• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Cycling Maces

I dont understand your beef, this is what happens when you hit trees and will help break it in

I agree with horsmanm, having a few dings, scuffs & chips is great b/c it helps your discs beat in nicely. I cycle DX/KC Rocs & my most flippy Roc looks a lot worse than the picture of the Mace. To the OP I feel that cycling ZH Maces would work great.

everyone seems to forget about how excellent zero is in wet conditions. if i were cycling maces id absolutely have at least one fresh ZH Mace in the bag at all times.

I was VERY disappointed with Zero Hard plastic. I had a ZH First Run mace (FR stamp and everything) had it in my bag for 3-4 rounds, hit ONE single tree with it with some serious velocity behind it, and then this happens; http://imgur.com/a/shMmH

i'm selling that dickhead Mace for CHEAP if you wanna try it out despite the fact that it's still in great shape except that one ****ing ding.

man ive been laughing all day thinking about this post.

I was VERY disappointed with Zero Hard plastic. I had a ZH First Run mace (FR stamp and everything) had it in my bag for 3-4 rounds, hit ONE single tree with it with some serious velocity behind it, and then this happens; http://imgur.com/a/shMmH

i'm selling that dickhead Mace for CHEAP if you wanna try it out despite the fact that it's still in great shape except that one ****ing ding.

Lol what did you expect? Clearly you want a premium plastic midrange that will beat in slowly so stick with your GL. For kc pro/dx throwers ZH plastic is quite excellent IMO. It is really stiff, grippy, and plenty durable for a baseline. Maces cycle perfectly btw, great disc in ZH.

Thanks for the input everybody:) I'm gonna have to give cycling maces a try. I'll keep ya'll posted posted on how it works for me.

Update:

So I picked up a 180 ZH Mace and I'm loving it. It's had about a week of heavy use and it's starting to straighten out and handle some annys. It pairs nice with my GL Mace. I plan on getting a few more ZH ones and completing the cycle. I've never been so excited to get my mids down :D

Update:

So I picked up a 180 ZH Mace and I'm loving it. It's had about a week of heavy use and it's starting to straighten out and handle some annys. It pairs nice with my GL Mace. I plan on getting a few more ZH ones and completing the cycle. I've never been so excited to get my mids down :D

Three ZH Maces & a GL, sounds like a solid setup to me. I meet this kid with a disc that he claimed to be an Opto Mace. It had a custom grim reaper stamp on it so I couldn't be sure. It felt like a Mace in my hand & it had the Lat64 markings on the bottom. If you ever see one I'd recommend picking one up for your overstable duties.

Three ZH Maces & a GL, sounds like a solid setup to me. I meet this kid with a disc that he claimed to be an Opto Mace. It had a custom grim reaper stamp on it so I couldn't be sure. It felt like a Mace in my hand & it had the Lat64 markings on the bottom. If you ever see one I'd recommend picking one up for your overstable duties.

As far as I know they don't produce Opto Maces. Maybe it was a specialty run or something. Are you sure it wasn't a pain or other Lat mid?

A beefier GL would be better for overstable duties IMO because GL seems to be more OS than they're Opto counterparts to me.(At least with most molds)

So....I just threw a ZH Mace for the first time today...I was expecting a slightly overstable flight in hopes that it could cover over to under stable. This thing flies dead straight at 300'. I got no turn and no fade with a good glide. So as far as cycling, I feel it can cover stable to understable, but I dont think it can cover that slightly overstable (such as the roc) slot. Fun disc though, and worth trying out.

As far as I know they don't produce Opto Maces. Maybe it was a specialty run or something. Are you sure it wasn't a pain or other Lat mid?

A beefier GL would be better for overstable duties IMO because GL seems to be more OS than they're Opto counterparts to me.(At least with most molds)

I'm 100% sure it wasn't a Pain & it had a rim w/ a bead just like a Mace. I agree I've heard that GL is more overstable than Opto.

So....I just threw a ZH Mace for the first time today...I was expecting a slightly overstable flight in hopes that it could cover over to under stable. This thing flies dead straight at 300'. I got no turn and no fade with a good glide. So as far as cycling, I feel it can cover stable to understable, but I dont think it can cover that slightly overstable (such as the roc) slot. Fun disc though, and worth trying out.

Try a max weight GL one, they tend to be more overstable. Well for me anyways. Another option I've thought about was just getting a Suspect to go with my Maces for the more OS shots.

I hoped for that as well, but the suspect is not near as overstable as I hoped. I have a first run lucid 175g, and the thing flies stable. straight with no turn and at the very end a little fade. but nothing I would consider over stable. I hope the verdict is as overstate as some people are saying. if it's near a hornet, then I will be happy. don't get me wrong with these discs, they are fantastic... but my buzzz and zone cover everything and more than these discs can. if I wasnt so attached to the buzzz and zone, I could probably work in a spot for these.

I usually don't cycle disc but going to give this a try with this disc. I plan on beating in a classic and if I end up liking it I will get a recycled for a slow beat in and another hard once the other one starts to beat in. I have sinus's in hard and have really gotten to liking this plastic. It starts out pretty slick but start to soften up and gain grip after a few rounds.

I jumped in on cycling Maces. I've been using the same one since October and it is a tank. Still no turn and just starting to lose its fade. I would intentionally throw into a tree several times a round to accelerate the wear. Still have a Drone and a Comet to handle the extreme ends of the stability spectrum. These things are almost indestructible.:thmbup:

I jumped in on cycling Maces. I've been using the same one since October and it is a tank. Still no turn and just starting to lose its fade. I would intentionally throw into a tree several times a round to accelerate the wear. Still have a Drone and a Comet to handle the extreme ends of the stability spectrum. These things are almost indestructible.:thmbup:

Zero plastic?

Yep zero hard. I have stock stamped in my bag right now. I also have some first run stamped one waiting. I've thrown the first runs and the stock stamps side by side and haven't noticed a difference. The zero hard plastic is awesome. All the base plastic grippyness and its holding up great. I do need to sand the bottom of the rim because it has gotten so chewed up.

I was going to cycle maces.....just didn't work out...especially when I started throwing the truth. The zero hard mace I was throwing needed too much room when throwing. Glide wasn't great, and I personally thought the mace short for a mid. I throw my suspect for those shots, and it's more reliable. The mace flew more like a 4/4-1.5/2 for me...and I needed to give it extra height to get a full flight and be able to get it out to 300-315'. The truth I can pop out to that distance much easier...and I am coming to find with different plastics and wear, I can cover quite a few lines. Only thing I really liked about the mace in the long run was the ZH plastic

I agree that the Mace doesn't have much if any glide. I would put the flight numbers at 4/3/0/3. That is with my noodle arm crushing these out to about 180. After beating in I would put the numbers somewhere around 4/4/0/2. Zero hard plastic is amazing. I really want a river in it.

I have had a GL Mace that I got from the Pay It Forward thread (ViP Section) that I got brand new. Had it in my bag for almost 2 months and just got around to throwing it today. Why the HELL did I wait so long? This thing held any line I put it on and seemed to seek out basket like it was addicted. :thmbup:

I don't know about this "no glide" you guys are talking about, that thing seemed to float for days. As far as cycling it, I hope I don't have to worry about that anytime soon, all the GL I've ever had seems to be holding up amazingly well.

Here's to the mace :hfive:

Latest posts