• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

A crow ate part of my lunch while I wasn't looking last week. One of the guys was giving me a hard time because I didn't just eat around the pecked at parts. Screw him and screw that d*ck bird. I WILL have my revenge.

Damn soul chickens. When I was in boot camp, we'd leave our packs in a field during firing practice. We were told, in no uncertain terms, that if you didn't pack your MRE (meal ready to eat, which were in THICK plastic bags) deep in your bag, that the crows would come and snatch them out. At least 3-5 people went without lunch every day.

This weekend I saw 4 Gray Whales, tons of dolphins, harbor seals, sea lions, sea otters and sand crabs at a beach house we rented in Aptos near Santa Cruz. I had a practice basket on the beach that the little kids just loved.

this guy startled me, but it didn't have a rattle so I chased it off the course. bull snake I believe.

Attachments

• snake.jpg
    snake.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 165
I set my bag down on a snake yesterday. We both noticed. I was calm, but from my position levitating 4' off the ground, I couldn't I.D. him before he got away. I was, however, slightly concerned that my upcoming 15' putt would land 2 fairways away.

I set my bag down on a snake yesterday. We both noticed. I was calm, but from my position levitating 4' off the ground, I couldn't I.D. him before he got away. I was, however, slightly concerned that my upcoming 15' putt would land 2 fairways away.

Nice. Foot fault!

No picture, but I had a skunk walk across the fairway the other day, late afternoon. He seemed content on minding his own business, so I let him be.

Could have been exciting if he were closer to the action and someone was throwing a drive.....:gross:

Found this mama snapping turtle (I think that's what it was anyway) just sitting out in the open about five feet away from a basket yesterday, laying her eggs in the sandy ground. Was glad we didn't hit her on our approach:

turtle_zpsp8dpyocp.jpg

aesxrik8

Found this guy on my course on hole 14... guess he was hurt or something... I got within a couple feet of him

Last edited:
I played a couple rounds at Silverview today for nostalgia, when I threw on hole 9, right after my disc leaves my hand, a coyote emerged from the woods. My disc went over his head, he just watched it sail, even turned his head as it went past, then he continued across the fairway into the other side of the woods. I know coyotes are pack hunters, so I am just glad I did not get flanked. First time seeing a coyote this close to the Twin Cities, they are following the whitetails into the park reserves for sure.

NC/VA Trip

Ran into this brute on the way from the course at Fun Junktion to the parking lot.

picture.php

Then, after finishing #1 at Loriella ran into this on the way to tee #2. I think that it was getting irritated with my taking pics, as you can see from the more aggressive posture in the 2nd picture. It slithered away into the woods, though, no problem.

picture.php

picture.php

My tourney card heard a squirrel fall out of a tree or got thrown out of it the other day, we thought a big branch fell down. Then all we see is a squirrel limping around dazed and another squirrel making noise in the tree, probably laughing or...

4329631-2372207452-highl.jpg

Latest posts