• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when people destruct and/or destroy the natural aspects of a course like snapping branches to get a clear shot. Half the time if not most they miss anyways.

I get ticked at useless advice. If someone has something helpful to say, that's another thing, but phrases like, just do this and let the disc do the work....
Yeah. I'm gonna change my whole stance/grip/motion. Right now. Halfway through a round. Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow, in a field, when i'm not having a crappy round.
At least my worst rounds are usually solo.
Tell me you haven't done this.
Miss an awkward putt from 10' away. Crouched, throwing below a fallen tree. Retry. All three shots hit dead center on the chains, just like the first, two out of three spit straight out the other side. I grabbed my discs and didn't look back. The bad mojo might be following....

I would have to say trash on the course and vandals to damage/spray paint baskets/signs. Just takes away from the experience of disc golfing. I am out there to relax, have a good time and forget about my problems.

I have a new pet peeve. How about when a non-sanctioned tournament is hosted by a local club, and when a non-local wins the advanced division they pull the top prize, a nice basket, and give it to the winner of intermediate who was a local, and the winner of advanced, wins a disc.
I also heard them say they wanted to make sure the basket went to a local.
Otherwise the tournament was a blast, but when you win your division and the whole tournament by 5 strokes it'd sure be nice to at least get your entry fee back in winnings. I may have gotten close, but I had to win the tournament, a CTP, and the distance competition.
A great run and well thought out tournament, there just need to be some lessons in payout.

#1 Not letting faster, or smaller groups play through. I am not a pro and I am not very good, but come on when someone is on you on ever whole just let them play through.
#2 Taking your sweet time to play a whole. I once played behind a group of three guys who took 5 minutes to take their putts then accused me of throwing at them when they finished the whole.
#3 Litter, people can just be so damn lazy to pick up. Lets throw all the trash on the course in your living room and see how you feel.

It isn't hard to do these 3 things. As far as noise just don't scream out your swear words or blast your music.

I hate it when people have temper tantrums. I played with a random guy that was actually really good. He had a couple of bad holes and started throwing his bag and acting like a baby. Lost all respect for him after that.

The only pet peeve I have is people that have to say something every shot for every person on every hole. whether it be advice or almost man, looked good,
should've done this throw, or used that disk that stuff gets under my skin faster than any of things listed above.

Two biggest DG pet peeves

Okay I'm a big fan of disc golf and love to play when I get the chance, but here are two things that really bug me: 1. Huge groups that refuse to let people play through 2. People that insist on practice putting on holes when you are playing that hole.

1. I'm fine with people going out with a large group and having a good time but once people are behind you, you need to let people play through. (Honestly that little rule goes for small groups or slow players too). When I'm playing with slower people I let others play through so I expect the same.

2. My old home course (Earlewood) doesn't have a practice basket (which they really could stick one in the middle of the round-about in the parking lot). So people always practice putting on 10 and 11. It's no big deal but I can't stand it when the practice people act like I (who is actually playing the course) am in their way. Also if you are practice putting, moving 15 feet to the right of the basket does not make you out of the way!! When practicing putting, as soon as someone steps on that tee pad, move your butt out of the way.

So anyway, I love the game, but those two things have been killing me lately and I wanted to post. Anyone agree or think I am totally wrong??

Also, welcome to the board...

Two pet peeves of mine:

1. When I throw terrible shots.

2. When rude people try to ruin your escape from the real world (playing disc golf). Rudeness can look many different ways such as not letting you play through or just anything that is inconsiderate.

When my cat sprays in the house he really douses everything.
My buddy has a horse and the urine stream on that thing!

1) If you cant easily play through after a couple holes, skip ahead of the large group, then come back and finish those holes later.

2) If you hit the guy standing 15' from the basket, then you have a 15' birdie attempt, thats a pretty easy birdie.

Dont let the bad guys get you down.

Merry Christmas ! :)

My 2 pet peeves:

1) Flooded courses

2) Tornadoes

These things prevent me from playing, so I don't like them at all.

My 2 pet peeves:

1) Flooded courses

2) Tornadoes

These things prevent me from playing, so I don't like them at all.

Fair weather golfer! :p

1) course vandalism
2) large slow groups of beginners not letting singles or small groups of quick experienced players to play through. Especially when they stand on their tee and watch you park drive after drive, and nail putt after putt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts