• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 Dynamic Discs Open Apr 28-May 1

Almost every single player in the FPO division has at least one OB stroke. Say what you want, but that shouldn't be happening IMO

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it seem like the course has way too much OB

Merely because every fairway is surrounded by OB? Pshaw! It clearly says:

All disc golf tee boxes located within the defined in-bounds area of a hole are in
bounds for that hole.

That's all the in-bounds anyone could ask for.

attachment.php

Attachments

• OB.jpg
    OB.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 191
Creating artificial OB for the sake of tightening landing zones when there are natural bunkers right near the OB is infuriating. I get the need to create challenge by defining fairways with OB. Not my preferred version of disc golf but whatever. But locating trees in the OB, especially near greens, just strikes me as a way to make the next throw less interesting. It feels like chasing punishing scores, due maybe to something like a random bounce or wind gust, instead of forcing the player to putt out of a tree. I'm always in favor of pros putting from inside of a tree! As much as possible, the disc should be played from the lie where it landed not moved to be inside ropes that misuse natural elements.

(Basing these comments on the Jomez practice round and EMac course preview videos.)

They had a pre-event group interview session with Socki, Tattar, Cat, PMB, Conrad, and MattyO.

I think several said the same thing--they don't like coming to Kansas to play disc golf...BUT the people are great!

There is no way the Pros are going to endorse this layout for Jones. Way too much OB and strange holes (Hole 1 especially, birdie or bogey, almost no in between). They tried to make a long, tough course with difficult birdies and they succeeded, but I don't think it will be popular at all.

They had a pre-event group interview session with Socki, Tattar, Cat, PMB, Conrad, and MattyO.

I think several said the same thing--they don't like coming to Kansas to play disc golf...BUT the people are great!

That's sad. You have a community that's fully embraced the sport. :)
... but can't put together a challenging course that players enjoy playing. :(

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out the excessive OB plus lots of wind is an combo that rewards relative boring, "play it safe" golf.

Say what you will thing about WR Jackson: but the players really seemed to enjoy playing there. Really glad they held a major there. The IDGC should be hosting a major or Elite series every year.

Idlewild, Maple Hill, Toboggan... you gotta love when players like coming to an event and really enjoy the course.

Last edited:
It's boring golf.

Lay up, lay up, hopefully take a par.

Go for it, go OB, take a bogey (or worse).

It definitely fits the need of scoring separation, but at the cost of excitement.

I've watched some of the FPO and some of the MPO and yes, it is painful. Is it technically challenging? Certainly. But, it's not interesting to watch. While it will never be a course like WR Jackson, I cannot help but wonder if it would be more entertaining if the pushed the OB out and got rid of some of the unnecessary OB.

Maybe scores would be a "too low", but it sucks to see a drive down the middle cross an arbitrary line by 2' and cost a stroke.

Latest posts