• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Yep, bald eagles are a perfect metaphor for our American oligarchs----let someone else do all the work, then steal it and take all the credit.

I did, however, watch a baldy dive into a pool below a rapid on the Skykomish river, then swim to the bank and drag a 15 lb. steelhead up on the bank and start feasting. Not discing, on a whitewater run.

Last edited:
Took a raft trip in Alaska a few years back and the stretch of river was a sanctuary for Eagles. Hundreds of them. They are indeed a pretty nasty, trashy bird. You rarely hear their actual call in the movies or TV, they generally dub in a Hawk call.

And specifically, the Red-Tailed Hawk is what is used for Bald Eagle sounds.

Saw this little guys on the chains after I smashed the putt... It's an elevated basket. He didn't seem to mind at all.

The turtle had built his/her (I didn't check) nest in the roots of a downed tree right near by.

Both at Pirate Point course in Fernandina Beach Florida. One of the weirdest courses you'll find. Really small plot of land at the high school, with 25+ baskets and 100+ unique holes to play.

Attachments

• IMG_6261.jpg
    IMG_6261.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6259.jpg
    IMG_6259.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 64
in lander i came up on a pheasant within a couple feet & we looked each other in the eyes for a couple seconds; i go for my phone & he books it, so i got this
attachment.php

in twin falls i throw a great drive inside the circle on 15; i get to my disc, line up toward the basket and looking down from right above me is this
attachment.php

so a little distracted & rushed i missed my putt & 1 of the 2 flew off
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20220526_171150.jpg
    20220526_171150.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 20220529_094728_resized.jpg
    20220529_094728_resized.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 20220529_095136_resized.jpg
    20220529_095136_resized.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 230
Not to take anything away from the beautiful moth or the deer...But man, those owls! What a cool thing to see. And having run across a few in my day, it's always a little unnerving, the way they stare back. It's like they're saying, "I could take you if I wanted to, but I'm just gonna chill right here and assert my superiority without even blinking."

Really cool photo.

It was turtle day at the home course Munden Point.

Left Photo: A Pig and a Turtle. The red basket is 7 long, the fairway is off to my right. In the distance to the left is 9 short, and 9 long is behind the group of trees, the fairway comes from the left, and you see the North Landing River in the background R.I.P about 7-9 of my discs in 2 1/2 years.

Middle: That same turtle about 6-8 minutes later made a trek of more than 200 feet to long basket 9, short basket is behind me, and the turtle is hauling a$$ to the North Landing River. Way in the background is the direction to the #10 tee about 1/3rd of a mile a scenic walk with the river to the left. At the half mark is parking with a boat ramp, and on occasion with a round starting around 630am I may see Navy Seal Teams operating small boat maneuvers overnight and finishing up. I always check to see if my son is among them, he is team support.

Right: This turtle decided to lay eggs right in the middle of the 17 fairway, not a good place. Short basket is up in the middle behind the trees, and long is to the right. 18th tee to the left. Off in the distance in the clearing is the North Landing River not uncommon to have a wind tunnel towards 17 with wind gust of 40, and I've played has high as 60 mph. Fairways 12-14 cross closer to the river and can get some good wind play there. Good course to learn to play the wind.

Saw more than a dozen eagles, but can never get a good photo.

Attachments

• Turtle1.jpg
    Turtle1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Turtle2.jpg
    Turtle2.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Turtle3.jpg
    Turtle3.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 43
82fd0d6c10e18bc54bf230e3c32854a4.jpg

241c58c6dd53caf7c6f0a9dd171b7a8b.jpeg

Following is a text I sent to the regular Wednesday old farts who played here at Ramcat this morning.

Funny as hell! I don't think any of y'all noticed me messing with the fence lizard on the tree when I went to pick up my disc past the basket on #18. Anyway I was flushing her around the tree and felt it hop onto the front of my shirt. I looked down and didn't see it so I just walked on over to Ubes disc to putt. Several minutes later I'm in the kitchen and felt something good sized run over my ear onto the top of my head. I swatted it and there she was on the floor. Didn't hurt her. Carried her back to the same tree where I found her since she was obviously gravid. Damndest thing. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82fd0d6c10e18bc54bf230e3c32854a4.jpg

241c58c6dd53caf7c6f0a9dd171b7a8b.jpeg

Following is a text I sent to the regular Wednesday old farts who played here at Ramcat this morning.

Funny as hell! I don't think any of y'all noticed me messing with the fence lizard on the tree when I went to pick up my disc past the basket on #18. Anyway I was flushing her around the tree and felt it hop onto the front of my shirt. I looked down and didn't see it so I just walked on over to Ubes disc to putt. Several minutes later I'm in the kitchen and felt something good sized run over my ear onto the top of my head. I swatted it and there she was on the floor. Didn't hurt her. Carried her back to the same tree where I found her since she was obviously gravid. Damndest thing. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you're not the father... :p

Latest posts