• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 WACO Charity Open Mar 11-13

So strange that Eveliina had her best round by far in the worst weather. .

Nice play from Valerie, she played solid. . and her putt looks so good

Isn't Luke Humphries the goofy, anti-masker from those skins videos? WTF is he doing on a lead card?

playing lights out DG.

I wasn't a fan of his skins personality, but the dude is absolutely cold as ice on the course this weekend. Very impressed by how he rolls with the good and the bad and just keeps playing solid golf.

So strange that Eveliina had her best round by far in the worst weather. .

Nice play from Valerie, she played solid. . and her putt looks so good

bummer to see her flop on day 3, but nice to see her have a much better tournament overall since she had been struggling before this event.

Matt Bell seems to be doing pretty well out there. But what's in his bag this year? Mixed with EV putters? Mostly DGA still????

Nate Doss just said McBeth has won 33% of Disc Golf Pro Tour events with his win today.
16 wins in 48 events. :clap:

playing lights out DG.

I wasn't a fan of his skins personality, but the dude is absolutely cold as ice on the course this weekend. Very impressed by how he rolls with the good and the bad and just keeps playing solid golf.

I am impressed by how Luke's drives, and putts, look so smooth and easy. His form is very repeatable and seems to leave little room for error. Fun to watch.

Congrats to Valerie Mandujano on her first Elite Series W. McBeast showing he's is the bar

Mr. Humphries showing everyone he's arrived this year.

Clemons and Freeman finishing strong to get on the podium. 17 is simply a great hole.

Some great drama today. Tip my cap to all the touring players. Thanks for all the entertainment! :)

Really enjoy watching the world's best play a well balanced course.

Last edited:
Congrats to Valerie Mandujano on her first Elite Series W. McBeast showing he's is the bar

Mr. Humphries showing everyone he's arrived this year.

Clemons and Freeman finishing strong to get on the podium. 17 is simply a great hole.

Some great drama today. Tip my cap to all the touring players. Thanks for all the entertainment! :)

Really enjoy watching the world's best play a well balanced course.

The season looks very promising.

I still wonder how many players are still struggling with their new bags. Would love to see some stat on performance in 2022 vs rating, for those who did, vs did not, switch sponsors.

One thing is for sure--MPO looks to be as wide open as it ever has.

I still wonder how many players are still struggling with their new bags. Would love to see some stat on performance in 2022 vs rating, for those who did, vs did not, switch sponsors.

That would be cool to see! Are you volunteering? lol. Valerie M seems to have adjusted pretty well to new sponsor, seems like Kona is still adjusting.

Last year taught me that players are streaky. McBeth is consistent. Even though he didn't dominate, he was frequently pushing the lead/in the hunt tournament after tournament. And in his off year, he's a miracle throw from 6x, and win's USDGC.

It's like it is McBeth versus the field. And right now it's looking like the McBeth vengeance tour.

Last year taught me that players are streaky. McBeth is consistent. Even though he didn't dominate, he was frequently pushing the lead/in the hunt tournament after tournament. And in his off year, he's a miracle throw from 6x, and win's USDGC.

It's like it is McBeth versus the field. And right now it's looking like the McBeth vengeance tour.

I very much agree. I've been watching Disc golf for a while now, and McBeth is so rarely out of the mix. Wysocki is also in the mix, but it's common for him to be on the third or fourth card in the final round. McBeth so commonly seems to have a chance to win heading into the final round.

Through two tournaments, Paul looks like his 2015 self. He's focused, his throws look good, and his putts look good. He's averaging 1079 through six rounds, and that would be higher if he hadn't played Waco's 17 and 18 ridiculously safe (which was wise with his lead). But what makes me think he looks like 2015 is that he looks relaxed doing everything. Nothing seems difficult, and in-between his throws he's talking about non-DG stuff, with a grin on his face.

I'm not saying we see a repeat of 2015. All offseason the talk has been how much better the field has gotten, and it's true. But his closest competitors all seem off, and he seems on. Eagle is injured (hopefully he'll recover but it's been 4 months), Ricky is still figuring out his discs, contract-year Calvin doesn't seem to have improved any in the off-season, and Dickerson is going to be learning a lot of new courses. It's ridiculous to think we're going to see 2015 again, but this year seems like a great opportunity.

Lastly, can you imagine what it's like to average 1079 golf through six rounds?

Another struggle for Kona with DD. IMO, she's the most overrated FPO player out there right now given her new contract. To me, she's never consistently in the top 10 of best FPO players. Sure, she's had a couple of really good wins throughout her career, but she's outside the top 10 more than in it. DD no doubt paid her for her social media, but at what point does winning matter to them? She'll probably post something about how practice went great but couldn't put it together in the rounds. She'll probably change her putting stance or putters again.

No doubt, the MPO and FPO fields are deeper, with more players who've actually got a bonafide chance at winning every event.

McBeth's level of consistency is what sets him apart. A lot of players can win when they're dialed in. McBeth's still making the lead or chase card when he isn't. Seems a rarity for him to not be within striking range of the leader when the final round starts. And when he is dialed in, the only player who seems to have a real shot is a dialed in Ricky. No one seems to handle the pressure of the big moment quite as well.

Better than Climo? I can't say. Certainly seems like an unavoidable conversation.

Enjoy it while you got a chance to watch it unfolding, in the here and now, and be thankful for DGN and all the wonderful post-production coverage from Gateway, GKPro, and Jomez. Beats the hell out of watching grainy VHS footage of something that happened weeks (if not months) ago. :)

Last edited:
Ricky averaged "only" 1038 on the weekend, and his rating already dropped earlier this month.

Has Wysocki Peaked?

Waco is kinda outdated. its like a mix of some good and some gimme woods holes, topped of with Memorial / LVC open holes, which makes me want to forward them. What made it fun was that first round with the rough weather conditions.

Another struggle for Kona with DD. IMO, she's the most overrated FPO player out there right now given her new contract. To me, she's never consistently in the top 10 of best FPO players. Sure, she's had a couple of really good wins throughout her career, but she's outside the top 10 more than in it. DD no doubt paid her for her social media, but at what point does winning matter to them? She'll probably post something about how practice went great but couldn't put it together in the rounds. She'll probably change her putting stance or putters again.

Not a great week for Kona. . not only did she come in 33rd but DDs other players cruched her. . Valerie won and Macie at 6th, Holyn at 17th.
Horrible start for the year for Kona. . this is the tournament that went well for her last year

But Kona gets her money. .so hard to feel to bad for her

Strange i can´t even find Valerie on DD team page. . .

Last edited:

Latest posts