• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cigarette Butts need a better name. The word 'butt' just has negative written all over it. They need to rename them 'Cigarette Flowers' or 'Cigarette Unicorns' or something like that.

Anyway, I pick mine up and make my pants smell all gross so the course is prettier. I nod my head in shame when I see somebody litter. I saw some people in Wyoming that put their cig butts between their shoelaces so their pants don't smell. Trashy!

Cigarette Butts need a better name. The word 'butt' just has negative written all over it. They need to rename them 'Cigarette Flowers' or 'Cigarette Unicorns' or something like that.

Anyway, I pick mine up and make my pants smell all gross so the course is prettier. I nod my head in shame when I see somebody litter. I saw some people in Wyoming that put their cig butts between their shoelaces so their pants don't smell. Trashy!

How about cigarette buddies?

"Hey, there are a lot of buddies on the ground."

This could work!!!!!

negativity on the course in any manner.

people taking themselves to seriously on the course.

courses with no signage and layout impossible to figure out.

and probably most of the smokers on this thread. haha, just kidding.

The people that go out to the course early in the morning with no bag and walk up and down the creek with a stick/disc fishing device to snag everybodys disc after it rains or after a tourney etc.. My home course is Steeplechase in Kyle, Tx and i've seen three different people in the last two days.

I do this all the time. I retrieved and returned 9 discs this week after the snow melted plus 8 more that I got off the melting ice after a tourney I played in.
I go out early in the morning so I can get it done before work. People seem to appreciate getting their plastic back. If it weren't for me, most those people would never see their discs again.

^We get people in full on wetsuits that dredge our 'lake' at Oak Grove. I think its good of them because I sure am not going in that nasty JPL runoff water. I don't write my number on my discs, so I mean, at least the disc is being put to some good use.

Sr. Grump, would you rather just let the discs sit at the bottom of the lake/creek? Seems kind of environmentally irresponsible.....as I would say 95% of them would stay there if it wasn't for the early morning yahoos that retrieve them.

^We get people in full on wetsuits that dredge our 'lake' at Oak Grove. I think its good of them because I sure am not going in that nasty JPL runoff water. I don't write my number on my discs, so I mean, at least the disc is being put to some good use.

Sr. Grump, would you rather just let the discs sit at the bottom of the lake/creek? Seems kind of environmentally irresponsible.....as I would say 95% of them would stay there if it wasn't for the early morning yahoos that retrieve them.

I lost a Roc in a pond once. I went back with an iron rake the next day and dredged it. The two people that got discs back that I found were very happy I decided to do this.

Pick up a plastic water bottle along the way and stash them in there...keeps the stank contained. Some of my buddies have some sorta small clamshell container that hangs from their bag just for this purpose as well. No idea if that's what it's made for or what, but it works.

People whose avatars look like Harpo Marx

5adfe085-7501-49ac-8eb1-4715c42b8ef7.jpg

I lost a Roc in a pond once. I went back with an iron rake the next day and dredged it. The two people that got discs back that I found were very happy I decided to do this.

Sweet! Wanna grab my Valk out of the pond at MCC?

...HATE that pond...

I could go on for hours about my disc golf pet peeves, first of all I simply loathe people who complain and whine about absolutely everything but I also hate people who are always happy and the so called "even tempered" psycho's, I can't stand run on sentences either, hello , there are more than just comma's duyeeeee.

Yeah i hate it when people don't use proper punctuation and talk like I'm going to run off if they don't just take a break and I sure don't like it when people use slang words like I seen you do it and you ain't gonna get away with it I also hate it when you do something special and someone always has to critique your work and pick it apart oh yeah and I hate runon sentences..., , ! :;

Relentless, unsolicited advice. It's always nice to get a pointer from someone better than me don't get me wrong. That's the biggest reason why I like to throw with people that are better than me. That way I can observe them to SEE why they are better. But I can't stand it when, during a casual round no less, I'm stuck with that db that feels like he has to critique every single one of my throws. Chill out Mr. Pro. I know you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.