• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf CALLED "LAME" BY....

can we start a "what would you rather get hit by" thread? i don't know how to make polls, so hopefully someone that does is as bored and interested in this subject as i am...

A) paintball (non-frozen)
B) wraith from +300 at pre low speed turn velocity
C) a dragonfly in the mouth on a motorcycle at highway speed
D) a sloppy kiss from the principal at the H.S. you attended at the time of your attendance
E) hail the size of golf balls (never experienced it myself, but imagine it would suck)
F) jimmy "superfly" snooka's best top rope move
G) elk urine extract

i vote A

I've had the opportunity to go play paintball, but is was too cost prohibitive; hence, my only experience is shooting one at a target in the woods. If I want to play a running-and-shooting game with buddies or my kids, I much prefer laser tag!...no hefty equipment to wear, no bruises, no ammo to buy, and FRICKIN' LASERS!!!

I won't have a problem with those douchebags unless they start paintballing the baskets or DGers themselves. Then it's war!

yea, i dont really care what they think, or what there saying, cuz i know disc golf is better than paintball lol

yea my friend who plays it with me like 4 times a week calls it frisbee golf
I accidentally will say Frisbee Golf from time to time. I have to explain it at work so many times a week and people don't know what I'm talking about until I say frisbee. Sad, but true.

I accidentally will say Frisbee Golf from time to time. I have to explain it at work so many times a week and people don't know what I'm talking about until I say frisbee. Sad, but true.

yea, i say disc golf, they say what, and i say

they are like frisbees, but harder, smaller, and you throw them a really long ways, hopefully....

The only reason i really get into any sport is because i went to a garage sale, thought well that seems interesting, and bought all the stuff really cheap. Which is how i got into my current hobbies of disc golf and hockey goalie. I'm sure if i saw some paintball stuff instead of disc golf stuff i'd be a paintball junkie right now.

And on a random note: My nickname is "Frodo" so i find the frolf comment very amusing.

i'm about to go get a super burrito from the local taqueria. can't decide between carne asada, or chorizo... hey, we should do a poll for what kind of super burrito i should get. this seems like a good thread...

A) carne asada
B) chorizo
C) veggie
D) chicken
E) elk urine extract

I'll admit that when I first heard about "frolf" from co-workers, it sounded a bit hippie-dippy. "Throwing frisbees in the woods? Yeah, Ok..."

But they kept talking it up, so I got a starter pack and figured I'd give it a try. Went and threw in a field, probably didn't break 100'.... hit the course and was immediately hooked.

To the uninitiated though, the mental image of the game may not include ripping drives well over 100 yards, nor sinking clutch putts from 60' out.

There is a paintball store in my neck of the woods that is going out of business. Excuse me, that is going out of "Extreme" business.

And the answer is E) elk urine extract.

Well, I used to play paintball competitively and enjoyed the hell out of it. The only thing is... $30 for paintballs, $20 for field fees, $5 for nitrous, etc. I just have to pay for gas to the local DG course. I won't really comment much on what was said in the post other than spell check really was not used at all.

I enjoy PB a lot but it's just too damn expensive. I'll stick with disc.

can we start a "what would you rather get hit by" thread? i don't know how to make polls, so hopefully someone that does is as bored and interested in this subject as i am...

A) paintball (non-frozen)
B) wraith from +300 at pre low speed turn velocity
C) a dragonfly in the mouth on a motorcycle at highway speed
D) a sloppy kiss from the principal at the H.S. you attended at the time of your attendance
E) hail the size of golf balls (never experienced it myself, but imagine it would suck)
F) jimmy "superfly" snooka's best top rope move
G) elk urine extract

I've been hit by paintballs, golf discs (not a wraith, but a valk and a destroyer), and hail that was a little bigger than golf balls. Out of those, the hail hurt the most, with the disc a little less, and the paintball not even in the same league.

Did anyone bother to notice the date on the post on the Paintball forums? They are from two years ago...

Can anyone say dead horse??

Did anyone bother to notice the date on the post on the Paintball forums? They are from two years ago...

Can anyone say dead horse??

dead-horse.gif

disc golf is lame, but a bunch of grown men running around in pajamas, calling each other 'the colonel' and shooting each other with glorified nerf guns is TOTALLY the opposite of lame...

/sarcasm