• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

On Monday, we were totaling up scores at the Bucksnort pavilion.
2 bucks rolled through up the ridge from us, then a doe, then another buck.
"Bucksnort" apparently not a misnomer.

(Sorry, no pix...I was pretty slow to the phone by that time.)

That ^^^ reminds me of critters that almost ran into me on a course...

Hole 11 at Winget. I was alone, or thought I was. I bent to pick up my disc, which was snuggled under the basket. As I was straightening up, I hear some *crackling* sounds (not my lower back, haw!), and looked up to see a doe and two juveniles about 50 feet away in a little pocket of trees. At the same time my brain caught up with my eyeballs, they came bounding out, straight for me. Took them about two or three good hops and they were on me. I literally tried to climb into the basket. I mean, I failed to get in the thing, but I think it saved me, anyway. The big one was close enough for me to smell as she went by. It was see/think/bounce-bounce/*sniff*/slight heart attack -- and poof...gone like Keyser Soze. Crazy experience.

Crocodiles, alligators, iguanas, other lizards, deer, raccoons, armadillos, rattlesnakes, other snakes, owls, hawks, eagles, osprey, ducks, geese, egrets other birds, squirrels, rabbits, dogs, humans, frogs...

We had an owl swoop in on a drive the other day on hole 13. Never heard of that before!

Crocodiles, alligators, iguanas, other lizards, deer, raccoons, armadillos, rattlesnakes, other snakes, owls, hawks, eagles, osprey, ducks, geese, egrets other birds, squirrels, rabbits, dogs, humans, frogs...

POIDH

This little fella decided to wander over my disc just as I was picking the disc up and I just about crapped my pants. Once I realized what exactly it was then it was time to take out the phone and start shooting pictures. This was on Hole 15 at River Park in Benton Harbor, MI.

-Dave

Attachments

• HappySnake.jpg
    HappySnake.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 292
Right next to the practice basket on Eglin AFB this weekend.

Apparently, ODR notified animal control, though I doubt anyone responded as it was still chilling there hours later.

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_103650653.jpg
    IMG_20180929_103650653.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 145
^ Been years since I've seen one, but if my memory serves me, that's a Cottonmouth.
Used to see them hanging around canals and creeks growing up in SoFla.

^ Been years since I've seen one, but if my memory serves me, that's a Cottonmouth.

I don't think Michigan has Cottonmouth or Water Moccasin snakes. I would venture a guess at a Queen snake.

Would not mess with it either way!!

Sorry Bogey, I was referring to davetherocketguy's post, not Mr. Butlertron's post. Which after I made the post, I realized you were referring too. Need more coffee.

Right next to the practice basket on Eglin AFB this weekend.

Apparently, ODR notified animal control, though I doubt anyone responded as it was still chilling there hours later.

Definitely Cottonmouth.

Dave was fortunate to catch the snake with it's mouth open... makes for a more striking image.
attachment.php

Latest posts