• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I saw a dude riding a bike, with a goat/ram on a leash at Veteran's park. It was the definition of awkward.

Taylor park

IMG_20130328_162408_zpsa17463b9.jpg

image.jpg

Found a dead cat :/. Eyes are gone, looks like it had been there for a little while

The most wild things i've seen at my local course are the Garter snakes during mating season, they're everywhere, you can't throw a shot without running into a few of them. I've also seen what I believed to be a spider dart from a drain pipe into some tall grass, it was black and about the size of my entire hand, it was so fast I couldnt tell exactly what it was.

View attachment 36930
Taylor park

IMG_20130328_162408_zpsa17463b9.jpg

I really enjoy seeing Alligators, from a distance. If you are ever in Charleston, take the ferry over to Bull Island and go to alligator alley. There are probably a couple of hundred in there and it is pretty intimidating. Alligators lay eggs this time of year in SC. That is one of the reasons I do not play West Ashley right now. There is one part of the course where I have seen gator slides in a transistion from 14 basket to 15 teepad and mounds where eggs may have been laid in the past.

Attachments

• bi 061 web.jpg
    bi 061 web.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 68
Wish I had pictures...

Playing the 303 Ams, 2nd day at CHU in the middle of downtown Denver there was a big coyote running around the course. It was really scared with all the people around.

A couple days later, probably 75 miles south (at my local course) I saw another coyote, but it was sneaky and dissapeared real quick. Other than those, all I really see around here are snakes.

598817_10151359163722843_1110573068_n.jpg

Bush turkey in Australia...shortly after we spotted a wedge tail eagle circling, but he left before I could snap a photo...rare to see at the best of times.

No pics...yet...but the rattlesnakes are starting to pop up in San Antonio. Already heard of two reports and saw one pic of a good sized one. :\ Hopefully, I won't be picking one up this year like last year. Picked up my Pure at the basket and this little dood was coiled up underneath. I should have been bitten several times, but wasn't thankfully. He just sat there. Never ever knew a rattler to be so calm after being picked up. Most likely won't happen again, either. Stretched out, he is about 15-16" long. Just a youngin, but still dangerous enough.

Edit...I should have said I picked him up along with my Pure....that would be more accurate.

Attachments

• Phone pics 235.jpg
    Phone pics 235.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 137
Buddy and I were out practicing the other day and saw a group of 3 hawks across the field. My buddy started trying to mimic them and they came to check us out immediately. Having 3 hawks circling you while you drive off of a huge hill seems like good mojo to me!

Bald Eagle at Pinto Lake. (http://pintolakediscgolf.com). We didn't know what it was when we saw it, but it was a lot bigger than the redtail hawks we normally see, and not a Vulture. A smaller bird was dive bombing it. Then their was an article in the paper about them that weekend. BTW: The Bald Eagles didn't move in until the course was cleaned up for the 2011 Worlds.

I see a Bobcat once in a while at Delaveaga . Also saw a Great Horned Owl there once around twilight.

I was playing hole 5 at my local course and threw my approach into the woods, and on the quest to look for it I saw two baby skunks and a mama skunk, then i noticed my disc 5 ft away from them. Mama skunk didn't look very happy to see me either, but maybe that part was just in my head. Needless to say I cheated and I picked up my disc and ran out of there.

Latest posts