• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 DGPT - Idlewild Open presented Aug 13-15

Yeah, I'm amazed that in over a year I don't really recall any other reports like this?

Brodie's situation is a bit different because I'm assuming he was at home and wasn't out on the road when he found out and withdrew.

Any idea what "field testing" means? I haven't paid a lot of attention to any official Covid policies per the PDGA since I've not played any events, and policies seem to vary a lot among areas anyway. Random testing? Required if you don't provide your own negative results within a specified date range? Something else?

Seems crazy because I'd say most people at this point personally know a few people that have had Covid? And with all the travel to various parts of the country they've been extremely lucky.

I would not be surprised if a lot of golfers simply wouldn't bother to get tested unless they wound up sick enough to seek medical attention. Most of them don't really have sufficient financial backstop to miss potentially 3 tourney paydays while quarantining especially if they're mildly or or non-symptomatic. So there's probably a portion of them that have had it and none of us (or even they themselves) don't know.

I would not be surprised if a lot of golfers simply wouldn't bother to get tested unless they wound up sick enough to seek medical attention. Most of them don't really have sufficient financial backstop to miss potentially 3 tourney paydays while quarantining especially if they're mildly or or non-symptomatic. So there's probably a portion of them that have had it and none of us (or even they themselves) don't know.

Oh I definitely agree with you, just didn't want to imply people were ignoring guidelines when I didn't have anything concrete to support.

I think this was bound to happen sooner or later.
It may be interesting to see how this ends up affecting this event.

I don't think it will have much impact this weekend, as with most of this stuff let's see what happens at the next 2

Yeah, I'm amazed that in over a year I don't really recall any other reports like this?

Brodie's situation is a bit different because I'm assuming he was at home and wasn't out on the road when he found out and withdrew.

Any idea what "field testing" means? I haven't paid a lot of attention to any official Covid policies per the PDGA since I've not played any events, and policies seem to vary a lot among areas anyway. Random testing? Required if you don't provide your own negative results within a specified date range? Something else?

Seems crazy because I'd say most people at this point personally know a few people that have had Covid? And with all the travel to various parts of the country they've been extremely lucky.

I think it was just bad grammar because companies don't proofread **** anymore. It should read a "Player in our Open Field tested positive for Covid-19"

udisc is saying 3:15 restart but it's already changed once(was 3pm) since the first time i looked at it.

I think it was just bad grammar because companies don't proofread **** anymore. It should read a "Player in our Open Field tested positive for Covid-19"

Yeah, to me field test implies that it was done in coordination with the DGPT. Didn't know if they were requiring tests every couple of weeks, before each event, or something like that. Or do they not care and are trusting that players are taking it upon themselves to go get tested if they aren't feeling well.

Wasn't sure if it was a situation where the player got tested because they thought something was up and then notified DGPT or they discovered it through their own protocols.

I can imagine any attempt at contact tracing for a touring pro has got to be a hot mess.

It looks like nobody read or is enforcing the notice.

Gonna guess masks are not being worn and/or 6 feet of space not being followed...

Not getting video, so don't know what you mean...

Hopefully, there's no tongue kissing on the course.... :\

Hole 4 at Idlewild is a perfect example as the wrong way disc golf is going. First two rounds we get all 4 players 40-60 feet just laying up. You want layups, keep adding obelisks and placing the basket on top.

You want less layups, make the basket shorter then it is even now and smaller. Then players will be enticed to try and make it without fear of going into the water or flying 35 feet by.

Raised baskets are detrimental.

Latest posts