• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Waco Annual Charity Open 13-Mar to 15-Mar-2020

SO much for the Weema rule then?

That's funny. It looks like somebody talked that league he played in to end it a week early. It was originally scheduled to end on Thursday after the update... I wonder who that was.:D

How does Brody violate the Weema rule? He was not on the registration list until today.

How does Brody violate the Weema rule? He was not on the registration list until today.

I posted before I went and looked at the PDGA site. When he originally played in that league and then at the end of that vid he said something about playing Waco, I went and looked it up. It was scheduled to end on the 12th and it ended last week.

There is a ton of "bro" energy on this card.

If it leads to bromantic moments like this one (Leiviska+Oman, 2019LVC), I'm here for it:
tumblr_pr9h2flrN61v9kyzpo1_500.gifv

Big thundershowers expected Saturday and scattered chances Friday :(

Please please please no. I don't want these boards to be layered in thick complaints of people who paid for coverage and get little to none, nor do I want to see innumerable "I told you so's".

Final hole is par 3 too now, isnt it? The go-for-it and layup shots and total strokes taken are still the same of course but par makes more sense. Previously, as par 4, too many eagle chances on a wide open crush = par is probably not quite right.

I was thinking about the Weema rule too when they announced Brody for the premier card. But I was thinking he was still unrated and this was a slick one-time loophole. But I just looked and the PDGA site says he is 923. So, good luck low rated am playing pro?

:popcorn:

Exposure for the sport, sure, I see it; part of me is rooting for him. Might be better on a post produced basis, but, oh well. Maybe Brodie will have his own camera man out there?

Anyway, Waco is fun. Let's see some good golf!

I posted before I went and looked at the PDGA site. When he originally played in that league and then at the end of that vid he said something about playing Waco, I went and looked it up. It was scheduled to end on the 12th and it ended last week.

What???

The Huntington Beach League was a six week league that began on January 30th and was scheduled to end March 5th. The begin and end date is clearly listed on the PDGA event page.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/44785

After years of observation, this organizer is not known for prompt PDGA reporting. So Hallelujah and All Hail Brodie if he is the reason for getting these results turned in time for the March ratings update. :clap:

What???

The Huntington Beach League was a six week league that began on January 30th and was scheduled to end March 5th. The begin and end date is clearly listed on the PDGA event page.

After years of observation, this organizer is not known for prompt PDGA reporting. So Hallelujah and All Hail Brodie if he is the reason for getting these results turned in time for the March ratings update. :clap:
Its not like I just pulled that date out of my hind end...
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3552287&postcount=717

I'm not sure he will be allowed to play Waco. That round won't be official before then. The league ends on mar12 and the next update is mar10 the same week as Waco. SO unless they let him slide in with an unofficial round rating... The Weema Rule would still be in effect...
The date of that post is feb21. The league page said at the time, that it ended on Mar12. Now if you want to go find out for yourself if the date on that page at the time was wrong or that the TD later decided to end the league early, then by all means have fun. But don't act like I made it up.

The date of that post is feb21. The league page said at the time, that it ended on Mar12. Now if you want to go find out for yourself if the date on that page at the time was wrong or that the TD later decided to end the league early, then by all means have fun. But don't act like I made it up.

I'm the cranky one? el oh el

Looks like they changed those short technical par5s into par4s this year. Steve should be pleased...:p;)

Caddybook
https://www.dgpt.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/DGPT-2020-Brazos-Park-East_optm-1.pdf

Final hole is par 3 too now, isnt it? The go-for-it and layup shots and total strokes taken are still the same of course but par makes more sense. Previously, as par 4, too many eagle chances on a wide open crush = par is probably not quite right.

And ... I haven't been out there yet, but it appears from the caddy book that the baskets are further back on holes 2 (bring OB long into play); 3 (longer down to the left of the gazebo -- don't know if it'll still be elevated, we'll see how they play it); and 16 (prevent double G from the airshot eagle -- but decreasing the reason for a backhand power roller). Hole 18 appears that the basket has moved off of the area straight across the inlet where there is plenty of room, and placed to the left a bit making it a shorter throw, but less room between the OB short and OB long -- tough throw for lefty backhands.

All in all Brazos East will be more "Beast-y" than ever!

How do you act when you get accused of lying?;)

Yikes! I didn't accuse you of anything. I don't know where you got your original information.

This is me trying to present the correct information, as politely as possible, without any accusations to your character.

The league is called "WCDG Huntington Beach 2020 Winter 6 Week Series." The six week league started on January 30th. Both my calendar and the PDGA results agree that March 5 would be "week 6" of a 6 week league...

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yikes! I didn't accuse you of anything. I don't know where you got your original information.

This is me trying to present the correct information, as politely as possible, without any accusations to your character.

The league is called "WCDG Huntington Beach 2020 Winter 6 Week Series." The six week league started on January 30th. Both my calendar and the PDGA results agree that March 5 would be "week 6" of a 6 week league...

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I got my info off the same page. Brody was talking about maybe getting to play Waco and somebody posted about it in the Brodie thread in the general forums. So I went and looked up the league dates and when the next update was. Sometime after that day in Feb, it was changed. Maybe he put down the wrong end date to begin with and then changed it after I saw it, I have no idea.

Sorry if I reacted a bit harsh but I had just woken up.;)

I got my info off the same page. Brody was talking about maybe getting to play Waco and somebody posted about it in the Brodie thread in the general forums. So I went and looked up the league dates and when the next update was. Sometime after that day in Feb, it was changed. Maybe he put down the wrong end date to begin with, I have no idea.

Sorry if I reacted a bit harsh but I had just woken up.;)

No worries mate....I have pretty thick internet skin.

On January 30th, WCDG posted on their Facebook page that tonight was Week 1 of the 6 week series. No Brodie conspiracy here.

Attachments

• WCDG Facebook Post.jpg
    WCDG Facebook Post.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 25