• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Baggers

Bagged some new courses this weekend and now have 533 courses played in California.
Added one to the database with pictures.
The private ones I have listed on my DGCR profile page.

There's this one bagger, reneecwest, who claims to have played over 300 courses since October 2020. Including some that were extinct all that time. We have so many courses in common, and she has so few that I haven't played, it's almost like she looked at my list and copied them in wholesale.

Pretty suspicious if you ask me.
Good one! I have to confess that I overlooked the last name, so I actually believed you and I went to her profile to see what was going on. Then I finally figured it out. You got me.

BTW, cool that y'all have played in Alaska!

It's possible she's been playing for years but only joined in 2020, and backfilled all the courses she had played. Still suspicious, but not unreasonable.
Hmmm... Steve got me too. Look at her last name...

Well, got to play them all.

I think DavidSauls said it best, there is something about playing a course for the first time. I actually find it boring playing a course I have played before.

Yep, I gave my wife a day yesterday, but I did managed to bag 2 out in Canton after walking around First Mondays all day (and spending WAY too much money)

That puts me at 599 courses played in Texas (548 of them listed on this site)

Found out about a new course on the other side of Austin this week. I cleared that area out a weeks ago and already have enough courses to make another central Texas day trip.

If things go right, might try to hit some more Kansas courses next week. Depends on if I can get a day off, the lack of sleep from driving 5 hours wears me out.

PG -

I just read this UDisc article on "course collectors", you should have corrected them to "Course Baggers"! :D

https://udisc.com/blog/post/the-fascinating-world-of-disc-golf-course-collectors

Nice job representing baggers, curious if you mentioned DGCR and it didn't make the article?

Keep having fun!!

On a course baggin' related note, I am a little disappointed that the Whitecap resort in Upson WI decided to not put out their course this year. I've been waiting to bag that one for awhile even though I heard the course itself isn't that good but it's one of the few places where you can rent a golf cart and bomb down some hills on a ski course.

I really hope this doesn't mean they are going kill off the course eventually because Northern Wisco could always use more courses whether good or bad.

On a course baggin' related note, I am a little disappointed that the Whitecap resort in Upson WI decided to not put out their course this year. I've been waiting to bag that one for awhile even though I heard the course itself isn't that good but it's one of the few places where you can rent a golf cart and bomb down some hills on a ski course.

I really hope this doesn't mean they are going kill off the course eventually because Northern Wisco could always use more courses whether good or bad.

You didn't miss much tbh. Beautiful area but the disc golf was kind of an afterthought. We didn't rent a cart and that was a major mistake. Ridiculously long walk to the first tee. I played the old design too and it was much tamer but decent. If you happen to be traveling back near BEP this weekend let me know, I may have to get out there finally.

You didn't miss much tbh. Beautiful area but the disc golf was kind of an afterthought. We didn't rent a cart and that was a major mistake. Ridiculously long walk to the first tee. I played the old design too and it was much tamer but decent. If you happen to be traveling back near BEP this weekend let me know, I may have to get out there finally.

I'll be back up in the area at the end of the month.. like on the 28th I'll be driving up for the week and will be stopping at Standing Rocks in Stevens Point if you wanna play a quick round.

I'll be back up in the area at the end of the month.. like on the 28th I'll be driving up for the week and will be stopping at Standing Rocks in Stevens Point if you wanna play a quick round.

I would but I'll be bagging SW Chicagoland that week. Hoping to bag 25 to 30 down there. I need to get over to Standing Rocks this year, such a fun course.

Does anybody on here know A.Lind in real life?

His/her 1938 coursed played puts him at #3 on the Top Bagger list.
Update... A.Lind's course count has decreased by 33 so he is now listed with 1905 courses played (including Temp and Extinct).

He's not on the Forum's though, so he probably doesn't see this thread.

Was on a big road trip these last two weeks and was hoping to get over 800. Sadly I only got to half the courses I had hoped to and fell a few short. I do need to add a few that I played that aren't listed here yet but I think I still fall a couple short.

Was on a big road trip these last two weeks and was hoping to get over 800. Sadly I only got to half the courses I had hoped to and fell a few short. I do need to add a few that I played that aren't listed here yet but I think I still fall a couple short.

How is Goyne Park looking this year? I bagged it a year ago. Loved the layout, and several of those holes memorable 1-2 longs, 5, and 14-15. But those cons were hard to overcome. Thank you for your efforts a few years back to get some work done on it. I hope for a 2nd visit someday.

Last edited:
Goyne has actually dried out compared to years ago. Don't get me wrong those holes that line the creek can still get wet but it has gotten better. It still has it flaws and it has become more popular making it annoying to play at times when busy with the overlaps. Never got anywhere with the county though i wish they would redisign it and allow some the the woods behind to school to be used or by the land the house in front of the pond is on and stretch a couple holes over there.

Just updated my udisc account to reflect played courses and it would seem I have played a lot of extinct course. DGCR 794 Courses, UDisc 683 Courses.

I wonder if anyone has ever thought about a top 10 "holes played in a day times current age."
When I was 51 I played 1114 holes in 24 hours, but these were all on one course. As far as I know, I am the oldest person to have tried to play "The Most Holes of Disc Golf in 24 hours", though.

So my PR for Age x Holes in 24 hours = 51 x 1114 = 56,814

When I was 51 I played 1114 holes in 24 hours, but these were all on one course. As far as I know, I am the oldest person to have tried to play "The Most Holes of Disc Golf in 24 hours", though.

So my PR for Age x Holes in 24 hours = 51 x 1114 = 56,814

One hole every minute and twenty seconds is pretty impressive. I don't think I could play a hole in under two minutes much less keep up that pace for 24 hours.

Considering how he got to 2304 in the first place ...:rolleyes:

It's not hard to imagine Teh_Wood hasn't been all that diligent about updating his courses played. :\

That said, Derek's exploits come sans controversy.

Last edited:

Latest posts