• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid of spiders. Could you guys please keep your spiders leashed.

And clean up after them, I mean really...
Being a douchebag is not an effective way to support your cause.

Your fear of spiders is legitimate, and anyone who BRINGS them to the course, should keep them restrained for you.

Being a douchebag is not an effective way to support your cause.

Your fear of spiders is legitimate, and anyone who BRINGS them to the course, should keep them restrained for you.

Did you just call me a douchebag?:confused:

I don't have a cause, I just fear spiders.

Lighten up, Francis.

Did you just call me a douchebag?:confused:

I don't have a cause, I just fear spiders.

Lighten up, Francis.

There isn't much in this life that I fear except losing any one of five discs in my bag.

If I lost one, it would feel like I lost a child.

Each one of them has a nickname.

OMG, I think I'm addicted. LOL

Woodpecker

Well I am about tired of explaining that there is no way anyone would walk over there. The field is not even cut and grass is about 2 feet high. No one walks through it. Also only dgers use this area. This is not a normal park where people just walk around. I even had guys I play with who have been watching this thread tell me today that they (you guys) would understand if you saw the course and saw where the field is.

Oh, I get it. Far away from the basket, not even in the direction of the basket, two foot tall grass. Sounds like my very first game. Fairway hooked left, to the right was a wide open field. I go to throw, and end up going like 200 feet to the right, in the complete wrong direction. I proceeded to spend the next half hour searching that 2 foot grass for the disc. The bottom line is that if it is ground, there is potential for feet to walk upon it - period.

Your tiger reference is amazing. The only problem I have with that is my dog would have to venture more then 15 ft away from me, which she never does. I do have her on a leash when we ever go to a different course.

First, the dog would not has to venture more than 15 feet to scare someone. Would you be less scared of the tiger if it was next to someone? Not likely. And if the dog is always within 15 feet, then why is it so hard to clean up her poop? You're right there anyway, so pick it up.

Why would you never take them to a park unleashed if they are well trained they should stay right with you and listen?

Because like I've been saying from the start, it's not about how well I know the dog will behave, it's about considering the feelings of anyone I may run into who does NOT know how behaved the dog is. I run into someone who's terrified of dogs, my saying "it's ok, he's a good dog" is not likely to make them feel better. Seeing them on a leash will.

This is why I'm glad there's leash laws where I live. Nobody can try to justify why their dog is different.

When Marshall St has a Special on Elite Z plastic when you were thinking about getting a new Z buzzz...and then spent 50 bucks just to get the free shipping. :doh:

I love dogs. Been around them my whole life. My mom raised show dogs for 45 yrs. Worked for a vet from the time I was 15 until I graduated from college.

To this day, a strange dog running at me puts me on guard.

And I know the LOOK. The look when a dog senses fear and is about to go bonkers.

I had two very bad experiences with loose dogs in my life.

The first time, my 3 year old daughter was playing in the front yard while I was doing yard work. A contractor pulled up next door with a Doberman loose in the bed of his truck. The dog immediately started staring at my daughter. I asked the guy to leash his dog and he told me to stick it. So, I called my daughter to take her in the house. When she started running to me, the dog jumped out of the truck and was charging her. I jumped and tackled the dog before he got to her. He bite into my forearm and I spun him around and fell on him. Grabbed him under the chin and snapped his neck.

The contractor, then, tried to whip my azz. When he got the wrong end of that deal, he called the cops. He still didn't get it when the cops arrested him.

Another time, a guy who raised German Shepards and Dobermans guard dogs for the police dept. and the military bases got a big kick out scaring people in the neighborhood with his dogs. It was always a big joke to him until one got loose and attacked a couple of people and then attacked me as I was trying to help the injured people get away from the dog. I cracked the dog's skull with a steel pipe. Then, I helped the injured people get to the safety of their home. The dog was still walking around when the police showed up. One officer pulled his revolver and put the dog down.

Simple rule: If you have your dog out in public anywhere, have it on a leash, period. A unknown loose dog scares a lot more people than you think.

99% of the dogs are good, some just have really stupid owners especially the ones that say "My dog would never hurt a flea." Unless you want to watch the city put your dog down for attacking someone and a nice big lawsuit from the injured party, keep 'em on a leash.

Woodpecker

That is some vicious stories. Even after hearing that on my course and the people I play with I will let her off. Sorry.

When I am at other courses I will leash her like I said before.

