• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

This happened at home. My son and I are in the back yard playing. A couple of squirrels are running around my son likes to watch them play. So as squirrels are playing all hell breaks loose in the trees in my backyard birds squawking other squirrels chirping. All the sudden a Hawk swoops in and grabs one of the squirrels and flies off. My favorite part of this was the conversation with my 4 year old son after words.

Dad what's the bird doing with the squirrel
He's taking him flying was my response
Dad where are they going.
I believe they are going out for dinner buddy.

hahahaa, great last line! Thanks for the lol!

Here's a nice little deer that played with us for a couple holes at Highland Road Park in Baton Rouge. It didn't want any of my Clif Bar, just wanted to sniff me.

Deer%20and%20more%20023%20Shrunk.jpg

Deer%20and%20more%20026%20Shrunk.jpg

I left my camera at home today which is unfortunate. I went to the local desert property designated in our City's Master plan as being the next property for a Disc Golf Course. Ive already mapped and layed out 16 holes there and have spent quite a bit of time on the land and seen an awful lot of desert life and flora (including blooming cacti with a beautiful backdrop of our local lake and mountains) but today was the first time I saw Coyote. They were chasing after a big rabbit a little more than 300' away from me. There were 2 of them out in the middle of nowhere. I think I may have found inspiration for the Courses' name once that stage of course design comes in.

Ill bring my camera next week to Kingman AZ and try to get some pictures of the Dog sized Jackrabbits. And maybe Ill get lucky enough for pictures of some of those coyotes as well.

Thank You GDBP! This thread hasn't been seen in over two months. This is one of my favorite.

I have another pic of a squirrel but it's not as cute or as alive as that deer, if anyone wants me to put it up.

I saw a skunk out at Manville Oaks over the weekend, it was a particularly fat one that couldn't really walk, it just waddled slowly across the course.

My home course has natural sink holes that fill up with water and act like 10' x 20' sand traps.

Last summer we had a full grown snapping turtle that would wander from one sink to the other, so you never knew where he was. It made disc retrieval a lot more nerve wrecking. Had a water moccasin in one of the sinks for a week or so too.

Ill bring my camera next week to Kingman AZ and try to get some pictures of the Dog sized Jackrabbits. And maybe Ill get lucky enough for pictures of some of those coyotes as well.

As big as rottweilers or as big as yorkies? By which I mean "dog sized" doesn't do much for me without photos. :(

Well this is not really a critter but we did spot this thing on #12 at Eastway in Charlotte yesterday. What happened was the animal control van tried to drive back in the woods along #13 and sank to the axles, then the rollback trying to get him out got stuck himself, then they called in the big boy and had to cable winch them out to the road, Just for the record the pin for #12 is behind the big Peterbuilt about 30 feet. Our whole group had to throw over top of the Peterbuilt.....cost me a bogey LOL

Attachments

• Rollback.jpg
    Rollback.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Wrecker.jpg
    Wrecker.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 79
one of my regular courses is clearwater/pleasant lake in Annandale MN, and holes 3-8 are somewhat in the woods, so squirrles and snakes are pretty common and ive even seen a pair of bald eagles on the open part of the course. but my family said there was a bear roaming anround that area but my friend and i didnt belive them because bears arent reall common around our part of MN. and when you are playing this course, on hole ten you can see the pin of hole 11, whis is about 300 yards away from the teepad of 10, but my friend and i were playing at close to dusk and we saw that bear from hole ten, it was at the basket of hole 11, and we basically had to walk the whole course backwards to get back to the car and avoid the bear, it was kinda scary

I was going out to throw a few discs in my backyard course and I found these guys in the way: . they are always dropping turds on my fairway!

@Chainseeker: Awesome story. Welcome to DGCR.

@gripNrip: Black Bear? That would be cool to see!

I went and played yesterday with my dog, despite the zero degree windchill. Doc doesn't usually bark, but this hollow log got him to. Stick my face down there to see what's in there: RRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr goes the big black Cat. Ok, cya.

As big as rottweilers or as big as yorkies? By which I mean "dog sized" doesn't do much for me without photos. :(

Plenty bigger than yorkies, but not as big as a large dog. Very large by rabbit standards, I will be there at an ice bowl on Saturday and will try to get a good picture. They're very jumpy so it may be hard to get a good picture but I'll try my best. For western AZ we'll have close to Ice bowl weather, but not even close to what a lot of you are dealing with. Today Kingman is a low of 19, high of 38 with 25 mph winds, but Saturday will be a high of 64, low of 40, with 14mph winds. Hopefully the jackrabbits won't all be in hiding.

Latest posts