• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

Big bender-sky high annhyzer

O here I am-said sarcastically after hitting the first tree and it bounces back 10 feet from the tee.

Dinger-when you hit the post on your approach shot or putt.

Sh!tstorm(said in a Jim lahhey voice)- when the winds keep changes and are very strong

Smoking hole- usually a hole you lite a cigarette at every round.

I'm sure I have mOre I'll remember next time I play.

Horque - (v) to huck a disc with too much torque, describing an overpowered throw with bad OAT.

"You really horqued that thing in the wrong direction!"

Horque - (v) to huck a disc with too much torque, describing an overpowered throw with bad OAT.

"You really horqued that thing in the wrong direction!"

Horquer a person that can throw incredibly far. Pronounced Horker.

Sally Putt: Any putt that drops short of the basket
Many feminine references when thrown too short: My cervix just dilated, I pulled my vagina on that one, etc. All are self-admonishing.
One of my favorites is when someone doesn't go for the 40' putt but lays it up: Nice one, Princess Lay-up!

terms we use in our regular group:
squirrel hunting - hitting a tree up high off the tee

choppin broccoli - skimming the ground

Obama'd - a shot that looks really good to start with then suddenly goes to sheet

stroked the pole - hit the pole on approach

billy goatin' - climbin rough hillsides to get to your disc or the next hole

paul bunyaned - hitting a tree a few feet in front of you and close to the ground

safety meeting - mandatory stoppage of play to rest *wink*

cannon fodder - someone on the course oblivious to disc golf (we NEVER throw at people, but have to joke about it, to keep the blood pressure down)

link licking - hitting chains but not the basket

I read almost every post in this thread, it's some good reading. Someone needs to start making some t-shirts with some of these hilarious terms and definitions. I'd buy one!

Colorado - When you take a Something your not supposed to talk about on this site and hold it in until after your drive. It sometimes results in coughing.

Tree Love - Tree helped the shot

Tree Hate- Tree did not help at all

All sizzle and no steak- A great looking drive that hits something, or dies off and has a bad lie.

Get new!- A disc that is turning over and you want it to come back left.

Shooting!- What we holler when we are trying to make a shot, and people are in front of us. We say it in a funny voice, because my friend Charles says it all the time when he shoots.

Marking their territory - When someone is off in the bushes taking a pee.

Sally Putt: Any putt that drops short of the basket
Many feminine references when thrown too short: My cervix just dilated, I pulled my vagina on that one, etc. All are self-admonishing.
One of my favorites is when someone doesn't go for the 40' putt but lays it up: Nice one, Princess Lay-up!

"Nice up."
"Thanks."
"Does your husband play too?"

"Put down your purse."

black birdie - hitting the wrong target on your approach shot.

we have a lot of home made tonals hanging from trees on my local course for alternate layouts. it's not unheard of to get a black ace, or a black birdie. black bogeys are significantly less common.

Introducing....

"The Gronk Putt"

Named for stud Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski, it is where after one misses a short putt (8' or shorter), makes the next, then spikes his or her putter nearby in a fit of rage ala Gronk after a TD.

Just no forearm tears on the extra point:clap:

-Django'd ...When a disc comes to rest in the basket without the use of chains. Django Unchained. "Sick shot Timmy! You Django'd that one!!"

On a round the other day Me and another guy were looking for another card members shot. The area where it went down did not look too bad untill we went in it. We could barely move it was so thick. We eventually found the shot and my friend Kevin said," At first it looked like Kansas in there but it ended up being Cambodia." I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself.

We have a small stand of trees/bushes on our course which has always been called Cambodia, (circa 1990), nothing else on the course has any nicknames.
Funny how that happens.

One of those guys who always hits a tree 30 feet down the fairway:

Going Waco on it. That guy must be a Branch Davidian.(Too soon?)

Local route in our area can mean lucky sneaky shot OR an actual available route not immediately obvious from the teepad.

Last edited:
My personal favorite is the "Swoopin'-Hyzuh" A huge hyzer. Whether it be intentional (Schuestrick) or unintentional. I'll usually say, "Too much Hyzuh. Swoopin-Hyzuh", or "I'm thinking I'm just gonna throw a big Swoopin-Hyzuh on this one."