• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cocky NOT so good buddy

I have a similar buddy that I play with occasionally. On the way to the way to the course and while we are playing he sends out a steady stream of condescending, I am the greatest player ever, BS. He regularaly tells me how much better he is than me even though I beat him 80& of the time. It gets pretty obnoxious since I am not really very competetive when it comes to disc golf. I just enjoy the walk in the woods.

I have a buddy like this, he swears he beat me by "at least" (as he puts it) 10 strokes for the round as he's burping up beer foam on himself. Then I ad up the scorecard and show him he lost as usual. Better luck next time, NEXT!!

When I played with Jukeshoe he wouldn't stop talking about his virility. Apothecary and I were all, like, just "whateverrrrr".

I am a habitual trash talker and bragger. I often back it up. Sometimes I fall flat on my face. I had a few years of injuries and absolute poor play. I sure got paid back by those that I used to beat regularly. Now that I've started popping out some 980's,990's and 1000's i'm talking again and everyone is getting quiet. It's a cycle. If someone who isn't very good talks trash, i'll show them a stack of 20's and tell them it's on.

And John Biscoe was one of the people who was part of the group that ridiculed me and made me come back with a vengeance. I certainly appreciated their honesty. So if I talk smack to anyone on the course, I can't be blamed. Blame Biscoe.

We have this guy that plays league night with us he's been playing for for almost 15 years and is always giving me crap about being pad scum I have not been playing very long less than 4 months so it sure felt good the last time we played on the same card and I beat him by 1.

I am 2 years younger than him at 51 so I am sure his game has gone down some, he scores around +10 to +12 most of the time the day I beat him he was at +15 and I was at +14 and it was my first round below 70.

We have one guy that is 63 years old that scores around +8 every round and is as nice as can be, he came over to me the night I beat him and shook my hand and said now maybe he will shut up!!!!

I try not to talk much crap because it ends up biting me in the A$$

One thing I miss about being crappier is talkin smack to my buds.
If was fine when they had 3 yrs and plenty o strokes on me but now I'd come off d!ckish:(
being a low lovel player doesn't give many opportunities as many low level players battle mental blocks and have quicksand rounds.
Can't wait til advanced- seems that's where the trash talk is at:)

Jive........... (checks calender)............it's not the seventies anymore, Kelso.

Did you just call me a jive turkey?!?!

vlcsnap-17861.png

Just remind them where they live once the talkin' and playing is over.

Attachments

• uncle_rico_2.jpg
    uncle_rico_2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 18
It sure is nice to meet so many sincerely humble players, not like you are talking any condescending crap at all, just being kind to your stupid friend who you are a better person than by talking behind his back.

It sure is nice to meet so many sincerely humble players, not like you are talking any condescending crap at all, just being kind to your stupid friend who you are a better person than by talking behind his back.

Meet my buddy and you'll be making your own posts. Sorry the guy picked up the sport, and by now he should be sooooo much better, but his bull headedness and pride just shadow his opportunity to take simple advice.

I have buddies that played on a league with this guy, and they have to bring him up every time I run into them. The guy's reputation for the gift of jibberjabber is like the energizer buddy.

Again, he ain't so bad when he is with only me, but give him a small audience and we can barely get through a round in any normal period of time.

I am starting to call him out more and more, considering my game is still progressing and he stands alone on his low plateau soap box of ability.

"...and when you get to the endzone, act like you've been there before."

I save my trash talk for the interwebz. Nate knows what I'm talking about. What? What!?!?

I know the exact opposite guy. He's been playing longer, and more often than me, and is the better player. No big deal. When he makes an amazing shot, or has a drive that turns over perfectly, I'm usually as exited as him.

Fist bumps ensue.

Then I make a great shot, and he doesn't even want to acknowledge it happened. I give the guy 10 high fives a round, and he breaks my balls 'cause his drives go further than mine.

I admit he's the better player and don't get me wrong, he's a good friend, but sometimes I wanna dump his bag in the river while he's making his shot!

Btw: brand spankin' new to this site, and mostly new to the sport, but look forward to getting better! (At typing AND Disc golfing...)

Anybody in upstate, NY that's ready for some winter throws, drop me a line. Ain't skeered!

I find this thread funny. If I remember correctly, NateDiscFlip couldn't say enough wonderful things about himself and his dg game. All the amazing aces he has at Flip City and all. I recall him being exactly like the person he is describing in the OP. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

why is this thread 4 pages long? Tell him when he's beating everyone consistently he can talk and otherwise to stfu while youre trying to putt. Also that you dont care why he threw the disc he threw the way he threw it, i hate people that do this. As their disc goes flying in the wrong direction they explain the "science" of the thought process behind their shot/disc selection almost as a preemptive strike for the incoming laughter attack. When im playing with good friends and its not a money round i give **** all day, if its any more serious than that, act like an adult ffs.

None of the guys I disc golf with have this problem, we all acknowledge we are not really good.

i only talk smack to the little kids playing with their dad on the hole ahead of me....

"you call that a throw? my grandma could throw farther than that!" (eight year old girl runs off crying)

Latest posts