• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

We have always used "mob golf" when refering to a group of 6 or more golfers on one card. 5 players is OK, 6 or more is a mob.

Forrest Gump... When a player that historically is never played a good round in his life gets in a zone and wanders through an amazing 18 holes hitting every drive, upshot & putt getting the best score he will ever get.

Charlie Sheen... A severely intoxicated or stoned player stumbling and throwing on the hole in front of you totally oblivious to anyone else.

We say "tree trimmer" for when your disc slices off branches as it goes sailing through the canopy.

"On the lock"- a sweet throw parked next to the pole.

"Smoke hole"- declaration whereby the group must get their head right before anyone tees off.

"Clint"- a person's second throw as in second attempt at the same throw. Clint throws are usually better than ones first effort.

"Cut through"- a putt that passes through the chains but doesn't hole out.

BOOM!!- used after a great shot
Meow!!- not enough on a shot
Mob golfing - a group of 6+ players
Discus meoweis - not enough on a shot "man, my discus meows is flaring up again"

On a round the other day Me and another guy were looking for another card members shot. The area where it went down did not look too bad untill we went in it. We could barely move it was so thick. We eventually found the shot and my friend Kevin said," At first it looked like Kansas in there but it ended up being Cambodia." I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself.

Holding Hands - discs are very close or touching, but not making minis

Stalking - throwing one's disc in the rough or OB in almost or exactly the same route as another player on your card in an apparent attempt to make minis

Frolfasaurus - an older, experienced player who's been playing disc golf since the frolf age

Local route
:thmbdown:

It's not the local route....it's the route that you inadvertently take when you make a bad throw but somehow lands in perfect position...:wall:

We call the local route to be the line that most people don't often take becasue it's either too hard to hit on a consistent basis or because the Designer has denied that route with a mando to make the hole harder..

It's not the local route....it's the route that you inadvertently take when you make a bad throw but somehow lands in perfect position...:wall:

We call the local route to be the line that most people don't often take becasue it's either too hard to hit on a consistent basis or because the Designer has denied that route with a mando to make the hole harder..

I have heard many people say "local route" for the route you inadvertantly take on a botched throw that lands near the basic. It is semi-sarcastic, but it has become common place to hear people call that shot a local route.

One day my brother randomly named all trees on the course Alan Barklage. This led to tons of spin-offs, praying to Alan before teeing off on a particularly wooded hole, Barklage love (tree love), choppin' bark-a-ly (said or sung in a Dana Carvey voice). One of my recent favorites was coined on our recent trip to Idlewild. I can't remember what hole it was (maybe 3 or 5)but I referred to the hole as Alan and 150 of his closest friends. Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious!!

Also we refer to a person who grip-locked their tee shot as having separation anxiety.

"Muggsy (Bogues)" - When everyone in a group of 4 or more bogeys a hole

"Muggsy Delight" - Adding the cherry on top, someone in that group of 4 managed to double bogey, whiled the rest of the group took bogeys.

"Muggsy Select" - When you have four bogeys and one double bogey on a single hole.

"Beer Frame" - On a card of four or more, if three players throw birdies and one player throws a bogey that player gets beer framed and owes everyone on their card a beer after the round.

"40 Frame" - Same rules as above, but with 3 birdies and 1 double bogey. You owe everyone a 40.

"Petron Frame" - You are the worst of the worst. Playing in a group of 5, the player who bogeys while the other 4 birdie owes everyone a shot of Petron.

We usualy say "hey, 30 feet are 30 feet" or "Right in the center of the fairway" :D

We all say "Got it!" or "Right there!" while we point at the disc as if it went deep into the rough. :D

I have heard many people say "local route" for the route you inadvertantly take on a botched throw that lands near the basket. It is semi-sarcastic, but it has become common place to hear people call that shot a local route.

^This

Santorum - when you walk up on your lie and your disc is sitting is some kind of nasty looking what ever and you almost want to just leave it there.

After making a nice putt, we like "Makin' a deposit!" or when you are pretty much under the basket and you just need to drop it in we say "Clockin' in and clockin' out" like a time-card clock at the generic construction sites in cartoons. (As you actively act like you are swiping it in)

Latest posts