• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Baggers

Gotta show up wearing a full on black suit w/ tie and introduce yourself as an official federal disc golf course inspector. Explain that playing their course is part of the process to determine whether the course is operational or not.

Then before you leave, hold up a silver disc retriever pole and ask them to look directly at it while a bright light flashes out of it.

Course Baggers #2, #13, and #16 on DGCR were together this weekend at the 3Disc Conference hosted by Houck Design.
Who is Course Bagger #2?
In the "Top Baggers on Earth" tab, depending on which boxes you check, #2 is A.Lind or Teh_Wood. Are either of these the #2 that you meant?

While I'm at it... since the numbering seems off, who is #13 and #16? I assume that you are one of these...

happy to report my son is now on here (2armmonster_46920), he is 12 years old and has played 387 courses to date. 355 on dgcr and the rest he has listed on his dgcr profile page. I helped him figure out the total last week. Hes been with me at almost 600 courses but only played 387 of them. Now he plays them all. He will easily get to 400 before he turns 13, and I foresee him hitting a lot more in his youth.

happy to report my son is now on here (2armmonster_46920), he is 12 years old and has played 387 courses to date. 355 on dgcr and the rest he has listed on his dgcr profile page. I helped him figure out the total last week. Hes been with me at almost 600 courses but only played 387 of them. Now he plays them all. He will easily get to 400 before he turns 13, and I foresee him hitting a lot more in his youth.

Nice. He's probably played more courses than I'll ever play in my lifetime.

Hit 400+ today. Started bagging about a year and a half ago and don't see any signs of slowing down anytime soon..

Well, until I run out of courses within a 3 hour drive radius.

Holy cow! A 3 hour radius barely gets me 50 courses. :wall:

Lion Jr. is literally following in the Old Man's footsteps!

he's a much better player then me with more talent. He actually won his 12 pdga event of the year yesterday. I like to tell people Ive prepared him to play any course and throw any line necessary. I drag him everywhere and promise him shakes on every trip. Kids rail thin, but tall. I hope he sticks with it. pdga 46920

Lion Jr. is literally following in the Old Man's footsteps!

I live really close to the Chicagoland area too which is easily 30+ courses in less than an hour drive. I think I've offically bagged every course in that area + Rockford and now I'm starting to move West towards Iowa lol.

That brings up an interesting stat. How may miles from home would you have "cleared out" if you only played the nearest courses to get up to your current count?

For me, I've played 516 and there are 516 courses within 175 miles of my zip code. So, it's like I've played every course within 175 miles.

Who has the largest radius?

Another wrinkle would be who has the most (and least) per mile? 516/175 is 2.95 courses per mile of radius.

That brings up an interesting stat. How may miles from home would you have "cleared out" if you only played the nearest courses to get up to your current count?

For me, I've played 516 and there are 516 courses within 175 miles of my zip code. So, it's like I've played every course within 175 miles.

Who has the largest radius?

Another wrinkle would be who has the most (and least) per mile? 516/175 is 2.95 courses per mile of radius.

i dont know your exact zip code but you may need to relook

you dont have rush city or lakeview park in janesville (just quick examples cuz theyre newer and i dont have them either haha)

My DGCR range goes in 25 mile increments up to 125. Is that because I have the free version?

i dont know your exact zip code but you may need to relook

you dont have rush city or lakeview park in janesville (just quick examples cuz theyre newer and i dont have them either haha)

I didn't say I had played all the courses within 175 miles. I said there are as many courses within 175 miles as the number of courses I have played.

There are a lot of courses within 175 miles that I have not played; the same number as the courses outside of 175 miles that I have played.

So, yeah, I have not actually "cleaned out" this radius. Sort-of kind-of did the equivalent-ish.

What tool/site are you using to determine this? The radius search here goes to 300, but after 100 miles it is in 50 mile increments...or are you just interpolating?

I used the zip code search with "Any" distance. (I check temp and practice, because I count those) They are listed by distance, and each course listed has a distance with it. I get 20 courses per page, so I go to page 26 and look how far away the 16th course is.

And doing that today, my radius has gone down to 170 miles.

Only 1552 courses show up from that search, so I don't know how someone with more than
that would do it.

Using the 125 mile range from Calumet, MI I get 42 courses, however 4 of the courses in the 125 mile range are across Lake Superior (8 hours drive time).

Furthermore, the 125 range includes a few courses that are over 3 hours drive time and omits numerous courses that are within 3 hours drive time.

I'm showing 207 courses within 150 miles of my zip code. I think I've played about 36 of them. In my defense, I don't think a lot of them are worth traveling to play.

I'm showing 219 courses within 125 miles of my zip code. When I filter to eliminate those I've played, 45 remain.

So I've played 174 (80%) of the courses listed in DGCR that are within 125 miles.

Dang, I am showing 722 courses within 150 miles of me (not counting practice). Got some serious work to do with a bag count only near 135. There are 146 within 50 miles--I haven't even got to break even at 50 miles. :(