• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

5410157021_6929f2914d.jpg
[/url]
[/IMG]

These are what was left of a snake at the beginning of December at the same course, Cactus Flats in Kingman AZ. The snake on top of the basket was already there on hole 3, and the rest of the snake I found in the fairway of the 5th hole.
Photo turned out pretty well for taking it with my iPhone.

WTF happened to that poor snake? Did it get run over or did some predator have it for lunch?

My drive landed right next to this little snake, then a week later my friend's disc landed right next to him again!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20110112_153626-small.jpg
    IMG_20110112_153626-small.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 286
I just played Lake Casitas on sunday, today about 20 mosquito bites have popped up. Ugh.

My drive landed right next to this little snake, then a week later my friend's disc landed right next to him again!

attachment.php

nice cali king there. good to see it alive. i used to have one but i mostly have boas and venomous stuff now.

couple weeks ago there was a dead raccoon frozen in the top of the ice on a water hole with the most terrified look in its face..... now there is a stinky floating raccoon face down.

The coolest thing I have come across while playing was an Owl. Thing watched us for a while then took off. The thing had a massive wingspan.

nice cali king there.
venomous stuff

Love the documentarys that show Rattlers run like hell when they sense a King in the area. I have a Cal King. He's gettin old, near 15 now I think. I also have a couple Boas. Columbian, and a Rosy.

Havn't seen any snakes yet this year. I know they're there tho. Have seen a few lizards tho.

I don't have any pictures, so you'll have to take my word, but so far I've seen:
Squirrels, Deer, Rabbits, Raccoons, Lizards, Grass Snakes, and my favorite, Turkeys.
Oh and Hawks, along with a variety of lame, small birds.

Nothing dangerous, nothing exotic, just cool critters to gaze at as I wander through the 'wilderness' of suburban Southwestern Connecticut.

Last edited:
Love the documentarys that show Rattlers run like hell when they sense a King in the area. I have a Cal King. He's gettin old, near 15 now I think. I also have a couple Boas. Columbian, and a Rosy.

Havn't seen any snakes yet this year. I know they're there tho. Have seen a few lizards tho.

you guys get to see the good stuff there in texas. most will consider it strange but id love to encounter some crotalus while out discin.
do you have sugar gliders too? better keep those away from the boas. :) my snakes get there own room so no pets or people get to interact with them aside from me.

There's a black snake that lives in a set of bushes right by Ronnie Van Zant's 12th basket. It isn't afraid of humans and as aggressive as all hell. Once tried to bite my leg, but I had jeans on.

I'm always surprised to see it... alive. There's so many people in this park, I keep expecting to hear that it's dead because it happened to show itself to someone who kills anything with scales and no legs, just because it has scales and no legs.

3/27/2011 A Red Tailed Hawk was on the right side of fairway on Hole 18 at South Mountain Park in Bethlehem, PA. Didn't notice it until my girlfriend (who took this photo from her phone) threw her approach. Ironically, the hawk watched the entire flight path of the disc. Pretty cool way to end a round.

picture.php

I almost hit a squirrel last week, and the squirrel I almost hit let out this panicked SCREAM that was a distress call to all of the other squirrels nearby...so about 5' to the left of where I am another squirrel heads the call...and just LOSES HIS MIND. He runs right at me, right past me, and up a tree to the right of me about 15'.

The funny thing is this freaking out squirrel is SUPER FAT. This is a rec course at a YMCA next to some picnic tables and I'm sure this guy is a total food hound. His belly was flopping on the ground! He was waddling! He looked like every Disney short fat bald man who's in a hurry...in real life...in the form of a squirrel.

I saw him later on the second lap...he's my favorite squirrel ever.

\/\/

Thats one awesome squirrel.

Stafford Lake has a large amount of rabbits, ground squirrels, deer, turkeys, turkey vultures that I see every time on the course(occasionally red tailed hawks too)...we have alot of mountain lions and coyotes in the area as well so I wouldnt be surprised to see them at some point.

Somewhat related and funny. Was playing another local course the other day and I saw a disc in a private property field adjacent to the course (hole 6 at crane creek). I was negotiating the unstable, barbed wire fence when my friends warned me of the large sheep dogs a 1/4 mile away guarding their herd. I looked up, wobbled, and then got shocked from the electric wire on the fence. I still managed to get over without entangling in the barbed wire or getting shocked again, but when I got to the disc 50 feet away it was just some glass reflecting in the sun....BS. Next hole the dogs noticed us by their fence retrieving one of our discs and came running and barking at us...lucky they didnt see me the previous hole.

Latest posts