Oh, I get it. Far away from the basket, not even in the direction of the basket, two foot tall grass. Sounds like my very first game. Fairway hooked left, to the right was a wide open field. I go to throw, and end up going like 200 feet to the right, in the complete wrong direction. I proceeded to spend the next half hour searching that 2 foot grass for the disc. The bottom line is that if it is ground, there is potential for feet to walk upon it - period.

First, the dog would not has to venture more than 15 feet to scare someone. Would you be less scared of the tiger if it was next to someone? Not likely. And if the dog is always within 15 feet, then why is it so hard to clean up her poop? You're right there anyway, so pick it up.

Because like I've been saying from the start, it's not about how well I know the dog will behave, it's about considering the feelings of anyone I may run into who does NOT know how behaved the dog is. I run into someone who's terrified of dogs, my saying "it's ok, he's a good dog" is not likely to make them feel better. Seeing them on a leash will.

This is why I'm glad there's leash laws where I live. Nobody can try to justify why their dog is different.

I really don't think you understand how this course is set up. Since you have never played my course or have seen it I am not going to argue with you about it over the internet. I am done explaining to you the situation here with you! Like I said before I will keep her on a leash at different parks but at my home course that the course is the only thing that is on this piece of land and nothing else it is different. Enough said on this subject until you come down here to Rolla, MO and play Lions Club Disc Golf Course and see what I have been talking about.

Agreed 100%.

. The dog runs straight under the wire fence surrounded the course and in front of said trucks. Being a guy who loves animals, I had to grab the little fella before the truck did..

This was nice of you

I really don't think you understand how this course is set up. Since you have never played my course or have seen it I am not going to argue with you about it over the internet. I am done explaining to you the situation here with you! Like I said before I will keep her on a leash at different parks but at my home course that the course is the only thing that is on this piece of land and nothing else it is different. Enough said on this subject until you come down here to Rolla, MO and play Lions Club Disc Golf Course and see what I have been talking about.

I don't care how the course is set up. If it's on the planet then there is potential for human feet to touch it. As for going there to play, I think I'll pass. I heard that course has loose dogs and poop. I'm done and moving on.

Sounds like we need the Dog Whisperer at the disc golf course. Even better, the English lady Victoria from that Animal Planet show. Hu-ah!
Well behaved dogs should be allowed to be unleashed at their owners side unless there is an leash requirement and it depends on the course. Aggressive dogs should not be allowed to roam at all.

Don't kick dogs, kick the stupid owners. People can be asses, but dogs are always cool, no matter what size.

Dogs are like your children. I just had to put my Basset Hound down, because of cancer, and I cried like a little girl over that dog. I still miss her, and always will.

Titanicpics004.jpg

Last edited:
Animal abuse is what mentally unstable people do. If the dog doesn't bite, it doesn't deserve to be abused, or worse... killed.

The fear of dogs is the human's problem. Maybe you should get help.

So is a fear of guns...doesn't mean its okay for me to go waving one around at the supermarket.
"It's okay!! They safety is ON!!!!"
Yeahh....I don't think so.

So is a fear of guns...doesn't mean its okay for me to go waving one around at the supermarket.

That was good. It made me laugh.:hfive:

While we are talking about dogs, what do you guys think about the people that bring their little dogs to the supermarket?

Animal abuse is what mentally unstable people do. If the dog doesn't bite, it doesn't deserve to be abused, or worse... killed.

The fear of dogs is the human's problem. Maybe you should get help.

Sounds like we need the Dog Whisperer at the disc golf course. Even better, the English lady Victoria from that Animal Planet show. Hu-ah!
Well behaved dogs should be allowed to be unleashed at their owners side unless there is an leash requirement and it depends on the course. Aggressive dogs should not be allowed to roam at all.

I am glad I finally have some back up on this subject.

your statement is kinda off ..
in reference to the dog thing it would be more like....
if i were to have my gun on me and u wanted to attack me cause u knew that i had it ..and the possibilities of an attack .... even tho it was at my waist and safety on ..

Don't kick dogs, kick the stupid owners. People can be asses, but dogs are always cool, no matter what size.

Dogs are like your children. I just had to put my Basset Hound down, because of cancer, and I cried like a little girl over that dog. I still miss her, and always will.

Titanicpics004.jpg

Midnight, Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. Been through that myself, and there's not much that sucks more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.