• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Baggers

what did you think of white cedar

I think White Cedar is my favorite course in Wisco I've played so far behind Granite Ridge and Blueberry Hill. Absolutely gorgeous course and was pretty challenging but extremely fair even for an intermediate level player such as myself.

Not sure if you've been out to Mont Du Lac yet but I played the Eagle's Peak course this past summer in 90 degree heat / no wind and basically had to lay down on the hillside near hole 15's basket for a good 5 minutes because I was so damn exhausted trudging up and down those ski hills :|

I paid the $20 daily fee to play one out of four courses on site but luckily when I came back the next day, the weather was like 10 degrees cooler but with a LOT of wind and a tiny bit of rain. The guy at the desk just said screw it and didn't charge me another day fee. I think he felt bad that I only played one course the day before and I also had a hard time finding exactly where to go since the layout was recently updated and they didn't have any recent maps printed nor was uDisc's layout updated.

So yea, when people think disc golf isn't a real sport, bring them to a ski hill course for their first round and see if they still hold the same opinion.

I haven't played that one yet but I have hit a couple that are a serious workout, similar to what that sounds like. The ski hill courses are definitely not for the faint of heart. Even Tailings comes to mind.

I think White Cedar is my favorite course in Wisco I've played so far behind Granite Ridge and Blueberry Hill. Absolutely gorgeous course and was pretty challenging but extremely fair even for an intermediate level player such as myself.

I still haven't played Mont Du Lac. I need to make it up there this year hopefully.

I did try 2 years ago, but the week I picked there was some kind of archery fest or something going on lol. Got to throw with elmex and show him the fine art of adding crappy courses to DGCR though. ;)

Mrs. wolf smashed chains at U of M Duluff too. Solid trip regardless, but missing MDL still stings.

haha, not yet but i hope to make it to that many courses played one day. you have double mine, i could imagine it happening as i continue to age

Have any of you course baggers ever driven to a course and realized you already played it previously but just forgot to mark it as a course played on dgcr or udisc?

This happened to me last year on my way back from my mom's with Meyer Creek in Calhoun, KY.

Uh, no ... but I'll be sure to watch for that affliction once I get over 500 courses! :D

The "Exclude Already Played" selection on the Course Map really helps with that. Hopefully, I'll soon be back in an area where I've played a lot of courses, but not all of them. That Premium feature will be very handy. :thmbup:

There's a course about an hour south of me that I think I've played, but can't remember for sure. It's a crappy niner, so after a few years, the memories kind of blend together. Nothing else good in the vicinity, so I haven't made the trip down to bag (or rebag) it yet.

Have any of you course baggers ever driven to a course and realized you already played it previously but just forgot to mark it as a course played on dgcr or udisc?

This happened to me last year on my way back from my mom's with Meyer Creek in Calhoun, KY.

yup

and for this course that apparently i was tryna forget

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4056

No, can't say I have, but, I have played holes & felt a deja vu of another course (or even another hole on the same course. :D

Nope. Haven't played so many courses that that I have trouble keeping that straight.

But as course count and age increase (and memory decreases)... kinda seems like a possibility.

Guilty

I have found both courses I had not played but marked and courses I have played but didn't remember.

For some reason I had a course in Corpus Christi marked as played. I didn't remember ever playing it so i showed up to make sure and I didn't recognize it. I believe I recorded it as my 500th course.

I showed up to a course in Arkansas to play it and recognized it right off the bat, I apparently had missed marking it. I was there so I played it anyways and then marked it as played.

Recently I played Roswell NM. I came across a post from years ago on FB that said I played a round there. Yet I didn't have it marked and could not remember it at all.

I actually planned a day trip to NM just to figure this one out and collect others I could reach in a day. Sure enough, I recognized the area, but did not remember anything other than I do believe it was a 9 hole course at the time.

I actually have gotten to know the designer of the original 9 hole course P-Katt. He informed me he got the first 9 in, when I added the pictures I took of the course, I realized that no one had put in the new 9 holes. It didn't look like the original 9 had changed. So I am not going to count the original 9 and the new 18 as 2 different courses. I only would count the OG if the course changed. (I do try to make it back to courses if they add to them, but I only count them as a new course played if the original layout was changed along with the added holes)

Other than that, I recently found a course I didn't have listed on UDisc as "played" It was one I played a few months ago. I actually don't think it was listed on UDisc at the time. I remember not having a map and having to figure it out on the fly.

I recently, the last couple, few nights tried to update my courses played on Udisc to my "actual" courses played on DGCR. That was a whole ordeal and I'm within 50 or so. So Probably done correctly, minus the extinct ones.

I don't believe I've played a course I've played before unknowingly. I like to think I do a good job tracking that stuff. The last couple, few days says otherwise :p

It'll happen. Hasn't happened yet. I think. Maybe. ;)

Have any of you course baggers ever driven to a course and realized you already played it previously but just forgot to mark it as a course played on dgcr

Unfortunately, yes. It happened once in greater ATL and another time years later in Nashville. After the ATL debacle I updraded my account to use the courses played feature. The Nashville replay was thankfully a redesign, which I enjoyed thoroughly.

Well, after 55 weeks living in FL, I was able to bag 74 courses (now 75 total), including the Highest rated, Green Gauntlet, and the Oldest, Northside. And now #17 on the Top Baggers list, the second state for me!

We left FL today and will make it to Maine next month. Hoping to bag another Country while there, plus the Highest rated, oldest and another Top Baggers list! :thmbup:

Well, after 55 weeks living in FL, I was able to bag 74 courses (now 75 total), including the Highest rated, Green Gauntlet, and the Oldest, Northside. And now #17 on the Top Baggers list, the second state for me!

We left FL today and will make it to Maine next month. Hoping to bag another Country while there, plus the Highest rated, oldest and another Top Baggers list! :thmbup:

Getting out of Florida alive is reason to cheer!! HUZZAH sir. :thmbup:

Southern Maine from what I'm hearing is totally playable, probably some mud you'll have to contend with depending on the course. Northern Maine still has a lot of snow on the ground but we're getting close/into the 60's this week so it shouldn't be an issue much longer.