• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 OTB Open May 20-22

I think they had the right idea, honestly. Most of these disc golfers don't even own houses to put their trophies in anyway. And the ones that do probably don't care that they won a trophy anyway. How much room do they have in their vans for trophies?

I don't disagree with any of this except maybe the first sentence. It seems like the right idea might be to just not have a trophy at all.

I think they had the right idea, honestly. Most of these disc golfers don't even own houses to put their trophies in anyway. And the ones that do probably don't care that they won a trophy anyway. How much room do they have in their vans for trophies?

I am working on a couple of courses for James Conrad's Dad and stay in an apartment in their basement sometimes when I go down there overnight. Guess what is in the laundry room...

There has to be something in between "big, expensive trophies" and "custom disc"

Trophy Disc.

The Prescott Disc Golf Club in Arizona gives out a disc to the 1st place finishers for their major tournament (Watson Skip). But, the disc has been made from wood and this year it was made from metal. Pretty cool and there's always comments about how well the trophy disc will fly. One of the other places was a glass mini-marker. I forget what the third one was.

((I'm not aware of anyone who has actually given their trophy a toss)).

Were they playing for trophies or money?

I get those confused sometimes.

Like I said in a comment on this thread, maybe just not having trophies would be the best idea. My brain is able to think "that trophy is pretty lame" AND "trophies are pointless" at the same time. I hope that doesn't confuse you.

Like I said in a comment on this thread, maybe just not having trophies would be the best idea. My brain is able to think "that trophy is pretty lame" AND "trophies are pointless" at the same time. I hope that doesn't confuse you.
Maybe go back to presenting a giant first prize check, I mean giant PayPal deposit ticket, at the awards ceremony on recyclable paper.

Maybe go back to presenting a giant first prize check, I mean giant PayPal deposit ticket, at the awards ceremony on recyclable paper.

checks.png

Was the payout more "top heavy" in OTB open?
OTB had.
1st $9000
2nd $5300
3d $3200
4th $2500

Jonesboro had
1st $8500
2nd $5000
3d $3500
4th $2500
So 1st and 2nd got more in OTB, 3rd more at Jonesboro and 4th the same

Latest posts