• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Compass midrange

So, I finally am feeling love for a Buzzz model after all this time. A Big Z. I was looking at the Compass mostly because my Truth cannot be trusted and turns some when I didn't want or expect. Will there be room for a Compass with a Buzzz and Truth or is it too early to even guess?

I HAVE to find out if this is more stable than a Truth. I just bought 4 truths trying to find a stable one like the old gloptos I have, and they are all US with this new run. Even though I invested so much in Truths, I would drop them and pick up a few of these if they are between a Truth and Verdict. Perfect flight numbers would be 5/5/0/1...we'll see how close Lat has their numbers to the actual flight.

I HAVE to find out if this is more stable than a Truth. I just bought 4 truths trying to find a stable one like the old gloptos I have, and they are all US with this new run. Even though I invested so much in Truths, I would drop them and pick up a few of these if they are between a Truth and Verdict. Perfect flight numbers would be 5/5/0/1...we'll see how close Lat has their numbers to the actual flight.

McCabe noted that DD is going to try to adjust the truth back to its actual numbers- mostly getting rid of the turn.

McCabe noted that DD is going to try to adjust the truth back to its actual numbers- mostly getting rid of the turn.

I really hope so. I only have 3 total and would really like to add to those. Hopefully they give them a new stamp when they are returned to their rightful flight.
A mids to low 170s bio verdict isn't far off from the real truths. Just lacks the glide a bit.
Is there a pic of the compass v truth?

That Truth modification sounds really interesting. I have a total of one stable Truth which I absolutely love. Problem is that all of the others have varying amounts of turn and are not really replacements for the good one. It is like Verdict HSS with less fade. I wonder if the have to modify the Verdict as well, because they would become really close to each other.

What comes to the Compass, I have experience of about 5 throws on it, but I can still confidently say that it is more OS than the current Truth, a bit slower as well.

Some people may not agree here, but in my mind the Verdict is really not all that OS, reliably straight rather. I have 4 Verdicts and two Maces and, when new, the Maces are easily more OS. So with that in mind, I would compare the Compass more to a new Premium Mace than a Verdict.

This is my feeling today, we'll have to see if I have to come back in a week or two to re-adjust the statement after more experience with the disc.

Yeah that does seem odd to me. My first Verdict was one of those Truth protos. Very OS. Current one is bio, and not as OS, but easily more overstable than my Mace.

Can you compare the Compass to a Z Buzzz?

Bio and lucid verdicts are very different in my experience. Lucid is OS like it's supposed to be and bio is straight like OG Truths

I've been really confused about the Verdict stability from the get go. Almost feels like there is a different batch in US and Europe, but that is obviously not the case.

I can get my Lucid Verdicts (three different ones) to 300' indoors and there is practically no turn and very mild fade at the end. It is almost identical to the line of the "good Truth". With a new Mace / Compass, I can get them maybe to 270' and there will be a strong fade at the end.

Before the Truths, I threw Buzzzs and their stability was all over the place. The good ones would hold a straight line just like a good Truth, but due to lower speed would only carry maybe 285'.

I have to emphasize that my experience with Mace/Compass is very limited, but to me they are shorter and more OS than the Truth.

The Verdict doesn't have a strong fade at the end. But throw a Mace or a (current) Truth hard into a headwind and you will regret it. Not so much with a Verdict. I hope the Compass is somewhere in between a Verdict and (current) Truth, especially in the high speed turn department. Or even better - they release a base plastic Verdict.
I guess I have to order one now...

How does this compare to a Bard? I haven't thrown either, just curious.

I've been relying heavily on my verdict for mostly OS and my broken in mace for utility. We will see where the compass fits in. Going to play a round with them tomorrow.

I threw a compass today alongside a trio of rocs and could use them interchangeably. Really impressed with the latest offerings from lat 64, especially in kansas city wind.

Threw the compass quite a bit today- it's exactly as described. Holds whatever line you put it on, and was still reliable in the wind. It will show off any form errors you have. I threw it on short annys, 160ft, long hyzers, 325ish, and held the lines nicely. Dead straight when thrown flat. It's what I hoped the core or claymore would be. Loving it so far.

The Verdict doesn't have a strong fade at the end. But throw a Mace or a (current) Truth hard into a headwind and you will regret it. Not so much with a Verdict. I hope the Compass is somewhere in between a Verdict and (current) Truth, especially in the high speed turn department. Or even better - they release a base plastic Verdict.
I guess I have to order one now...
This has been bothering me for few days now and finally I got a chance to go out and throw this again. I even had a moderately big armed pro with me.

I took a new Compass, new Zero Mace, a year old Fuzion Truth and a almost new Lucid Verdict with me and we both had a few throws on them. The outcome was that the only one that had any substantial turn was Verdict :eek:. Truth drifted right a bit while both Mace and Compass just held their lines perfectly.

All of the discs were 177+. The Truth is maybe a bit freakish for a Truth as it is really stable compared to most of the others, but it certainly isn't one of those old Truth stamped Verdicts.

So in the end I will hold on to my previous assessment of these molds. I will also say that the Compass seems a really promising disc and will have bunch of Disc of the Year potential.

That verdict is very weird...

I could go for some profile pics and feel comparisons...and of course some YouTube of the flight, but I won't be greedy.

That verdict is very weird...

I could go for some profile pics and feel comparisons...and of course some YouTube of the flight, but I won't be greedy.
I'll see if I will make a more in depth comparison of Verdicts once it gets warmer, but I could check some profiles sooner.

The strangest thing is that I have one beat in 170 Lucid Verdict that is even more US.

This heavier one is from a batch of three identical Verdicts that all flew the same.

For reference I can throw Pures on a frozen rope for some 280ft so I don't think this is any OAT issue.

Latest posts