• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 13-16

Cats really separating herself from the field this round. Really looking fwd to watching this.

Watching Ulie, Conrad, Ricky, Hannum R1 F9 now.
Her new "putting" strategy is to park her drives up to 393 ft so she just has 5-foot drop-ins. I count 5 of those in today's round. Next challenge is to get her C1x above 60%.

Really? I have never heard of that rule....

That seems really subjective, and also something that her cardmates could have just said "um hey can't do that". Bonkers

https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/81302

A player must not use any device that directly assists in making a throw. Devices that reduce or control abrasion to the skin (such as gloves, tape, bandages, or gauze) and medical items (such as knee or ankle braces) are allowed. Placing an object as a directional aid is not allowed. An item such as a towel or a pad may be placed on the lie as long as it is not greater than one centimeter in thickness when compressed.

I've really only seen someone try to do that once or twice, and the cardmates always just call it out real fast. "Whoa buddy, before you throw, you can't do that."

I think everybody has walked out from their lie in the woods to get an idea where the basket is, or look for a tree in the background to know where you're aiming.

Can't say I've done it in a tournament round, but on casual rounds I'm also sure most people have had somebody standing near the basket and wave their hands or shake the chains. I'd assume that is probably also illegal?

I think everybody has walked out from their lie in the woods to get an idea where the basket is, or look for a tree in the background to know where you're aiming.

Can't say I've done it in a tournament round, but on casual rounds I'm also sure most people have had somebody standing near the basket and wave their hands or shake the chains. I'd assume that is probably also illegal?

As long as the person moves before you actually throw, I think that is legal, no?

Honestly not sure...yeah they're gone before you throw, but it's still aid from something that's not native to the course.

Her new "putting" strategy is to park her drives up to 393 ft so she just has 5-foot drop-ins. I count 5 of those in today's round. Next challenge is to get her C1x above 60%.

60% C1x might look really bad. . .but she only missed two. . and got two C2

I think her putt looked alot better, harder and flat...not that lofty super hyzer putt from short distance

He talked about it during the post round after the final round at Idlewild. He wanted a couple weeks to hang out with his girl and this just happened to be the week he chose to miss awhile back.

sounds like he was/is scared

Re: Northwoods #12: according to Big Jerm avg score on that hole is 6.72. If those players are averaging 1.72 over par, I can only imagine what most of us would average. Can't imagine playing a hole where I'd be happy with Snowman... but that'd probably be the best I could ever hope for. Bet I'm capable of double digits on that mother.

---------

Re: Nova's 2 strokes for illegal use of a directional aid. The rules are ...the rules.

Assuming whomever called it and 2nd'd it, saw her before she threw...I think it's a d!ck move. Most players I know would speak up as they saw what was unfolding.

Then again, that's exactly the sort of thing I've seen happen when somebody pisses off the rest of the card (which I'm in no way saying she did).

I'm just speaking generally. I wasn't there, and dont know the circumstances up to that point.

----------

sounds like he was/is scared

Sounds like you just wanna be douche.

Last edited:
Eagle has always hated Peoria/Ledgestone.

Every interview where he talks about it, he starts by saying "I don't have a problem with Peoria and/or the tournament. It's just that..." then proceeds to criticize Peoria and/or the tournament.

I seem to recall a victory speech at a B-tier where he actually said, flat out, "All the pros are at Ledgestone but I hate that tournament and I'd rather be here".

So no, it's probably not that he's scared.