• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2018 Discraft Ledgestone Insurance Open

Sexton and Dickerson are charging...

Less charging than just keeping up their tournament pace. Colglazier made up enough to be tied with them for now but they've got four holes to go. Holes on which Sexton is -8 for the weekend and Dickerson is -5. Seems likely one of them will pick up the one throw needed to push Colglazier out of the lead.

congrats to Nate on the stellar win! Heck of a payout and I'm sure is much appreciated with his family on the road full time. He's hitting nice form in time for worlds and USDGC!

How many OBs Nate had? Cant be many. He sure Sextoned himself to the win. Although having just watched the round 2 vids, he had several low putts as well as the ill-advised flick on #9. I have no idea how he chose that play over backhand. So not error-free but damn near, and the few errors did not pile up like on many other players.

How many OBs Nate had? Cant be many. He sure Sextoned himself to the win. Although having just watched the round 2 vids, he had several low putts as well as the ill-advised flick on #9. I have no idea how he chose that play over backhand. So not error-free but damn near, and the few errors did not pile up like on many other players.

Gotta love udisc. He had 3 OBs for the tournament. Which was ranked 1st and was also ranked 1st in scrambling. He also didn't have any score worse than a bogey. Which on that course, is pretty damn good.

Last edited:
So I havent specated a pro event since the 2013 worlds. While I think this event was great and REALLY well run I still think the PDGA and/or the DGPT could do more for the spectator experience. If you come to these events there is virtually no information for a complete newb (other than the very nicely done web site) who is coming to check out the sport for the first time. I'd be nice to have a tri-fold pamphlet or some equivalent for folks to check out. Don't want to waste paper? Then I think this is a great opportunity to put up signage pointing folks to a FAQ page on the PDGA or some other site. This really isn't something I think that needs to be added to the Tourney Directors already overloaded to-do list I think this is something the PDGA or DGPT should provide.

My dad and I parked over by the 17 green to watch the shots come in yesterday for the second half of the field. I don't know (or care) who the heckler was in the nearby parking lot but just FYI...You're not as funny as you think you are.

I don't know (or care) who the heckler was in the nearby parking lot but just FYI...You're not as funny as you think you are.

They never are. Some now think heckling is a high art form. They're the same guys who get drunk at a game, yell your team s*cks, then puke on themselves.

I'm not sure, but I think it was on last week's Upshot podcast they pointed out that the winner of Ledgestone usually has a lot of OB strokes, the point being that playing with some risk was necessary to win. But then Nate S. goes out and has hardly any OB and wins it.

I think Nate is going to make a real run at USDGC again this year.

I'm not sure, but I think it was on last week's Upshot podcast they pointed out that the winner of Ledgestone usually has a lot of OB strokes, the point being that playing with some risk was necessary to win. But then Nate S. goes out and has hardly any OB and wins it.

I think Nate is going to make a real run at USDGC again this year.

Sometimes nice guys DO finish first! he could win every tournament the rest of the season and i would be happy. course management and consistency, what a concept. :clap:

Yea Paul is great on the commentary. Superb knowledge on the lines. I kinda just think the TD of the tourney is a little biased, of course he is likely to have all kinds of inside info to share but the criticism on the holes is bound to be a little restricted. Granted, he may talk about what changes have been made and for what reason etc.

So I havent specated a pro event since the 2013 worlds. While I think this event was great and REALLY well run I still think the PDGA and/or the DGPT could do more for the spectator experience. If you come to these events there is virtually no information for a complete newb (other than the very nicely done web site) who is coming to check out the sport for the first time. I'd be nice to have a tri-fold pamphlet or some equivalent for folks to check out. Don't want to waste paper? Then I think this is a great opportunity to put up signage pointing folks to a FAQ page on the PDGA or some other site. This really isn't something I think that needs to be added to the Tourney Directors already overloaded to-do list I think this is something the PDGA or DGPT should provide.

My dad and I parked over by the 17 green to watch the shots come in yesterday for the second half of the field. I don't know (or care) who the heckler was in the nearby parking lot but just FYI...You're not as funny as you think you are.

I was watching on 17 for a while and didn't hear any heckling, but I was on the opposite side of the tree further from the parking lot.

Here's MJ walking by after his Birdie on 17 yesterday. Philo seemed to be in a mood, even before he bogeyed 17.

Attachments

• 20180812_170822.jpg
    20180812_170822.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 97