• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Discraft's Green Mountain Championship Sept. 12-15

Yep, Doss and Jenkins both seem like very nice people and I used to root for them when they played. However, their commentary is basically "unlistenable". They both really stress the obvious as if it's some big revelation.

Yeah. Nate said something like: "You know, when your putting's off, you miss a lot of putts; but when your putting's on, you make more putts."

Hard to argue with that.

I tuned in when the lead FPO group was on 15 (I'm on the west coast). It seemed like the rest of the field had finished their round. Was the lead group playing slowly? If so, maybe Nate & Val were just all out of cleverness.

I tuned in when the lead FPO group was on 15 (I'm on the west coast). It seemed like the rest of the field had finished their round. Was the lead group playing slowly? If so, maybe Nate & Val were just all out of cleverness.

No, they purposely put a 20-30 minute gap between chase and lead cards to try to avoid backups.

Yes I know weddings are a big deal in America..but I still don't get why you want to spend so much time planing...and spend an insane amount of money to put you in debt longer than the marriage will last for "one big day"

Because, for a lot of people that one day is a chance to get together with family members you rarely see and the friends in your life ... and its not for a funeral.
It does take a lot of planning and the ability to adjust on the fly, if needed.
Luckily, for most of us, we just have to know when and where to show up. :D

Because, for a lot of people that one day is a chance to get together with family members you rarely see and the friends in your life ... and its not for a funeral.
It does take a lot of planning and the ability to adjust on the fly, if needed.
Luckily, for most of us, we just have to know when and where to show up. :D

Sure, i really like my family . . but don´t want to spend tens of thousands of dollars just to see them. . a rather spend those money to start a live with my wife :D <3

Yep, Doss and Jenkins both seem like very nice people and I used to root for them when they played. However, their commentary is basically "unlistenable". They both really stress the obvious as if it's some big revelation.

As chatty as they are, I bet they are awesome as party hosts, etc, but wow....let the broadcast speak for itself occasionally. It's just amazing how much they can ramble on as if they think every spoken word is vital to the broadcast. Like you said...great players, nice people, I just hope Mr. Spring brings on a new team for the 2020 season.

No, they purposely put a 20-30 minute gap between chase and lead cards to try to avoid backups.

Robin, Hokom's caddy/SO had a seizure just before tee off so they delayed the start as the EMTs checked him out and took him to the hospital.

did they play brewster from the blues? if so... those scores are pretttttty bad

If they are playing same layout from last year's Worlds, then it's mostly if not all gold. Think a few blue tees, IIRC.

I played Brewster from blue last month. Shot +3 as 890 player. Was interested in what FPO played at Worlds, so rewatched video. To me, there's a big gap between blue and gold there. Playing for par from gold in FPO makes a ton of sense.

I had a spirited discussion with a guy I regularly play with about FPO blue v gold on that course. I think they could be rewarded for good shots more from blue or blue/gold mix. Alternative take is that gold is challenge and best players should come out on top. Marked OB and off-fairway penalties equals things out at times.