• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Closure--Heritage Trails, Slinger, WI

The foot golf course appears to be fully installed but I didn't see any payment kiosks. I forgot to mention, they have two pin locations mapped out per a hole. I believe the previous layout only had one pin per a hole.

The designer must have a warped sense of humor... after designing a mostly wide open course, he has two practice baskets located in a thin/sloped section of woods.

After walking the course again, I think people will be generally very happy with the re-design. There are three new holes that could be considered "signature". Despite my earlier comments, there are really only 4 holes that are wide open and three of those incorporate elevation which takes away from the wide open feel. How well the course is rated will depend on the maintenance and installation (teepads, signs, etc) but the design is strong enough for this to be a 4+ rated course.

I don't know. That would be my guess considering he designed the original. I am assuming that the budget wasn't available to install a higher caliber course on the first go around. I think the county is providing the labor to clear out the fairways. There is a high-grade and scary looking wood chipper on-site and work is happening weekdays only.

The original design there was not bad. It was a fairly long course for it's day, and made pretty good use of the land available. It's just that the land available was only an average piece of land.

The first couple of reviews are not exactly pushing me to want to check out the redesign, but I likely will as I have family in the area. Based on the few pictures from Mocheez, and the course map, it looks like perhaps a few holes have baskets and/or tees just barely in the woods. Otherwise, I'm having a hard time seeing how this is much different from the first version. It appears to be free, so at least that's one major change.

Yeah, that was my Heritage review up there. I just wasn't excited about it. It's really nice prairie golf...which is to say, it's just slightly better than boring. A few spots of nice elevation, but at the end of the day, you're still throwing at wide open baskets.

Mocheez, that wasn't you we saw that Saturday morning at 8am, was it?

Yeah, that was my Heritage review up there. I just wasn't excited about it. It's really nice prairie golf...which is to say, it's just slightly better than boring. A few spots of nice elevation, but at the end of the day, you're still throwing at wide open baskets.

Mocheez, that wasn't you we saw that Saturday morning at 8am, was it?

It probably was... tall/lanky with green hat? Were you the guys I talked to briefly in the parking lot?

Last edited:
Stardoggy's review is pretty accurate. I would rate it a little higher and give it 3 stars now and maybe 3.5 when they level off and add teepads. I've played a fraction of the number of courses as Stardoggy though... so his opinion should hold more value.

It's a fun course if you can keep the disc in the fairway but the surrounding land always makes me think about how much better it could be. I treat the unmowed prairie grass as being out of bounds... that adds to the challenge. Plus, it heightens my focus on landing in the fairway which means less time spent searching for discs.

The pins are tucked into the woods on #1, 5, & 7. #2 is 200 feet open then dog leg right 80-100 ft uphill through a wooded tunnel. #3 plays downhill about 100ft through a wooded tunnel, then opens up to about 500 feet of open prairie with pins behind a couple of evergreens. #4 is short and open but the woodchip island with drop zone makes it more interesting. #6 is all open across a valley. #8 is the same except longer and mostly downhill. #9 is similar to #8 but you are throwing out of the woods on a steeper downhill slope and the pins are off to the right.

A lot of the back 9 is similar to the old layout but the holes they added are an improvement. #10 is fun when the pin is to the left... there is a drop off behind the basket and it is surrounded by smaller trees (currently, the basket is downhill to the right which is blind, and mostly open). #11 is long, open, and uphill. #12 is wooded... awesome hole in the long position, boring in the short position (currently short). #13 is old 14, #14 is old 15, #15 is old 16, #16 is old 17 but much longer. #17 is old #18 but the trees have grown to provide something to throw around. #18 is downhill about 300 ft, then hooks slightly left with baskets another 200-250 uphill. There are several smaller trees that will make this hole more interesting as they grow... currently you can just throw over them.

Latest posts