rage is the knowledge that these chuckle****s may never be even aware of the damage they are doing to civilization by behaving the way they do, because they are insulated behind the semi-anonymous layer of a YouTube user name and account.

I would like to see how these men behaved if they were stood physically in front of the four players in the video and asked to defend their work. I get the impression that they would be much less brave.

Last edited:
Update: I shot Ian a PM over on Reddit, and he was not yet aware of this video. He's going to look into it after work tonight.

I don't think the people speaking in this video are children, at least chronologically. They sound old enough to own the consequences of their actions.

And you're right, obviously, that mandatory suicide is asking too much, but I don't get the impression that they would thoughtfully read and contemplate a few hundred words which explain precisely why what they are doing is wrong, the implied sexism of their video (watch again and count how many times the players are referred to with a human word like "women" or "ladies" and how many times they are referred to with dehumanizing words like "dogs," "bitches," or the like), and how their video contributes nothing and makes the world a worse place-- so short of being able to punch someone through the internet with my cartoon fist emerging from their display to break their noses, a blunt and shocking word of rebuke from me will have to suffice. And that's provided they are even present here to read my words of rebuke in the first place. I confess that part of my rage is the knowledge that these chuckle****s may never be even aware of the damage they are doing to civilization by behaving the way they do, because they are insulated behind the semi-anonymous layer of a YouTube user name and account.

I would like to see how these men behaved if they were stood physically in front of the four players in the video and asked to defend their work. I get the impression that they would be much less brave.

Much better, thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I still would prefer if the intangible damage these morons were doing could somehow be collected up in one place, made tangible, and used to bludgeon them. Being this cruel and stupid should hurt.

Further update: Ian continues to send me short update PMs as he watches little bits of the video. He is neither pleased nor amused. Not in the slightest.

I reported the video as well for copy write infringement. I hope that Ian does the same. Ugggh.

Yeah, I'm no lawyer (heck, I'm not even well-read in bird law), but I suspect that taking an entire half-hour video and just laying a new audio track over it is not protected by the "fair use" doctrine.

Yeah, I'm no lawyer (heck, I'm not even well-read in bird law), but I suspect that taking an entire half-hour video and just laying a new audio track over it is not protected by the "fair use" doctrine.

It's been awhile since Media Law for me but "parody" isn't an iron clad defense for taking someone else's content like this video does.

It's been awhile since Media Law for me but "parody" isn't an iron clad defense for taking someone else's content like this video does.

Intellectual property was one of my concentrations in law school. Fair use is one of those doctrines where there is a lot of gray area. A lot of people read about the factors and try to analyze whatever case/situation they are talking about. Many times people are just plain wrong. For example, I've had "artists" argue with me that a painted copy of another piece is a "parody" and thus fair use.

In any case, an academic argument and actual practice are two separate things.

Have you seen this- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U139mpuUS7g

Hopefully CCDG didn't give them permission to use the video.

Now I have and the first 10 seconds was all I needed to hope they did not get permission to use that footage.

Honestly a little bummed you guys even possibly think I would ever give this the ok. :doh:

I reported the video as well for copy write infringement. I hope that Ian does the same. Ugggh.

TY! I did as well.

Intellectual property was one of my concentrations in law school. Fair use is one of those doctrines where there is a lot of gray area. A lot of people read about the factors and try to analyze whatever case/situation they are talking about. Many times people are just plain wrong. For example, I've had "artists" argue with me that a painted copy of another piece is a "parody" and thus fair use.

In any case, an academic argument and actual practice are two separate things.

Like a good lawyer you say a lot, but answer no questions haha. Is this fair use? In your opinion obviously, you're not my lawyer disclaimer.

Thank you Nova for the heads up!