• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Soldier Bag

Nalgene tritan 24 oz and will fit no problem.

otgx3_1188_general.jpg

These are the tritan 32 oz and my sniper bag won't take them.

nalgene-tritan-32-oz-wide-mouth-bottles-spring-green-blue-red.jpg

I'm sure the Cadet uses the same size water pocket as the Soldier. How is the padding on the strap? Comfortable?

I'm sure the Cadet uses the same size water pocket as the Soldier. How is the padding on the strap? Comfortable?

Couldn't tell you I haven't even picked up a cadet bag just seen one from across the shop. It's probably the same as the single strap that comes with the soldier bag though. If it is then it's nice and thick and has a good padding portion that goes over the shoulder.

I like the price, and that the Cadet will hold 12 discs. The only other bag that is similar in price and capacity is the Fade Lite. I think it might be time for a switch to see how this one holds up.

Dynamic-Discs-Cadet-Bag.jpg

I took a look at the pic on their site and I really don't think that will hold a 32 oz. It's pictured with their metal bottle with I think is 16oz or maybe 24oz and it looks to be snug enough. I doubt it would stretch to fit a 32. The sniper bag has a little stretch to the pocket this one doesn't look to be the same. I don't know about 12 discs it does say 8-10 plus two putters. You can probably squeeze 10 in the main compartment if most all are drivers. The picture looks like they got 10 in there. I wouldn't count on that many if you have more than 2 mids. I can get about 8 plus two in my sniper and the cadet isn't any bigger. For that price though it's really not a risk. Strap isn't showing much but it looks like the same one as the soldier comes with. has a padded part in the middle for your shoulder. The rest is the high strength nylon.

Nalgene tritan 24 oz and will fit no problem.

otgx3_1188_general.jpg

These are the tritan 32 oz and my sniper bag won't take them.

nalgene-tritan-32-oz-wide-mouth-bottles-spring-green-blue-red.jpg

Mine fits the tritan style just fine, maybe I got lucky? I got a pic of it on my phone. Out of the house right now but I can upload later.

So do the 32oz nalgene fit in the Soldier? This looks to be a good upgrade from my crunch. I use the pocket to carry and extra water bottle in the summer.
Also what are the dimensions?

Thanks!

So do the 32oz nalgene fit in the Soldier? This looks to be a good upgrade from my crunch. I use the pocket to carry and extra water bottle in the summer.
Also what are the dimensions?

Thanks!

Yep it takes two 32oz bottles with ease. I couldn't say on the dimensions. Between a innova deluxe and competition bag. Slightly smaller than the fade tourney bag but I know several local guys who switched it out for their fade tourney bags after the gbo and loved the switch. Mainly because it offers pretty much the exact same thing but matching comfortable quad straps and they said they like the putter pocket much better.

No complaints for me so far it's exactly what I wanted. A light weight summer bag that holds as much water as my grip bag with less than half the overall weight and only holds about 2 less discs. That's with the dividers and one accordian divider. If I took those out I could hold just as many as my grip bag.

After using this bag for about a month, I've decided it's very comfortable and does everything I want. It holds my keys, phone, wallet and some snacks with ease in one pocket. While it holds a first aid kit in the other. I carry 2 32oz Nalgenes in the water bottle holders. The bottles slip in and out easily but the pockets are tall enough so that the Nalgenes won't fall out. The putter pocket provides a snug fit for my putters and I like being able to push a putter up from the bottom of the pocket where the opening is. I haven't had any issues with putters falling out. Discs also have a snug fit in the main compartment but are easy to slip in and out. The dividers are easy to put in and out as well as reposition. The strap was a little uncomfortable at first for a full bag but has gotten comfier as it gets more use. I still may pick up the backpack for when I carry a full bag but when I carry only 10 discs, the shoulder strap feels fine. So far, the fabric is showing no signs of wear but like I said, I've only had it a month. My only gripe with this bag is that there is no designated mini pocket. I'd love to be able to show off my metal DD mini as I tote this bag around the course.

Sold mine, I'd much rather save up for a revo deluxe. Just felt too flimsy and cheap for my taste. If it had been the same feeling as my sniper I would've kept it.

Dividers

Just got mine in the mail today and I have a question for the better initiated disc golfers... How are the dividers supposed to go in there? I got them in, but I have no idea if they are in there correctly. Bag seems solid, looking forward to getting out for a round with, thanks in advance for the help.

Just picked one of these up locally at Gotta Go Gotta Throw. It's a great place and their prices on disc's are cheap. Anyway I needed a bigger bag since in the last few weeks I doubled the disc's I want to take with me. It's a great durable bag at a great price.

Just got mine in the mail today and I have a question for the better initiated disc golfers... How are the dividers supposed to go in there? I got them in, but I have no idea if they are in there correctly. Bag seems solid, looking forward to getting out for a round with, thanks in advance for the help.

Compare yours to mine.
vdh30g.jpg

Or post a picture of yours. You got the bottom channel and then the two actual dividers. You just put the curved ends towards the bottom of the bag and then velcro them in to the place you want.

Picked up one of these a few weeks ago at PIAS very pleased by it. I keep my mini in the zippered mesh pouch on the lid but a mini pocket would be great.
The only complaint I have about this bag is the lack of a pull cinch on the drink holders, yeah I know first world problems, I often carry 16oz water bottles and have to stuff 2 in each holder to keep them from falling out. Played with 32oz Gatorade bottles in it yesterday and they fit like a dream, should have thought to keep the bottles and carry water in them.

How are these holding up? They've been out for a while now and I'd be curious to hear an updated review.

How are these holding up? They've been out for a while now and I'd be curious to hear an updated review.

Here is mine after a few months of use. Shows very little wear on the bottom, other than that still looks new. Quad straps have held up quite well also and are as comfy as the first day. Trying to get rid of it now though since I've changed to a backpack. Nothing wrong with the Solider bag as far as functionality and durability. I've just always wanted a backpack and didn't have the budget for one when I bought the Solider.

I want to pick up some shoulder straps for my Soldier bag. How are the Dynamic straps? Should I get another company's straps?