• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Soldier Bag

Got my yellow bag today and after 2 rounds I'm loving it. This was my first upgrade from my crunch box and it feels amazing on the shoulders. Love the dual water holders as well as the Velcro deviders. I only carry 12 discs plus a putter so I just leave the center open and keep my mini there. The only negative so far is no mini pocket. Love that its more of a large square shape instead of a rectangle. It didn't fall over once today and that's huge for me.

I received my bags in yesterday, really like them so far. Well worth the $$$. Straps feel nice and the bag rides god on your back.....

I was thinking about picking one of these up, but that's 50 bucks towards a nice new purple grip.

someone tell me why I need to buy a soldier.

I was thinking about picking one of these up, but that's 50 bucks towards a nice new purple grip.

someone tell me why I need to buy a soldier.

I think this thread does a good job of laying out reasons but you don't NEED to buy anything. A grocery sack can hold your discs. If you're wanting a purple map grip just get one. Grip makes a good bag. I own one. Just haven't seen any good reason to upgrade from my L frame.

I've owned and tried several bags though and at this price and for what you get I don't think you'll find a better one in the class. Not with a warranty this good either. It's better than a fade bag and nicer than the innova bags I've had before. Neither of which had a no questions asked replacement policy for failures. So there's that.

Does it really have the same warranty as the other bags? Where are you seeing that?

All the other DD bags have the "Limited Lifetime Warranty (Covers defects in materials and workmanship)" text, but the Soldier and Cadet bags do not say that on the product pages.

Does it really have the same warranty as the other bags? Where are you seeing that?

All the other DD bags have the "Limited Lifetime Warranty (Covers defects in materials and workmanship)" text, but the Soldier and Cadet bags do not say that on the product pages.

It might just not be listed for them yet. I can't remember out right asking but I talked about warranty when I picked mine up. If you have a problem with normal wear or a defect they'll replace it. If you want to be certain it carries that same warranty before ordering though you should call or email but I'm 99.9% certain it's the same for all bags including these two new models.

Also, I put an innova accordian divider in the middle area to see if I could use it for fairway drivers. It's not really built for that shape of bottom but it doesn't really stick up far either. I could still close the flap easily. The velcro on it is also aligned wrong for this bag but it doesn't bother me. It stays in place and is working ok. I can always add my own velcro pieces to it. It's not necessary but for 7 bucks I wanted to get one and try it out.

Is there a mini pocket on this thing that im not seeing

Edit: searched thread, answer is no. Dumb...

I just picked up mine from spring valley golf for 54 total out the door in red. I'm upgrading from an innova deluxe bag and i already had the red dd quads on my innova. This bag rocks! I cant wait to go lug this thing around tomorrow. My only complaint is that there isn't a mini pocket but for what it cost that is a minor detail.:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Played my first round with the Soldier today and I don't know why I didn't upgrade my bag sooner. The straps make moving around the course so much easier and I can now carry all the discs that I want to have during a round. Overall I'm really impressed. As far as the mini pocket, I just keep my spare minis in one of the small pockets since I carry my main mini in my back pocket when playing rounds. This bag is going to be more than enough for a while and I love the pop orange.

I'm looking to replace my Fade Lite, and the Cadet seems like a good option. The big question is weather it will fit a 32oz Nalgene.

Bought an orange Solider with matching straps from a local player who went to the GBO. I'd have to say my opinion thus far is mixed. Compared to my Innova Competition bag, this is a little smaller (which I expected).

Best thing I like about the bag is the light weight. For whatever reason, this thing feels two pounds lighter with all of the same gear in it. (Or maybe, I just have two pounds of dust in my old bag after six years). I also think the more square shape of the bag makes it easier to lift and drop without all the weight shifting like you have in a more rectangular bag. The pouch inside of the top flap is a nice touch.

Number one thing I don't like about it are the straps (including the shoulder strap that came with the bag), most notably the plastic carabiners which are a minor bitch to get on and off with my boney fingers. Nothing you couldn't improve though by modding with metal carabiners and keychain rings. I'm also not digging the double putter pocket with the open bottom. If they had just kept this closed, there's be room for a mini pocket on the front.

I'll probably learn to do with the quads, but like a lot of the other newer quad straps on the market, these things are not Phenix quality, and I can see them wearing out fast. Right now, I'm just using the shoulder strap as I bought this more for a league/casual bag, and generally even with my old bag and quads, never put the straps up on both shoulders every time I needed to move it. For tournaments or hilly courses, I'm likely sticking with the Competition.

So my two cents. If you're looking for a casual bag but still want the luxury of carrying around 15-17 discs, this is a solid choice. If you need a more featured bag in the sub $100 range, consider alternatives. If you're saving up money for a backpack, keep on saving.

Last edited:
So how about that Cadet, Steeze?

Fitting a 32oz nalgene? I very much doubt it. I think it has the same drink holder as the sniper bag which isn't quite big enough for that size of bottle. I could be wrong though. You can give Toby a call at the shop and ask. He's probably at lunch right now but after 1pm is usually good.

Fitting a 32oz nalgene? I very much doubt it. I think it has the same drink holder as the sniper bag which isn't quite big enough for that size of bottle. I could be wrong though. You can give Toby a call at the shop and ask. He's probably at lunch right now but after 1pm is usually good.

I believe my sniper fits a Nalgene....if it's the same it should hold it.

I believe my sniper fits a Nalgene....if it's the same it should hold it.

I've got a sniper and six 32oz nalgenes for use in the grip and soldier bags or other bags. I've never been able to fit that size of nalgene in the sniper but I'm not doubting you. Just would take some serious stretching of that pocket and I don't need to do that. Unless you're talking about the smaller nalgene bottles. I have tritans and they are just too large. I assume they won't fit in the cadet either but that's why it's probably best to call them and ask. I think you'll find the cadet is built for the 16-24 oz sized bottles.

Another option is what I did recently for use on my nut sac bag. A neoprene nalgene 32 oz insulated sleeve with a carabiner attached. Got one on amazon for 9.99. Perfect solution for that.

Last edited: