• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

picture.php

picture.php

This is a cart I made years ago, sorry for the bad pictures. The copper was not cheap, but it made for a strong, fairly light cart. Plus I learned how to solder copper, fun project. It's just sitting in the basement next to the Delta cart these days.

I'll be picking up my jogging stroller this weekend. I figured I'd ask here instead of start a new thread. What are some necessities that are good to have in a bag?

• bug spray
  • Towels
  • Rosin bag
  • measuring tape
  • extention pole
  • umbrella
  • pen/pencils/mini clipboard
  • black light
  • glow tape

What else am I missing? I know it's not survival, I would just like to have everything we need. No water holes at my local course so no need for a retriever or gator head.

Do you carry all that stuff with you now? Getting a cart, for me, wasn't about lugging around crap I won't need 90% of the time (Yes, I have all that stuff, but I only bring it when I know I'm going to be using it). It's about taking the strain off my back. I have a Boxer mix that struggles in the heat so I drag a ton of water with me, and it's exhausting but worth it to have my boy with me. I'll admit that I went gung-ho about it when I built my first cart. When I bought my Delta, I didn't take the same route because I knew better. I figured out how to best fit my stuff and hit the course.

All the extra stuff and discs you may start carrying "because you now have a cart" is extra weight you still have to push around. You'll wind up hating the cart because it will wear you out (it takes the strain off your back and lets your legs do the work instead, but you still have to do the work). Fit what you have in your bag now and add to it as needed.

I'll be picking up my jogging stroller this weekend. I figured I'd ask here instead of start a new thread. What are some necessities that are good to have in a bag?

• bug spray
  • Towels
  • Rosin bag
  • measuring tape
  • extention pole
  • umbrella
  • pen/pencils/mini clipboard
  • black light
  • glow tape

What else am I missing? I know it's not survival, I would just like to have everything we need. No water holes at my local course so no need for a retriever or gator head.

I don't see a cooler on that list. What's the point of a cart, if it doesn't carry your beers for you?

HA, yeah I'll definitely have a cooler and discs. With the exception of the umbrella, blacklight, and glow tape, I'd say I do normally carry the rest of that stuff in my backpack. I just wasn't sure if I was forgetting anything that I probably should have or not. Thanks for the info Tbird888

Not black light, Ultra Violet light. Much better
Baseball or hockey puck
A few plastic trash bags. (A holder for trash bag on cart maybe)
Sealed small pack baby wipes / sanitary wipe
First aid kit (at least tick key and splinter tweezers)
Swiss Army knife
One secure pocket for keys / phone. Double pocket.
Hidden pocket
Bicycle bell

I keep a multi tool, tape and zip ties in mine. I've used the tape for a buddies shoe blow out and zip ties when I lost a cotter pin on my Go Kart.

I've been working on a little something, using an old golf push cart for parts, and an old crate.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Only thing it still needs is feet, and a coat of varnish.
Holds 19 discs, a six-pack cooler, a case for electronics, wallet, keys, etc., room for a few towels and a jacket.

Last edited:
I've been working on a little something, using an old golf push cart for parts, and an old crate.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Only thing it still needs is feet, and a coat of varnish.
Holds 19 discs, a six-pack cooler, a case for electronics, wallet, keys, etc., room for a few towels and a jacket.

That is dope! You aren't going to run into anybody with another one of those on the course. Great work!

Now that's a neat idea davidrboy. It has an old-time Americana vibe to it and it seems pretty functional too. Is there a way to keep the lid open?

That is dope! You aren't going to run into anybody with another one of those on the course. Great work!

Thanks. I like it. But if I were going to run into another one like it on the course, it would probably be here in Portland.

Now that's a neat idea davidrboy. It has an old-time Americana vibe to it and it seems pretty functional too. Is there a way to keep the lid open?

Thanks. The lid stays open on its own when it is not rolling, but I am going to figure something for keeping it open while rolling as well. For the record, I used slip-joint hinges so that the top can be slid off and flipped over for checkers breaks, y'all.

Nice DRB! how heavy is it?

Not very. The handles in the sides of the box make it very easy to lift, and I used big knobs to hold the handle on, so the handle can be removed in a matter of seconds. I'll weight it tonight.

Wow...That is a SWEET cart. Where did you get the wheels? Also, is it noisy with all the plastic banging around in there? Is it a tight enough fit to prevent that?

More questions lol...

Where'd you get that crate?
What kind of push cart did you use as in, brand/model?
Is it strong enough to sit on?

Thanks for sharing!

-Dave

Wow...That is a SWEET cart. Where did you get the wheels? Also, is it noisy with all the plastic banging around in there? Is it a tight enough fit to prevent that?

More questions lol...

Where'd you get that crate?
What kind of push cart did you use as in, brand/model?
Is it strong enough to sit on?

Thanks for sharing!

-Dave

The wheels and handle came off the cart, some no name brand made in China - $15 on Craigslist. It isn't noisy, but I'm still going to add some old carpet under the discs. Crate is also from CL. Absolutely strong enough to sit on.
Plus, checkers y'all.

Last edited:
The wheels and handle came off the cart, some no name brand made in China - $15 on Craigslist. It isn't noisy, but I'm still going to add some old carpet under the discs. Crate is also from CL. Absolutely strong enough to sit on.
Plus, checkers y'all.

I'd carpet (or foam or whatever) around the sides of the disc compartment, as well...just to reduce wear on discs.

Got my cart almost done. Debating about setup options. I like option A, but it requires side panels (Not pictured) to keep the bag from ruining on the tires. This makes the side pockets of the bag hard to get to and I need the separate bottle holder up top.

Attachments

• IMG_20151026_132454262.jpg
    IMG_20151026_132454262.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20151026_132438530.jpg
    IMG_20151026_132438530.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 177
Option B lets me not have the side panels, or the top bottle holder bag. However to me something just doesn't look right.

Attachments

• IMG_20151026_132059604.jpg
    IMG_20151026_132059604.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20151026_132029547.jpg
    IMG_20151026_132029547.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 102

Latest posts